ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Metropolitan Museum of Art - NYC May 7, 2007
© Daily Mail with special thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joan Baez banned at Walter Reed hospital(NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th May 2007 11:15 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

And now you know...the rest of the story...
[Edited by rasputin56]

I suspect the next major Bush Admin. scandal will be something along the lines of how the admin. is pillaging the lower social-economic classes to fill its military ranks...Did you know this?...It's shocking!
5th May 2007 11:48 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

In this instance, perhaps it's because treatment and care at VA hospitals has been terrible for a long long time...yet, until now, I don't recall any tears...I don't recall such a level of outrage...The fact that you think that Walter Reed is a Bush Admin. thing just about answers your question doesn't it?

Does it? It was more of a general question because that appears to be the pat answer for any criticism but OK. Maybe it's become more of problem now seeing that The Commander Guy and his policies have created more veterans who have needed to use the likes of Walter Reed and now there's a Congress who is willing to actually do their job? Personally, I haven't blamed anyone on this but if I were to assign blame on this one to anybody it would be the Pentagon (only because we libruls really, really, really, really hate the military) and the VA system itself. We all know Bush doesn't bother himself with the details. Those are usually reserved for his dumping important responsibilities on 30 year old graduates of televangelist schools.
5th May 2007 12:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Does it? It was more of a general question because that appears to be the pat answer for any criticism but OK. Maybe it's become more of problem now seeing that The Commander Guy and his policies have created more veterans who have needed to use the likes of Walter Reed and now there's a Congress who is willing to actually do their job? Personally, I haven't blamed anyone on this but if I were to assign blame on this one to anybody it would be the Pentagon (only because we libruls really, really, really, really hate the military) and the VA system itself. We all know Bush doesn't bother himself with the details. Those are usually reserved for his dumping important responsibilities on 30 year old graduates of televangelist schools.

Have you ever been to a VA hospital?...they're all appaling...and have been since the first time I went in the late 70s..It speaks more to the caliber of people you get to work in those places than anything else...I recommend that anyone who favors socialized medicine on a large scale visit their local VA...No raspy, political critics of Walter Reed and other VA hospitals are acting out of pure opportunism...it was a problem before Iraq...Hell, it was a problem before Vietnam..and it was common knowledge to anyone who gave a damn...yet you heard nothing...I answered your question on this issue...you know very well this "outrage" is politically motivated...as I said, it's been a problem for years...60 minutes has done at least two exposes that I can recall...If these politicians gave a fuck why did they not give a fuck before?...seems to me that our politicians should be a little more proactive...I mean any knuckle head can kick and scream after the a problem manifests itself to its full proportions...we are being governed by knee-jerk reactionaries on both sides of the line...politicians will do nothing unless there is a self-serving benefit to them...and currently, that means bitching and complaining after the fact...I think we deserve better than that
5th May 2007 02:01 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Have you ever been to a VA hospital?...they're all appaling...

they ARE a tad busier nowadays....
5th May 2007 02:29 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Have you ever been to a VA hospital?...they're all appaling...and have been since the first time I went in the late 70s..It speaks more to the caliber of people you get to work in those places than anything else...I recommend that anyone who favors socialized medicine on a large scale visit their local VA...No raspy, political critics of Walter Reed and other VA hospitals are acting out of pure opportunism...it was a problem before Iraq...Hell, it was a problem before Vietnam..and it was common knowledge to anyone who gave a damn...yet you heard nothing...I answered your question on this issue...you know very well this "outrage" is politically motivated...as I said, it's been a problem for years...60 minutes has done at least two exposes that I can recall...If these politicians gave a fuck why did they not give a fuck before?...seems to me that our politicians should be a little more proactive...I mean any knuckle head can kick and scream after the a problem manifests itself to its full proportions...we are being governed by knee-jerk reactionaries on both sides of the line...politicians will do nothing unless there is a self-serving benefit to them...and currently, that means bitching and complaining after the fact...I think we deserve better than that

I won't dispute the fact that both sides are oportunists. Unfortunately, the Republicans have been hiding behind the troops for years claiming to be all for 'em but have done nothing but let the situation fester under their watch. Now, the Democrats have exposed the problem so that people will be rightfully pissed that this has gone on for so long. The Republicans did nothing, the Democrats have drawn attention to it. Should they, now that they have the power, have remained quiet about it and ignore the conditions like the Republicans (who could've done something about but didn't) did? Would it be a bad thing if, for once, the troops actually get treated as they deserve to be treated because of the Democrats' "opportunism"?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)