ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Talk about your city Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 11th, 2005 01:38 PM
Jair What is the most relevant fact about your city, & where you live?
Down here in Caxias do Sul, Brasil, the most important are the beauty of women, of course.

They are so many, so taste, so hot that I have wish to grrs sfr aurls nhacks strfees klings procfts them all!!!!

If you're on the street and will try look to all of them, you might be severe neck problems...

Actually this crap is a very industrial city, lots of polution, lots of poor people (they came to here to work and then get disapointed), lots of criminality etc etc etc.

On the other hand, is the most rich city in this State & one of my rich of Brasil.

Contradictions alot as well.

[Edited by Jair]
April 11th, 2005 02:46 PM
egon I live in Marseille.
People from Paris say Marseille is shit.
We hate people from Paris.
Everybody hates people from Paris
We have a better football team than Paris.
We have more sun than Paris
We have more dogshit than Paris
We have more Paris than Paris.
Marseille rocks.
Come over some time and get your wallet stolen

Thank you!

April 11th, 2005 02:57 PM
Irresistible-Lady I live in Wekerom[Holland} And this town sucks..here are a lot of people who go to the church..:-{..Lucky as i am is the town Ede near Wekerom,and i'll go there weekly to visit my favorite bartender :-}
April 11th, 2005 03:00 PM
magicwoman I live a city in the middle of Holland.In an area called "the Veluwe"its a boring place with boring shops and boring peoples
EXCEPT IL
[Edited by magicwoman]
[Edited by magicwoman]
April 11th, 2005 03:08 PM
Irresistible-Lady Well thank you Magicwoman..for the people that didn't know..Magicwoman is my old schoolmate..and she told me here that i'm boring :-{
April 11th, 2005 03:10 PM
voodoopug I am from Glendale Heights, IL I am moving to Bartlett, IL these are suburbs of Chicago. Chicago is famous for losing baseball teams, losing football teams, the finest restaurants, finest hotels, and worst public transportation system.

I am currently selling my home, so please buy it from me as ground will be breaking shortly on our new 6 bedroom home!

I would be happy to go into more detail about Chicago to those who PM me, but do not feel it is necessary to do so in this forum as Chicago is not secret town.

April 11th, 2005 03:21 PM
Bloozehound Live Music Capital of the World

April 11th, 2005 03:43 PM
Angiegirl Leiden, Netherlands.

Rembrandt van Rijn was born, and started his carreer, here.

"Born here on July 15, 1606: Rembrandt van Rijn"

O joy!!

April 11th, 2005 03:44 PM
Jair
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Live Music Capital of the World

Pardon my stupidity, but i thought in Austin there was just country & western music.....

April 11th, 2005 04:05 PM
Surround Sister Voodoopug!
(I´m a - straight - guy, remember)
Exactly how often do you go to the blocks where the Chess studio was?
Is there anything left of the building from the Chess sessions?

April 11th, 2005 04:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Voodoopug!
(I´m a - straight - guy, remember)
Exactly how often do you go to the blocks where the Chess studio was?
Is there anything left of the building from the Chess sessions?

I rarely venture into the city, as I hate driving around in traffic and paying high prices to park. I typically use limo service to sporting events or airports and the "el" train when i go to Navy Pier or the museums with my family actually. I never went out to see it when it was standing unfortunately, and never made the trip out there to see where it used to be. With my limited eyesight, i am a liability driving slowly looking for an address and i hate riding shotgun when my wife drives

maybe someday though as i should go there as a stones fan!
April 11th, 2005 04:20 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Jair wrote:

Pardon my stupidity, but i thought in Austin there was just country & western music.....

country musics very dominant (austin is in Texas you know) but it's not all just Willie and George Strait, there's quite a bit more to it than that, folk, rockabilly, blues & rock n roll pretty much secure the corner vestiges of the popular musical gamut here, not to mention austin being a thriving hotbed for the indie and americana music scenes

Stoneswise, Ian Mclagen lives and plays with his bump band every thurs 6-8 at the Lucky Lounge, which is right next door to the world famous Antones blues club

there's something for everybody
April 11th, 2005 04:20 PM
Scot Rocks Glasgow historically was a large industrial city and was known as "2nd city of the Empire" its population has declined since the 1960s since the city attempted to alleviate the poor housing problem and moved many residents to new towns outside the city, such as East Kilbride and Cumnbernauld (where I reside) and now is probably around 750,000.

