ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blender... Return to archive
04-30-03 10:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot ...has a running article about the best rock songs ever recorded. This months song is Tumbling Dice. Not much new for us hardcore devotees...but still nice to see some props given to our boys.

It's in the issue with the White Stripes on the cover.
05-01-03 03:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

It's in the issue with the White Stripes on the cover.

The White Stripes are EVERYWHERE these days. Thank gawd fer that, since I don't suffer from that "if anyone else has heard of them they're no good" syndrome. I totally missed them until Elephant, and since then haven't heard anything by them I didn't like.

I got the new Interview, which also has them on the cover - interviewed by my favorite director (who's not dead) Jim Jarmusch. It says that Jim directed a short film called "Jack Shows Meg His Tesla Coil" but that MIGHT be a joke.

Their performance on Friday of their run on Conan ("Goin' Back To Memphis" which ended up being "John The Revelator") was the LIVEST live music I've seen on TV for 10 years or so. They're the perfect synthesis of everything I love - punk, a serious understanding of the blues and Harry Smith-type folk songs, and the cheeziest of pawn shop guitars, all boiled down and mainlined. With hairdos by Loretta Lynn and Neil Young!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003