ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wonderful header Keith pic ! Return to archive
05-01-03 11:45 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff That's a very rare pic!
I never seen this photo!
� Is the Vox guit of Brian?
� What song did played ?
*Route 66 ?
*Oh Baby [we gotta a good thing going] ?
*Oh Carol?
* a boogie with Stu?
Who knows, but I wish was there.
05-01-03 01:07 PM
Martha I love the header shot too 9thanks Voodoo). Looks like Keith has been wearing those bright colors for a long, long time!

<--------I look damn good there don't I Martha?! crackle cackle.....hahahahaha!
05-01-03 07:58 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
� Is the Vox guit of Brian?

One would certainly think so. I don't know of any Stones song with an electric 12-string in it (and although the body style of this beauty is the Vox trademark "teardrop" style that Brian made famous, it is a 12-string - I think probably a Vox Phantom XII - with a bigsby-style whammy bar, no less!)

It seems like all of the Stones had or have a LOT of guitars they never play out. In the Cleveland Hard Rock Cafe there is a green sunburst Vox that Keith autographed. I heard a very interesting story that, before the last tour, Woody purchased two Vox guitars which had belonged to Brian - a 12-string and a NINE string - and Keith wouldn't let him play them! (instead Woody ended up with a cool electric sitar and a Dan Armstrong see-thru, which are perhaps even cooler)The 12-string in this great header pic COULD be that same 12-string.
05-01-03 10:01 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

One would certainly think so. I don't know of any Stones song with an electric 12-string in it [...]

FPM, fella, you are correct. I never knew anything about any song in the 60's with the guys using a 12-string..... But, after that, a great song I'm almost sure is played with acoustic 12-string is "The Worst". Am I right or am I wrong?
Cheers!

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
05-01-03 10:36 PM
beer That pic is from the TV show Ready Steady Go, July 1964. I've got other pictures from that same show where Keith is playing a 12 string acoustic. Keith also played his hollow body electric Epiphone. Brian played that 12 string Vox and his white Gretsch.
05-01-03 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Keith also used a 12-string guitar on the 1970 European tour, see a pic on the new Bill Wyman's book
05-01-03 11:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Peter Francis 1964
05-01-03 11:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think also the original version of Wild Horses for the Sticky Fingers album is played on a 12-string guitar, but I'm not sure

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003