In Glasgow the biggest employer used to be heavy industry, such as shipbuilding, locomotives, iron and steel, at one point 1/4 of all world shipping was built on the river Clyde. In the latter part of the twentieth century Glasgow has changed, the old heavy industries have declined and closed. Glasgow has now only 2 shipyards on the Clyde. Now Glasgow is drastically changed and is a centre of commerce and in the last 20 years has went under massive change. Today Glasgow is one of the liveliest and most cosmopolitan cities in europe, with great nightlife etc...

This is a good timeline of Glasgow's history...

http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/info-timeline.html

and here is some pics...

April 11th, 2005 04:22 PM
Scot Rocks btw this is where I got the pics from and there is loads more here plus more info about Glasgow if anyone is interested.

http://www.seeglasgow.com/seeglasgow/photo-gallery

April 11th, 2005 07:01 PM
Surround Sister http://www.harnosand.se/turism.4.a53de4f8778730447fff1658.html
for some panoramas over my town (small, at the Bothnic Sea)
...you could choose "Gådeåparken" or "....från kyrktornet" (view from church tower)or "Smitingen i april", or - most smashing "Vårdkasen sommarvy" (from a hill close to town)
You could go to http://www.harnosand.se/turism/hjortronstallenibildspel.4.a53de4f8778730447fff4176.html - same site but nor you can choose among still pics like these

(in order : ) Nattviken ~ Night Bay; Rådhuset Town Hall from late 1700´s;

...Or maybe instead go to the beach... (shitty pics from our fine beach, recommend the panorama above; but go some 40 miles and hit this)- Rotsidan; finally Waterfall...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

[Edited by Surround Sister]
April 11th, 2005 07:11 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i live in dallas. its pretty cool here.
i dont know what else to say
April 11th, 2005 07:50 PM
doo doo doo Dude I live in Los Angeles, the entertainment mecca of the world. The sun is always shining here and the streets are paved of solid gold. All my neighbors are movie stars and/or celebrities.
April 11th, 2005 07:54 PM
Some Guy Traffic really sux in Atlanta
April 11th, 2005 08:42 PM
Surround Sister Doo Doo Doo Dude;
As you can understand from my pics I dont envy sh*te of your golden ston plates or plastic surgery neigbors; 'cause I live in the Land of the V i k i n g s, tsool, the bleeding Hives, and the reindeer herding Sami people (and Santa) & (Supposed) free sex
... BTW go to http://www.stonesvikings.com/RASUNDA1970.htm
to launch real fine fresh (though, respectively, 39 or 40 y o; 35; and 32 y o) pics from Stones Scandinavian tours in late 60´s and early 70´s.
(This is the link to main site of [Nordic] Stonesvikings)

Voodopug: Interesting to get a glance of your personal logistics in Chicago, limo service, that´s cool. - Well, yeah, you really ought to see what´s left of 2120 S. Michigan Av. ...But we all know how it is: The children of the Baker never get to eat any buns, you tend to miss whats at the closest distance.
Izzit cold winds there too from the Great Lakes? Here April is terrible in that sense; all counties around us got full spring, but here hell freezes over of the chilling sea-wind.
April 11th, 2005 08:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Doo Doo Doo Dude;
As you can understand from my pics I dont envy sh*te of your golden ston plates or plastic surgery neigbors; 'cause I live in the Land of the V i k i n g s, tsool, the bleeding Hives, and the reindeer herding Sami people (and Santa) & (Supposed) free sex
... BTW go to http://www.stonesvikings.com/RASUNDA1970.htm
to launch real fine fresh (though, respectively, 39 or 40 y o; 35; and 32 y o) pics from Stones Scandinavian tours in late 60´s and early 70´s.
(This is the link to main site of [Nordic] Stonesvikings)

Voodopug: Interesting to get a glance of your personal logistics in Chicago, limo service, that´s cool. - Well, yeah, you really ought to see what´s left of 2120 S. Michigan Av. ...But we all know how it is: The children of the Baker never get to eat any buns, you tend to miss whats at the closest distance.
Izzit cold winds there too from the Great Lakes? Here April is terrible in that sense; all counties around us got full spring, but here hell freezes over of the chilling sea-wind.

temperature doesnt bother me, i just have a real problem overpaying for things in the city when the suburbs offer me many of these same things at a cheaper price. Schaumburg for instance has just as good of restaurants as downtown without the hassle of travel and traffic.

