ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Rehearsals? Return to archive
04-30-03 08:04 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy When is they?

Where is they?

I just gots to know, as they say.

In general, how many songs do they change for the European tours? Do you think we'll get a more "old-time" oriented set, or a more recent one, considering how well the Stones's albums tend to do overseas?

-tSYX --- Well, I wanna be your lover, baby, I don't wanna be your boss....
04-30-03 08:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think rehersals begin at the start of June in Munich. To be honest, i very much doubt the setlists will change much. I think its fair to presume we will get a few new suprises in the theatre setlists, but nothing much for the arena and stadium shows.

Im not too sure i understand your point about Sales. As far as chart positions go, all the stones albums have charted fairly well everywhere.

Your best bet, is to check the IORR tour reviews from the B2B and No Security tours.

Alex
04-30-03 09:25 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah, I'll head over there.

About sales - it seems recently the Stones have undergone a reversal in fortune in terms of who buys their albums - it used to be the Big Three would do infinitely better in the US than anywhere else, always charting higher and so forth, but nowadays it seems the Stones have their biggest markets in Europe and South America.

Well, not biggest, but probably most vocal fanbase. Us over here in the States, we do outbuy most of our neighbors in terms of copies of albums, but the Stones just didn't seem to have that same spark that a summer tour of Europe will bring.

I think it's one of those '75-nostalgia things again... we don't have General Admission standing room anymore, we don't have anything fun like that. No more festivals, no more reckless nights or what have you. At least you guys still have general admission.

That's not to say the US fans are somehow 'less' than the European fans... we're all quite equally united worldwide in our Stonsean love! But this tour, despite being incredibly better than most of the stuff I've heard from the two previous tours, didn't have that "The Stones Are Coming!" feel that it seems you'd get from the days of yore.

Although, if I had to choose between the performances they've been giving (*especially* in the theatre shows) and that kind of wild abandon and anticipation... I'd chose the shows over the feeling, hands down.

I think, sooner or later, if not this album but the next, the Stones just might go out on their own, now that Ronnie's gotten himself a bit cleaner and the boys seem to be getting their groove back. That'd have heads turning all over. It's a nice dream, but I dunno.

Here's hoping you Europeans have a kickass tour!

-tSYX --- Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door...
04-30-03 10:39 AM
T&A Regarding standing room in the US - there were great GA tickets for the outdoor shows that put you right in front of the b-stage. Saw them point-blank, front and center for 90 bucks at PacBell - and, yeah, it was great, having that 'old-time' feel to it - reminded me of '81.
04-30-03 01:04 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I think rehersals begin at the start of June in Munich. To be honest, i very much doubt the setlists will change much. I think its fair to presume we will get a few new suprises in the theatre setlists, but nothing much for the arena and stadium shows.

Hmmm, after 2 months off? I think they may want to rehearse a few days more, and I think they'll want to do that in Amsterdam (wishful thinking ).

I think you're right about the setlists though.
04-30-03 10:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I dunno... Munich or Paris, I think they'd rehearse at. Wishful thinking indeed on Amsterdam!

(Although I'd love to go back...)

Damn.

-tSYX --- Please don't say we're through... have mercy!
05-01-03 05:58 AM
JaggerLips They can rehearse in my 2 acre field if they like, I WISH!
Would love them to do Too Much Blood and Tie Me Up(The Pains of Love) Don't think the neighbours would aprove such lyrics;-)

They could all stay in my house if they liked too, Mick can have my room.......;-) sigh, must put an end to this before I confess all;-)
05-01-03 09:25 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I dunno... Munich or Paris, I think they'd rehearse at. Wishful thinking indeed on Amsterdam!

They reahearsed in Amsterdam for more than a week after the No Sec. tour (for the June '99 European leg of B2B), and the first show was in Stuttgart, Germany. They rehearsed here too in '95, before the 2 unannounced Paradiso shows, while first official VL show was in Stockholm. So it may as well be possible...but, we'll have to wait and see won't we . Only 33 days before I see them in Munich, I will survive anyhow, with or without hearing rehearsals. I think, lol.
[Edited by Angiegirl]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003