ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Metropolitan Museum of Art - NYC May 7, 2007
© Daily Mail with special thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A question for you guys Return to archive
3rd May 2007 01:49 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Was it Gram Parsons who introduced Bobby Keyes to the stones?
3rd May 2007 01:51 PM
Saint Sway I recall reading that they met Bobby as far back as when they were on their 1st tour of the states.

but more importantly...

who introduced Tim Reis to the Stones? Was it Matt Clifford?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd May 2007 02:05 PM
Nellcote Sway, is that Dan Baird in that photo, and what's the 411 on a band he's in?
3rd May 2007 02:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Sway, is that Dan Baird in that photo, and what's the 411 on a band he's in?

yup thats one and only Dan Baird

that pic is with his band The Yayhoos. Crazy fun rock band - ck em out. Just good ol garage rock.

from L - R: Roscoe Amble, Dan, Keith Christopher and Terry Anderson

He's also still doing his solo thing too. Touring all over... plays sometimes in Mary McBrides band too
3rd May 2007 02:28 PM
Nellcote I was hoping you would say that, and not the chauffeur for the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile! Thanks for the 411, I will check 'em out. Have you ever heard the band he produced from Spain, Sugar Mountain? Pretty damn good....
3rd May 2007 03:26 PM
Saint Sway havent heard Sugar Mtn... will search them out.

Dan's a big deal in Spain. They love him there. Spain has great taste - they love their roots rock!

Dan Baird's perennial partner in crime, Keith Christopher, sat in with one of my favorite up and coming bands - The New Heathens - last night. Ventilator Blues!!

3rd May 2007 03:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man They met Bobby Keys for the first time in the States in 1964 when they were performing on the same TV show. Bobby Keys was part of Bobby Vees backing band.
3rd May 2007 05:00 PM
Starbuck
quote:
yup thats one and only Dan Baird

looks more like a bucktoothed dave grohl to me.
3rd May 2007 06:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

looks more like a bucktoothed dave grohl to me.

He's back...He's back...
It was like aliens had taken our Bucky away and replaced him with Folgers Decaf!!!
3rd May 2007 11:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Was it Gram Parsons who introduced Bobby Keyes to the stones?

I think it was Jimmy Miller who worked with Bobby before in some projects like "Sky" (A trio)
4th May 2007 12:52 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
They met Bobby Keys for the first time in the States in 1964 when they were performing on the same TV show. Bobby Keys was part of Bobby Vees backing band.

According to Bill Wyman, it was the Texas State Fair in
San Antonio on June 6, 1964. Also on the bill with the Stones and Bobby Vee was country legend George Jones.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)