ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hawaii header pic Return to archive
04-30-03 10:45 PM
stoneslib The very nice Annie header shot is actually from the final Hawaii show, January 22, 1973, 2nd (10 pm) show.

The red waist sash on Jagger and the blue-stripe jockey shirt on Keith are markers for the Honolulu finale.

H
04-30-03 11:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I scanned the image from Rollling Stone 129, March 1, 1973. Since the article makes a reference to the lyrics Mick sang the first day (January 21) and the review focuses more on the first show I put that as the date, but you're the expert!

Check why I say Harold (Stoneslib) is the expert, this is another research by him, just for the three shows in Hawaii

http://stoneslib3.homestead.com/files/hawaii73.html

Now it's time to smoke some Maui-Waui and listen some Stones in Hawaii
04-30-03 11:29 PM
stoneslib You are very kind, Gerardo. Only quite recently did I figure out the Hawaii photo placements, when some new descriptive concert reviews came into my possession.

The "Sunbums" review I recently placed online has spot-on descriptions of the header pic-matching Jagger and Richards outfits at the Hawaii closer on Monday night.

One can see pics from all three Hawaii shows in the tour program (photos by Richard Upper).
05-01-03 12:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header, by Annie Leibovitz:

This is the second time we use that header, not by mistake
05-01-03 06:22 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

This is the second time we use that header, not by mistake

oh yeah - make no mistake that's no mistake!!

it's a brilliant shot - the colours and the angles - the pose - the light!!

thanks voodoochile

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003