ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I implore you... Return to archive
05-02-03 02:40 AM
Child of the Moon Folks, if you have time tonight, PLEASE spin Beggars Banquet once or twice for me. Please do it as a favor to me. Savor every single friggin' moment of it. If at all possible, play the LP rather than the CD. And if you can play it on the smallest possible speaker (ie mono), that'd be fantastic. You'll be able to appreciate it more.

This album is such a time trip, but it's also so timeless. These songs could've been recorded in 1968 or 1998. Some even could be from 1868 or 1928. And they all still hold up. I'm sure if a band today tried real hard, they could even do it today.

But then again, I'm sure the Stones didn't even try hard at all to make Beggars Banquet. Everything is just so effortless on this record, so... right. It all falls into place, track after track.

Again, I implore you, play this record. You won't be sorry.

05-03-03 12:14 AM
J.J.Flash Don't worry Child!!! You are right!! Indeed, I like your POSTS..... I can't forget your explanation about Midnight Rambler... your essay..... You wrote about the Let it Bleed album..... Thanks master!
05-03-03 12:25 AM
Fiji Joe What a coincidence Child...I was gonna post the exact same thing about Dirty Work
05-03-03 10:04 AM
stewed & Keefed YOU ARE SO RIGHT CHILD.
IT'S THE BEST ALBUM EVER MADE.
05-03-03 03:27 PM
Child of the Moon Fiji, I would have posted about Dirty Work, too, but I was afraid of the resounding "boo" that would've filled the board. And that would have made me very sad.

Beggars was just a safer choice. And I really meant it, too. To those who listened to it, thanks. To those who haven't yet, please do. Just pour yourself a glass or two of your favorite alcoholic beverage, and sit, sip, and salivate.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003