ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to anounce tour today (Billboard) (article gives ticket prices..!) Return to archive
05-07-02 01:20 PM
Gazza Lets hope these ticket prices arent far off the mark!!

-------------------------------------

Stones' 40th Anniversary Tour Bows In Beantown

The Rolling Stones will announce 32 dates for its year-long, 40th anniversary world tour today (May 7) at a press conference in New York's Van Cortland Park, Billboard Bulletin reports. The tour kicks off Sept. 5 at Boston's CMGI Stadium and will play a mixture of stadiums, arenas, theaters, and clubs, sometimes hitting as many as three venues in one market. Additionally, the tour will utilize three completely different productions and three unique setlists.

Following the North American run, the Stones will play Mexico, Australia, the Far East, and Europe. The tour will end next September.

The band lineup will be the same as 1997-99's Bridges To Babylon/No Security run: Mick Jagger (vocals), Keith Richards (guitar), Ron Wood (guitar), Charlie Watts (drums), Chuck Leavell (keyboards), and Darryl Jones (bass).

The first small venue dates to be announced are the Orpheum Theater in Boston, the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, the Tower Theater in Philadelphia, the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, and the Roseland Ballroom in New York. Stadium tickets will be $50 and $90; arenas will be $50, $100, and $150; clubs and theaters will be $150, $125, $100, and $50.

As first tipped here last October, Michael Cohl, under his Grand Entertainment Touring banner, will be the worldwide promoter for the trek, extending a relationship that began with 1989's Steel Wheels tour. Clear Channel Entertainment will also be on board.

"My company will promote the tour and I'm the tour director, but Clear Channel are involved up to their elbows," Cohl says. "They will provide management and expertise for me in every market."

The worldwide touring industry will be happy to see the Stones return to the road. The group contributed $750 million to gross touring revenues in the 1990s, selling out 307 of 333 mostly stadium shows. On its last outing, the Stones grossed $337.2 million and played to 5.6 million people.

-- Ray Waddell, Nashville

www.billboard.com
05-07-02 01:26 PM
gotdablouse That sounds too cheap to be true...half the price of the recent McCartney and CSNY arena tours...
Cheaper than 97 in fact...

And WTF is that "new" album ?!

This tour really seems doomed from the get-go...I mean they can't even get coverage for their press conference ! How pathetic is that ?!
05-07-02 01:31 PM
Jaxx yeah! D I G I T!!!! now those i prices i can certainly live with.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.