ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Metropolitan Museum of Art - NYC May 7, 2007
© Daily Mail with special thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New White Stripes Album - June 19th (NSC) Return to archive
21st April 2007 10:52 AM
_Boomy_ "Icky Thump" comes out on June 19th (USA). The single (which will be "Icky Thump") will be released around the beginning of May, I believe.

I can't wait. "Get Behind Me Satan" was not a disappointment, but I hope this one has a little more balls to it.

Cover Art:

Track-by-track review from NME:

http://www.nme.com/news/the-white-stripes/27768

Let's Have a Ball and a Biscuit, shugah!
21st April 2007 01:41 PM
ExileIzzy Great cover art, looking forward to the album
21st April 2007 01:43 PM
fireontheplatter i have a crush on the drummer girl.
the cause a lot of raquet for just 2 people.
21st April 2007 01:53 PM
IanBillen
Todays, and my favorite best newer band/duo.

Can't wait

Ian
21st April 2007 03:16 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Todays, and my favorite best newer band/duo.

Can't wait

Ian

The stripes are good, but the black keys have got them beat easily.
21st April 2007 09:35 PM
IanBillen
To cover The White Stripes last two studio albums:

Elephant is quite possibly the best Rock album I have heard in over five years.

It is one of my favorite rock albums of all time. A classic if there is to be a Rock album classic in todays era.

Get Behind Me Satan was a good album. Quite different in comparison to Elephant. A folky - blues based - new age rock mix that is pretty solid for the most part and comes in as a worthy mention for possible rock album of the year 2005. As said here earlier, not as powerful as Elephant but certainly nothing of a dissappointment at all. My second choice under A Bigger Bang for Rock album of the year 2005. It holds it's own nicely.

Now we have this: we will see.

Ian
21st April 2007 10:28 PM
corgi37 Ahh, their time is over. This will be the last one, and it will sell badly. No one cares anymore.
23rd April 2007 03:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge How strange

They are wearing "pearly kings and queens of London" costumes.

Very chas and dave!
23rd April 2007 04:06 AM
Zack The title is a reference to Meg's drumming. I'm especially alarmed her new wardrobe does not involve a tight t-shirt, which of course mitigated the drumming issues.
23rd April 2007 04:09 AM
pdog
quote:
Zack wrote:
The title is a reference to Meg's drumming. I'm especially alarmed her new wardrobe does not involve a tight t-shirt, which of course mitigated the drumming issues.

Brilliant! and true...
23rd April 2007 10:45 AM
Saint Sway any word if Mick sings on the record?

he's been spotted a lot hanging out with Jack White. Was curious if they were working together?

heres a pic of Mick and Jack White outside the Beacon

23rd April 2007 11:55 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he's been spotted a lot hanging out with Jack White.

Damn, Sway, I thought you were serious, and got excited.
23rd April 2007 11:55 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he's been spotted a lot hanging out with Jack White.

Damn, Sway, I thought you were serious, and got excited.
27th April 2007 07:12 PM
_Boomy_ Has anyone else heard the new song? I've heard a sample of it, and it's up at iTunes.

It's different.
27th April 2007 08:20 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Has anyone else heard the new song? I've heard a sample of it, and it's up at iTunes.

It's different.

It sure is. It sounds more arena-like and less lo-fi. It ain't bad, though. My favorite album of theirs is still their self-titled debut. Anyone like their cover of "stop breaking down?" It's smokin'.
28th April 2007 01:01 AM
ExileIzzy Icky Thump

28th April 2007 01:45 AM
MikeyC613 They should re-record that one into a song. I'll take Hotel Yorba
28th April 2007 01:52 AM
pdog Awesome white stripes song... My only complaint is, i want more Raconteurs
28th April 2007 03:04 AM
ExileIzzy Can't wait for the album
28th April 2007 06:50 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:
Awesome white stripes song... My only complaint is, i want more Raconteurs

I like the song, too.

PDOG, I read that the Raconteurs are working on new material before the White Stripes go on tour. It looks like you will get more, but just have wait!
28th April 2007 09:33 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:
Awesome white stripes song... My only complaint is, i want more Raconteurs

The Raconteurs album was so boring except for "steady as she goes" imo. They kick it live, though.
28th April 2007 10:16 AM
M.O.W.A.T. The Stones should dump Don Was and use Jack White as their new producer on their next album.
28th April 2007 02:36 PM
ExileIzzy
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
The Stones should dump Don Was and use Jack White as their new producer on their next album.

Or Jack Frost, that would be cool
29th April 2007 08:58 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

The Raconteurs album was so boring except for "steady as she goes" imo. They kick it live, though.

worst song on that album
29th April 2007 04:00 PM
jostorm They are playing June 15th at the Wireless Festival in the North of England, near where I live, and I'm going with hubby, daughter and her friend. It takes place in Lord Harewood's estate (very posh, old aristocrats, he's one of the Queen's cousins! His money was made on Caribbean slaves working on his sugar estates, by the way...). Beautiful big house , amazing gardens with artificial lake designed by the great Capability Brown, and an absolutely beautiful bird collection...
Saw The Who and the Zutons there last year, and the most mind boggling thing was that if you looked up to the sky during the concert, there were all these wild red kites flying around above your head (as in the bird of prey, not the paper contraption held by a string).

Anyway, I can't wait!!! Really hope the new album isn't disappointing, but I doubt it....They have a lot more great music in them , I'm sure...

For those who haven't had the privilege: the White Stripes are absolutely amazing live. He's a genius, and they have the most incredible connection between them, it is a lot of fun, in my opinion much more fun than the Raconteurs live(unless you can shove chewing gum into someone's hair, of course...), and yes, they make an absolute racket of noise, for the fact that they are only two people, it needs to be seen to be believed....

This is going to be an amazing summer ...
4th May 2007 04:25 PM
ExileIzzy Friday, May 04, 2007
White Stripes frontman seeks adventure in Canada
White Stripes frontman Jack White told Canada's Jam! Music that the band's upcoming tour of the Great White North, which will hit all 10 of the country's provinces, is based on his "childhood fantasies" about adventures in its vast wilderness. White explained, "As a kid, I saw some cowboy TV shows where they talked about the Yukon a lot, and the Alaskan-Yukon border. Sometimes there'd be like a bank robber or some kind of a cowboy outlaw that kind of went across the border to the Yukon side of it, and these cowboys or Lone Ranger types couldn't get to them quick enough or something...That was always exotic to me."

White also has ancestral roots in Canada. His father's family comes from Nova Scotia and White claims he still has relatives there. The Stripes will play their 10th anniversary show in the province on July 14th.

The 18-city Canadian trek will begin on June 24th in Burnaby, British Columbia and end on July 16th in Newfoundland. The Stripes will hit the U.S. after that, hitting the 16 states they haven't been to yet.

The new White Stripes album, Icky Thump, comes out on June 19th. White said that the title is derived from "ecky thump," a phrase from Northern England that White heard his wife Karen Elson use.

White is currently recording the second album from his other band, the Raconteurs.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)