ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Billy Preston on a Jet song Return to archive
05-02-03 07:32 AM
fmk438j Jet (aussie support band 2003) apparently had Billy play on their song Rollover DJ which will appear on their debut UK EP (Dirty Sweet) to be released very soon.

The tracklist is identical to our release, but I'm confused as to whether it is an updated version of ours, as I can't remember hearing/seeing anything about him appearing on the version which is on the AUS. release.

05-02-03 07:49 AM
Zeeta Cool, that should be good seeing as they have NOTHING released over hear as yet...Billy is a legend!
05-02-03 08:07 AM
fmk438j I cut this from a message board, so I have no idea of the source.......

Melbourne's own Jet have scored the session work of Billy Preston on three songs from their forthcoming album.
Preston is the only person ever to share a performing credit on a Beatles song. Their classic 1969 hit 'Get Back' was credited to The Beatles with Billy Preston. He will appear on 'Come Round Again', 'Look What You've Done' and 'Rollover DJ' on the upcoming Jet debut.

Meanwhile new music is ready to roll and will be out next month but at this stage only in the UK. Jet will release their first UK EP on May 12th. Titled 'Dirty Sweet' the tracklisting is 'Take It Or Leave It', 'Cold Hard Bitch', 'Move On' and one with Preston 'Rollover DJ'. It will be available on 12" vinyl only and will be deleted on the day of release.

Although signed to Elektra Records out of New York, England will be the main focus initially for the band, with their label hoping to emulate the success of previous acts The Vines, The Datsuns and The D4.

The band played at Spacelands in LA on Thursday night. Beck and River Cuomo were spotted in the audience.

Jet dates in the UK are:

Wed 4th June Oxford Zodiac
Thurs 5th June Birmingham Academy 2
Fri 6th June Liverpool Stanley Theatre
Sat 7th June Sheffield Leadmill (club night)
Mon 9th June Glasgow King Tuts
Tues 10th June Manchester Roadhouse
Wed 11th June Leeds **!&pit
Thurs 12th June London ULU

05-02-03 08:17 AM
Zeeta Nice one FMK...I will catch them at at least one of these shows!
LOL, the Cock part of The COCKPIT in leeds has been edited!!

I wonder if it will edit it this time!

05-02-03 08:25 AM
fmk438j Oh, that edit was because it was originally posted on one of emimusic's message boards. They also edit out fuck and other stuff.

You are not really allowed to talk boots on those boards either...rather lame.

Fuck, dick, pussy cock wee wee, brussels affair, Leeds Lungs..etc. Ahh the freedom we enjoy here at rocksoff!!!

05-02-03 08:29 AM
Zeeta HAHAHA!!

COCKYBOLLOCKS!!!!

this is fun!

EMI = not cool!
05-02-03 10:01 AM
L&A
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

Fuck, dick, pussy cock wee wee, brussels affair, Leeds Lungs..etc. Ahh the freedom we enjoy here at rocksoff!!!

Btw, Billy Preston was really great on Clapton's 2001 live.
05-02-03 10:53 AM
gypsymofo60 Hey Fmk! seems like only yesterday you were sitting in Y&J's sipping on a pot(schooner), (mini pint)saying, "I have no interest in any other band". And I remarked that The Stones had opened my mind to a host of other great musicians over the course of time. Seems they have inadvertently done the same for you with 'JET'. I hope the boys from Dingley do good things in The UK, I really do, but I fear the competition is hotting up in The Old Country. Finally the punters,(sorry! I know you hate that expression),are abandoning the prissy, pre-pubesant, manufactured bollocks of recent years in favour of some real rock, hallelluja!!!!!!!!!I have prayed for a world devoid of Brittney, S-Club bollocks and the rest of that shite heap. Unfortunately that I'm afraid maybe just the recipie to nullify 'JET's' impact internationally. And the fact that they are strangely unknown in their native land means they will have nothing to fall back on. I feel they should have built up a home grown support base before tackling the international arena. But then again, what would I know? Hell! they might just pull it off, and anyway, I'm glad to see you have a home grown band to follow now along with your beloved Stones. So here's to Jet. At least a real slice, of real ROCK N' ROLL. And to 'The Music'- that's the best new record I've heard in a long time. Like The Verve overdosing on adrenalin......yeah!!!!!!! Stay strong Dan! Thinking of ya!
05-02-03 06:31 PM
fmk438j Yeah, I'm not even sure if I like them all that much. I find their EP very timid, but liked them live, so I don't know if they are a stayer. Mostly everything is steamrolled by the stones.

If you look closely I am in their film clip for "Take It Or Leave It". For about one one-thousandth of a second I appear in a shot taken at the Hi Fi Bar on the 26th of Feb this year (geekily bopping in a white T-shirt, actually a stones bootleg one I got when crossing the bridge the night before).

I don't have problem with you saying punter, because for you it's genuine.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003