I go downtown when events call for it or work does, but i just dont enjoy driving my big gas guzzling Durango down there!

i should go check out Chess though, you are correct!
April 11th, 2005 09:33 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Doo Doo Doo Dude;

Surround sister, you should come to the land of milk & honey, the glorious City of Angels. You too can be a movie star! Let me know, I'll be your partner, show you the steps. You too can be tasting the sweet wine of success.
April 11th, 2005 11:00 PM
Soldatti I live in Buenos Aires.
Hot chicks here, great city, many great people, many arssholes too.
The bad point is that we are all crazy, the whole country is crazy.
April 11th, 2005 11:45 PM
Madafaka I live in Buenos Aires. I agree with Soldatti, people here are a little crazy, but I really love this place.

We have a lot of great things:
Tango, the most beautiful girls in the world, football, discos and pubs open 24 hours everyday, concerts, dulce de leche, asado, Maradona, etc, etc. Everything that a big city has.
Have you ever seen "Wild On Buenos Aires" on E!? If you have seen it, you could have a general idea
April 12th, 2005 12:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jair wrote:
What is the most relevant fact about your city, & where you live?

I live in Mexico City in the border between Colonia Condesa and Colonia Roma.

• The population is bigger than 22 million in the very same city! We have an avenue of more than 17 miles!

• More than 8,500 ft (2,600 m) above sea level so you can get high just breathing thin air and of course there's plenty of alternatives

• We're in the top cities in terms of corruption and smog.

• From extreme poverty to some of the richest men in the world.

• Non-stop nightlife, in the ten top cities of the entire world according to "Newsweek"

• Biggest consumption of beer and coca cola in the world in the just one city. Main sales center by many international companies of consumer products.

• A city waiting for all of you to see the Stones live wilder than ever... I live in the equivalent to the Greenwich Village from the Big Apple, the zone of art, artists, music, hippies, etc etc

• Sex and drugs and love and hope and sex and dreams and laughter, joy, and loneliness and sex and sex and sex and sex are still surviving on the street

• The place in which Voodoo Chile in Wonderland lives!

BTW, I lived two years in New York City (Riverdale - Bronx)

Also when I worked for a USA Company (5 years from 1990 to 1995) I travelled a lot and added more than 2 in the USA (not NYC) and Europe, so 2 years out of 5 outside my City
April 12th, 2005 07:13 AM
headshrinker I live in cheltenham, England. Brian Jones' home town
people who don't live here think its very posh, clean and upper class, which is true for a very small part of it, but the rest of it is a shit hole filled with chavs.
the word chav originated in cheltenham
April 12th, 2005 07:29 AM
Surround Sister Hi! headshrinker: What does chav mean?

And dddDude: What is the greatness of being a movie star?
I´m a wellpayed, well-educated, happily married guy (yes!) with a lot of well-brought-up kids. Why would I become a movie star? I already look like one (Donald Duck ).
Anyway I might go there, because I already are connected to some influential and talented (resp.) people there; and we may do something on the issue of rock music
and maybe mostly on a certain group.

Voodop: Tell us when you´ve been there, right?

April 12th, 2005 07:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
I live in cheltenham, England. Brian Jones' home town
people who don't live here think its very posh, clean and upper class, which is true for a very small part of it, but the rest of it is a shit hole filled with chavs.
the word chav originated in cheltenham

LOL. Are you serious about the last part?
April 12th, 2005 07:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Hi! headshrinker: What does chav mean?

here's a page to give you a general idea :

http://www.worldwidewords.org/topicalwords/tw-cha2.htm

and, thanks to a Google images search, some visual examples of our 'underclass'

for those of you who have seen the BBC comedy "Little Britain", Matt Lucas' character 'Vicky Pollard' is the perfect definition of a 'chav'

[Edited by Gazza]
April 12th, 2005 07:41 AM
headshrinker haha yeh i'm pretty sure anyway. its only become a national word over the last year, but the first time i heard it was when i started secondary school 10 years ago. apparently it was started at the ladies college.
April 12th, 2005 08:02 AM
Taptrick

I live in "San Diego" California. It's exact meaning has been lost through the ages although many say it means a whales vagina.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour