ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Metropolitan Museum of Art - NYC May 7, 2007
© Daily Mail with special thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rove, Cheney to go down in flames! (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
29th April 2007 01:04 AM
sirmoonie George Walker Bush III is dumber than a vacuum cleaner on Monday.
29th April 2007 04:20 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
George Walker Bush III is dumber than a vacuum cleaner on Monday.

and it sucks everyday...
29th April 2007 05:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Former Lt. General declares Bush 'seems to have gone AWOL' RAW STORY
Published: Saturday April 28, 2007

The following, delivered as the Democrats' weekly radio address Saturday and sent out by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), was given by retired Lieutenant General William E. Odom, U.S. Army.

"Good morning, this is Lieutenant General William E. Odom, U.S. Army, retired.

"I am not now nor have I ever been a Democrat or a Republican. Thus, I do not speak for the Democratic Party. I speak for myself, as a non-partisan retired military officer who is a former Director of the National Security Agency. I do so because Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, asked me.

"In principle, I do not favor Congressional involvement in the execution of U.S. foreign and military policy. I have seen its perverse effects in many cases. The conflict in Iraq is different. Over the past couple of years, the President has let it proceed on automatic pilot, making no corrections in the face of accumulating evidence that his strategy is failing and cannot be rescued.

"Thus, he lets the United States fly further and further into trouble, squandering its influence, money, and blood, facilitating the gains of our enemies. The Congress is the only mechanism we have to fill this vacuum in command judgment.

"To put this in a simple army metaphor, the Commander-in-Chief seems to have gone AWOL, that is 'absent without leave.' He neither acts nor talks as though he is in charge. Rather, he engages in tit-for-tat games.

"Some in Congress on both sides of the aisle have responded with their own tits-for-tats. These kinds of games, however, are no longer helpful, much less amusing. They merely reflect the absence of effective leadership in a crisis. And we are in a crisis.

"Most Americans suspect that something is fundamentally wrong with the President's management of the conflict in Iraq. And they are right.

"The challenge we face today is not how to win in Iraq; it is how to recover from a strategic mistake: invading Iraq in the first place. The war could never have served American interests.

"But it has served Iran's interest by revenging Saddam Hussein's invasion of Iran in the 1980s and enhancing Iran's influence within Iraq. It has also served al Qaeda's interests, providing a much better training ground than did Afghanistan, allowing it to build its ranks far above the levels and competence that otherwise would have been possible.

"We cannot 'win' a war that serves our enemies interests and not our own. Thus continuing to pursue the illusion of victory in Iraq makes no sense. We can now see that it never did.

"A wise commander in this situation normally revises his objectives and changes his strategy, not just marginally, but radically. Nothing less today will limit the death and destruction that the invasion of Iraq has unleashed.

"No effective new strategy can be devised for the United States until it begins withdrawing its forces from Iraq. Only that step will break the paralysis that now confronts us. Withdrawal is the pre-condition for winning support from countries in Europe that have stood aside and other major powers including India, China, Japan, Russia.

"It will also shock and change attitudes in Iran, Syria, and other countries on Iraq's borders, making them far more likely to take seriously new U.S. approaches, not just to Iraq, but to restoring regional stability and heading off the spreading chaos that our war has caused.

"The bill that Congress approved this week, with bipartisan support, setting schedules for withdrawal, provides the President an opportunity to begin this kind of strategic shift, one that defines regional stability as the measure of victory, not some impossible outcome.

"I hope the President seizes this moment for a basic change in course and signs the bill the Congress has sent him. I will respect him greatly for such a rare act of courage, and so too, I suspect, will most Americans.

"This is retired General Odom. Thank you for listening."

29th April 2007 09:40 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves In Iraq the wind doesn't blow, it sucks.......
29th April 2007 09:51 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Not all of it, just the direct connection to Saddam Hussein part.

No one ever made a direct connection from 9/11 to Saddam Hussein. Taking out Saddam was about preventing ANOTHER 9/11.
29th April 2007 10:18 AM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
George Walker Bush III is dumber than a vacuum cleaner on Monday.

do you miss mr potatoe?
29th April 2007 12:10 PM
Riffhard There are a couple of things that I am absolutly sure of.

1.-If we assume a defensive posture,ala the Democrat plan,(That is their plan,right? I mean they haven't said anything except Bush sucks.) in the war on terror we are fucked for sure.

