ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Metropolitan Museum of Art - NYC May 7, 2007
© Daily Mail with special thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latin America ignored by Rolling Stones dot com Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st May 2007 08:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Today a new “virtual ticket” was announced, and I’m sure many of you received an e-mail from rollingstones.com about it, it is nothing but the same software they are using at the official The Who Tour website.

What pissed me off is that again Mexico and South America (Brazil and Argentina in this case) were ignored by the bastards

The record-breaking tour has been a milestone one for the band and its fans, full of excitement and surprises as it traveled throughout the US and Canada to Europe, Asia, Australia and back to the US and Canada again.

So they didn't stop and play in Latin America!! LOL Rio, Buenos Aires 1 and 2, Mexico City and Monterrey were all imaginary shows

So we had the cheap stage paying more than many cities of the USA and of course much more than Europe, Japan and Australia and not just that but now they forgot that they stopped here and in South America. I know is not the Stones but Michael Cohl’s people managing the official website but that sucks, just remember that Monterrey was the second most expensive show so far just after Las Vegas and Mexico City was just after NYC and LA and since it is so close to the USA Cities they were touring those days probably they were the shows with more profits (more sales and less expenses)

Fuck it!

This is, by far, worse than being whomiliated, humiliated, O’mahed or whatever new word appears. Fuck them all!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
1st May 2007 08:54 PM
Throwaway Nice of them to get specific (US, Canada) in the Western Hemisphere but say the rest as continents (Europe, Asia, etc) then forget to say the rest of the stops in the Americas \-:. Maybe they'll remember when they package the show with a tiny million or so in the audience they did in SA.
1st May 2007 08:59 PM
charlotte my advice to those 4 lads is to hang it up, it's been a great long run, if not they will just piss us off so much we will only remember the sour taste they left us in the end...
1st May 2007 10:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey Voodoo..Is that YOUR hard work on that graph?
Very impressive indeed!!!
1st May 2007 10:38 PM
glencar Let it go, VC. It doesn't really matter. Impressive chart though.
1st May 2007 11:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Let it go, VC. It doesn't really matter. Impressive chart though.

Yes I don't give a fuck at all... I know is Jakob Cohl and his "webmasters"

Of course I know and I was a witness of how the Stones (THE BAND) care about Latin America I saw their happy faces and the way they enjoyed the audiences in Buenos Aires (two shows), Mexico City and Monterrey and of course I saw the same when they played the "free" show in Brazil... and let me tell ya, I've seen the Stones in many states in the USA, the Stones really enjoy the latin heat!!

They care about Latin America!

What is a shame, shame, shame is that Jakob and Michael Cohl don't care because they made a lot of money in LA, in Mexico and Monterrey because of the high prices and low expenses, in Buenos Aires they compensated the cheap prices with the money of the TV and Radio broadcasts and in Rio for the TV rights to broadcast it later in the USA and Canada, and the money they are going to make when the DVD is released
2nd May 2007 02:38 PM
Jumping Jack I just canceled my membership before I automatically got charged another $100 on 5/9.

I recommend that all who joined in May 2005 before the tour started and got a free extension for a year last year check the date of your renewal.
2nd May 2007 02:52 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I just canceled my membership before I automatically got charged another $100 on 5/9.

I recommend that all who joined in May 2005 before the tour started and got a free extension for a year last year check the date of your renewal.

Thank you JJ.
I just did the same thing.
No automatic renewal on July 25, 2007 for me.
They've gotten enough of my hard earned $$$.

LJ.
2nd May 2007 03:00 PM
Nellcote Voodoo, Cohl recognized the US, isn't this Northern Latin America?
2nd May 2007 03:44 PM
tumbled rs.com sux and is rude in oh so many ways......

nepotism and immaturity and terrorism runs rampant on there
2nd May 2007 03:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Voodoo, Cohl recognized the US, isn't this Northern Latin America?

Its not just about California and Florida!
2nd May 2007 04:12 PM
Saint Sway that hideous peacock stage they showed up with in Latin America was the biggest insult ever.

who'd they rent that thing from, anyway?
2nd May 2007 04:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
that hideous peacock stage they showed up with in Latin America was the biggest insult ever.

who'd they rent that thing from, anyway?

