ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tim Ries plays the Stones last night Return to archive
05-01-03 11:48 AM
lonecrapshooter Tim Ries- The Stones Project, Music of the Rolling Stones
At the Jazz Standard in NYC, two shows.

I was there for both shows. It was really fantastic. Blue Smoke and The Jazz Standard had been on my list of to-dos for some time. The restaurant is run by Danny Meyer (Union Square Cafe and many other stellar restaurants). There was a big audience for both shows and very enthusiastic applause especially during the second show. Tim is a class act and was very grateful for the gig he's had. He's been working on the album and has nine songs done so far. He told me HIS band will be doing more shows in the fall. I did not ask him about the Stones.

Anyway, the first show was Satisfaction, Paint It Black, As Tears Go By, Honky Talk Woman (awesome), Slipping Away, Street Fighting Man

Second show was Gimme Shelter (awesome), You Can't Always Get What You Want, Angie, Wild Horses (awesome), Moonlight Mile (double awesome), Satisfaction.

I taped the second show (superb quality) and can offer copies to those who want it once I get it converted to cd. If you like jazz you will love this. You really have to take your hat of to Tim. I can't wait to see his band again in the fall. Also, he said they will be playing Detroit so check it out if you live there.

Tim Ries (saxophones), Bill Charlap (piano), Ben Monder (guitar), James Genus (bass), Clarence Penn (drums)

Saxophonist Tim Ries takes a break from touring with the "World's Greatest Rock `n' Roll Band," The Rolling Stones, for this special one night show. Ries has assembled an all-star band featuring pianist Bill Charlap, guitarist Ben Monder and drummer Clarence Penn to perform the music of the Stones.
05-01-03 02:53 PM
Martha I am interested in getting a copy thanks for offering! ...want to swap for the Bob Dylan show I went to last night in Louisville(as long as it is a good recording, which I'll know is a day or so)? If that won't work I have other goodies to trade. PM me!
05-01-03 03:39 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
...want to swap for the Bob Dylan show I went to last night in Louisville

Martha, PLEASE do tell us a bit more about the Dylan show! (Or if you did and I missed it, where is it?) Interesting that he's gone over to playing piano all the time, or almost all. You got to hear one song I pray for every Dylan show - Blind Willie McTell - and the whole list looked good. So what are your thoughts?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003