2.-Jizzbot is a fucking idiot 99.9% of the time. The other .1% he is just a common asshole.

Riffy
29th April 2007 12:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

No one ever made a direct connection from 9/11 to Saddam Hussein. Taking out Saddam was about preventing ANOTHER 9/11.

Maxy you have to remember facts are not high on liberals' agenda. Also can you help me understand the linked picture of Cheney? I mean I am racking my brain trying to sort out how he is a corrupt ex-CEO. Of course I should prolly just take my advice and remember that facts are not high on the typical liberal's agenda.

Riffy
29th April 2007 01:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Of course I should prolly just take my advice and remember that facts are not high on the typical liberal's agenda.
Riffy

Facts?
1. WMD
2. Yellow cake
3. Prague meeting
4. Greeted as liberators
5. Pat Tillman
6. Jessica Lynch
7. No-bid Halliburton
8. It's not about oil . . . really!
9. Heckuva job
10. Mission Accomplished
29th April 2007 01:54 PM
Chuck
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!! Gee Chucky thanks so much for proving my point! You link these articles from some radical leftist sites that once again try and make a comparison to Bush's Admin and Hitler. Oh hum...same ol' shit from the lefty freaks!

LOL! How far to the right does one have to be to think Paul Craig Roberts, a paleocon Reaganite, is a 'lefty freak'?

All the way in Brownshirt la-la land, that's how far.

[Edited by Chuck]
29th April 2007 02:03 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Facts?
1. WMD-As believed by every intelligence agency worldwide,and according to Bill Clinton as well.

2. Yellow cake-The UK still stands by that story to this day and there was much truth to it. Only the lying of Joe Wilson has distroted the truth of that deal that Saddam was trying to put together.

3. Prague meeting-Not sure what you're driving at here.

4. Greeted as liberators-In many instances we have been. It is the meddleling of Iran and their prioxies in al Queada that is fommenting the vast majority of violence we see today.

5. Pat Tillman-A tragedy to be sure. Mistakes happen in war but the military should never have covered it up.

6. Jessica Lynch-What about her? So she was not the hero that she was portrayed as. Big deal. She still supports the mission.

7. No-bid Halliburton-Same goes for their work in Bosnia. Big deal! They do their job better than any other competeing company. Bush stipulated that they may make a profit margin of 3%. Bill Clinton granted them a 7% profit margin in Bosnia.

8. It's not about oil . . . really!-Well I know that we did not go into Iraq strictly for oil,but even if we did who cares? The oil is there and is very profitble. The Dems want to give that oil and the money it will sell for to Iran and terror groups worldwide! Great plan guys!

9. Heckuva job-Are we talking about FEMA here? If so then most of the blame for the Katrina debacle can be laid directly at the feet of an incompetent mayor! Sure the federal goverment dropped the ball too,but to lay that entire blame on Bush is more than a little disingenuous and reeks of partisanship more than anything else. Nagin's the idiot that allowed these buses to sit unused in the wake of Katrina! He had a full week to plan for the hurricane yet the buses sat and were flooded! Useless. Brilliant! A democrat.

10. Mission Accomplished-This was refering to the overthrow of Saddam's regime. It was not Bush's idea to have that banner either. It was ordered by then commanding general Tommy Franks.

Riffy
29th April 2007 02:13 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Chuck wrote:

LOL! How far to the right does one have to be to think Paul Craig Roberts, a paleocon Reaganite, is a 'lefty freak'?

All the way in Brownshirt la-la land, that's how far.

[Edited by Chuck]

The site that you pulled that hit piece from is as radically left as can be! They are hawking a book on that site called The Case Against Israel. Case rested.

Yeah sure that guy was a conservative,but those days are gone. Is Zell Miller still a liberal in your eyes?!

Let's just raise the white flag and hand Iraq over to Iran! Great fucking plan! I mean Achmawhatshisfuck denies the holocaust ever happened so he would fit right into the liberals distain for Israel. Clueless politically motivated assholes in today's Democrat party. Plain and simple. Offer zero plan just blame Bush. I am shocked that otherwise inteligent people can not see the sheer stupidity of leaving Iraq so soon. Shortsighted to say the very least.