The Philadelphia Mummers Parade...
2nd May 2007 04:32 PM
Nellcote Gazza, my kids learned Spanish in kindergarten 16 years ago.
I live closer to Canada than Mexico!
It is great, as they are my interpreters at fantastic Mexican dining establishments, and will probably be more successful than myself....
2nd May 2007 04:36 PM
pdog This is all I have to say:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
2nd May 2007 04:57 PM
killerbitch What is the reason for avoiding South America, Mexico, and
other Hispanic countries? Is Michael Cohl just plain prejudiced or just ignorant and severely brain damaged?
2nd May 2007 05:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
What is the reason for avoiding South America, Mexico, and
other Hispanic countries? Is Michael Cohl just plain prejudiced or just ignorant and severely brain damaged?

obviously they didnt like the "tent" photos from Voodoo's press conference
2nd May 2007 05:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
This is all I have to say:

this thread should now be closed in tribute. You cant seriously expect to follow that - whoever it is.
2nd May 2007 05:07 PM
pdog Vida Guerra...
2nd May 2007 05:18 PM
killerbitch From what I can gather, they feel the people in these
countries have no jobs, no money, and no way to pay for
their grossly overpriced tickets. What a horrible way to
treat their fans in those countries or any country for that
matter they feel is in that situation. Guess it is it all
in Big Stones Money Making Machine, that does greases the
wheel! You know Money Talks and Bullshit Walks.
2nd May 2007 05:51 PM
pdog
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
From what I can gather, they feel the people in these

I don't think that attitude is confined to any countries ecomic status... They treat us all the same, like shit!
2nd May 2007 06:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
From what I can gather, they feel the people in these

LOL then why they charged in Monterrey higher than NYC or Los Angeles?? Or why the prices in Mexico City were higher than Europe, Japan and Australia?
2nd May 2007 07:45 PM
killerbitch Good Question, back to the Stones Money Making Machine
again!! Go figure.
3rd May 2007 07:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

obviously they didnt like the "tent" photos from Voodoo's press conference

They were more popular than the whole Cohl clan
3rd May 2007 10:29 AM
glencar
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Yes I don't give a fuck at all... I know is Jakob Cohl and his "webmasters"

Of course I know and I was a witness of how the Stones (THE BAND) care about Latin America I saw their happy faces and the way they enjoyed the audiences in Buenos Aires (two shows), Mexico City and Monterrey and of course I saw the same when they played the "free" show in Brazil... and let me tell ya, I've seen the Stones in many states in the USA, the Stones really enjoy the latin heat!!

They care about Latin America!

What is a shame, shame, shame is that Jakob and Michael Cohl don't care because they made a lot of money in LA, in Mexico and Monterrey because of the high prices and low expenses, in Buenos Aires they compensated the cheap prices with the money of the TV and Radio broadcasts and in Rio for the TV rights to broadcast it later in the USA and Canada, and the money they are going to make when the DVD is released

The Cohls are clearly shitbags. I'm ashamed I've helped out their wallets.
3rd May 2007 10:32 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

They were more popular than the whole Cohl clan

you must post the pictures!!!

(and ck your pm)
3rd May 2007 12:15 PM
killerbitch Voodoo, I don't know anything about promotors, or rock bands or, the rock
and roll business, or anything that you know, but I have some questions that
maybe you can answer just to enlighten a poor soul who is not familiar with
the business. Don't the Rolling Stones have any say so as to where they
tour? I mean don't they tell Michael Cohl anything? If they loved the Latin
Heat and being in the places you indicated why don't they say something
about going back there? I had been under the impression the Stones controlled their business or am I wrong? Michael Cohl sounds like a dirtbag moron but
is his cloud so high in the sky that no person can even communicate with him?
Unless the shithead is on another planet I mean why aren't people banging him
on the head saying "we want another Stones show"? What does it take to
reach this douchbag anyway? The entire Stones population of South America
and anywhere else that wants a tour? Like I said I don't know what you know
so you may have to enlighten me as to how this all works. I sure hope this
creep from the Klingon Empire is not bullshitting the band or whatever he is
doing. Like I said I don't know anything but I am on your side.
3rd May 2007 03:53 PM
Gazza You are correct. The Stones arent obliged to go anywhere or do anything that they dont want to do.

Cohl might be a money grabbing shitbag who has helped rip the soul out of the greatest band in the world, but to pretend that the Stones are some naive innocents who he's managed to dupe and lead astray from the path of integrity is naive in the extreme. He is hired by them after all. Theyre both responsible. Some fans just cant accept that their heroes can treat them with utter contempt - so Cohl, whose primary function is as a businessman and not as an 'artiste' - is an easy target for any frustration.

Oh, and I still want to know whose ass that is in pdog's post above
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd May 2007 04:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Some fans just cant accept that their heroes can treat them with utter contempt - so Cohl, whose primary function is as a businessman and not as an 'artiste' - is an easy target for any frustration.

well put Gazza.

of course, as we've learned, some fans are willing to let such rude treatment slide provided they get a big "elloooo!!! Is everybody avin a good time?"... and a "we really luv being here"
3rd May 2007 05:04 PM
Carol Sigmaringa In my opinion they couldn't care less about Latin America. They love come here, have a good time, go to the beach, having kids, drink caipirinha...but when we're talking about business it's totally different.

In this area they always act like we're just not rich enough to deserve a nice stage, we can't afford every tour they make (and in part this is true), etc.

And when they come here, we have to pay a lot of money to see them. After all it's almost like they were doing us a favor. It's always been like that...it's very hard to live in a third world country!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)