Riffy
29th April 2007 06:01 PM
Chuck
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

The site that you pulled that hit piece from is as radically left as can be! They are hawking a book on that site called The Case Against Israel. Case rested.

Yeah sure that guy was a conservative,but those days are gone.

Dismissing him as a leftist because his writings show up on a leftist website is JUST the sort of knee-jerk, reactionary, response I'd expect from a drooling, subservient, brownshirt.

Roberts still admires Reagan and his policies. His writings even show up at the right-libertarian, anti-war website antiwar.com

But Rifftard doesn't care. He's perfectly happy dismissing the content of the article on the flimsiest of charges---'leftism' by association---in order to show moral and ideological fealty to the neocons who hijacked his party.

Pretty weak, arrogant stuff if you ask me---I think he has a severe case of authoritarian personality disorder.

John Dean, former white house counsel to Nixon, has something to say about APD here (links to video):

http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/07/11/john-dean-on-countdown-conservatives-without-conscience/

[Edited by Chuck]
[Edited by Chuck]
[Edited by Chuck]
30th April 2007 11:10 AM
lotsajizz 'Rifftard'?

I like it; very clever.....it's a fine line you know....
30th April 2007 11:40 AM
MrPleasant
30th April 2007 12:37 PM
Saint Sway Cheney Celebrates Earth Day By Breathing Oxygen

WASHINGTON, DC—At a special Earth Day event Sunday, Vice President Dick
Cheney inhaled his first-ever breath of oxygen.

"I am…proud to stand before you today and…breathe in the same gas used
by…millions of Americans," said a wheezing and gasping Cheney, whose body is
accustomed to compounds of chlorine and sulfur dioxide. "One breath,
however, is enough for me. I'm glad the stuff will be out of the atmosphere
forever in a few decades."

Cheney then left the press conference to attend a cardiac health awareness
dinner, where he feasted on human hearts.
30th April 2007 01:12 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Gayest youtube clip of all time.
30th April 2007 02:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Gayest youtube clip of all time.

gay....
30th April 2007 02:55 PM
BONOISLOVE Best youtube clip of all time??

30th April 2007 03:00 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
Best youtube clip of all time??

LOL! Man that was great. Hypnotic!

George W. Bush is greater than even I imagined!

30th April 2007 03:05 PM
BONOISLOVE

Hypnotic!
30th April 2007 03:07 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

LOL! Man that was great. Hypnotic!

George W. Bush is greater than even I imagined!

He really tears it up on his version of Brown Sugar...
30th April 2007 03:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

They better be drunk. Anyone who would act like that sober needs some serious help.
30th April 2007 04:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

He really tears it up on his version of Brown Sugar...

condi?
30th April 2007 05:01 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

condi?

I'm not judging, I'm just posting...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
1st May 2007 09:35 AM
Joey

Maxy: " I do not know dear Lord ... I just do not know --- The Joey seems to be right about everything concerning the fiasco in Iraq -- He warned me time and time again that we were heading into a ' Sea of Devestation ' ... but I did not listen ..... Why did not I listen to the Joey ?! .. WHY ?! ...... I just do not know anymore ..... I just do not know ..........
Right Scraps?! .... Help me out here !!!!! "

Scraps : " You Can Act Like a MAN , you twit !!!! .. Whoof !!!!!!! "

**** Scraps gets up and ' bitch slaps ' the MaxLugar with his right paw . " ********

{ Tremendous Applause + Laughter + Standing Ovation }

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
1st May 2007 09:57 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
Al Qaeda has declared that Iraq is their most important front against the West. I say TIME TO RUN!!! LET'S GIVE UP!!!! LET'S GET OUT OF THERE!!!

J' Girl?
1st May 2007 10:38 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

" The art of Guerrilla Warfare is not to win but to NOT LOSE " ( Sun Tzu , 1567 : 8:15 AM , CST ) ....and that is EXACTLY what is Happening there in IRAQ .

YES !!!!!! ..... YES !!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... Finally ---- Dear Lord --- YES !!!!!!!!

Now Come over here ................................

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st May 2007 10:47 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
The art of Guerrilla Warfare is not to win but to NOT LOSE! At least, it works on us weak-kneed dems! LET'S GET OUT OF THERE! Al Qaeda will be cool about it....

1st May 2007 10:55 AM
BONOISLOVE
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)