ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saint George's Church, Hanover Square, London - January, 1964
Terry Disney
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If Stones did like Madonna? Return to archive
04-27-03 05:17 PM
vampire If the Stones had made what Madonna did, what would you think of them?

I mean, I find stupid and humiliating for herself
that "what fuck you think you�re doing - in the mp3 servers and all those fake files made by her record company. They�re really desperate. huh?

I was planning to buy the new Madonna album, but now I don't. In fact, I got all songs this afternoon through Kazaa - and besides, the album ain�t that good.
Fuck Madonna. I just wasted a blank!

04-27-03 05:20 PM
Moonisup stones = stones
04-27-03 06:04 PM
Gazza >If the Stones had made what Madonna did, what would you think of them?

Personally,I dont begrudge anyone their fortune that theyve acquired due to hard work and talent or whatever legitimate means they've achieved it. She's made her money because of good business sense and because enough people buy her records and have done for over 20 years..simple enough reason and good luck to her. Same applies to the Stones. My only gripe regarding their wealth is why they need to gouge their fans in order to make money that they'll never spend should they live to be a thousand years old. Seems a criminal waste.

>I mean, I find stupid and humiliating for herself
that "what fuck you think you�re doing - in the mp3 servers and all those fake files made by her record company. They�re really desperate. huh?

I don't agree. Actually I thought what she did was quite funny. Any creative artist has the right to protect their work that they've spent time and money in creating and thats what this is. Of course she doesn't need the money but thats not the point. It's her "art" and someone taking it and putting it online for downloading before it's release is theft, pure and simple.

If you follow that logic,then you could argue that any wealthy performer should be GIVING their work away for nothing. Her last album "Music" was available on the internet several weeks before IT was released as well (someone downloaded and burned a copy for me about 5 weeks before it was in the shops)so you can hardly blame her getting pissy about it!

>I was planning to buy the new Madonna album, but now I don't. In fact, I got all songs this afternoon through Kazaa - and besides, the album ain�t that good.
Fuck Madonna. I just wasted a blank!

thanks for the tip. She'll never top "Ray of Light" anyway!
04-27-03 07:36 PM
vampire Good points, wise words.
I just find they should hide a little the business aspects and let us think is all about fun.

04-27-03 08:04 PM
Scot Rocks I can't stand Madonna!!!
04-27-03 10:23 PM
J.J.Flash Well, I hope that this answer, the true answer would be a biiiiiiiiig and resonant NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sorry, I think I broke the limits of resonant "No" ...........
"I know, It's Only Rock'n'Roll but I like it, like it, yes I do......"
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
04-28-03 11:29 AM
vampire
quote:
Gazza wrote:
(...)thanks for the tip. She'll never top "Ray of Light" anyway!

Probably you are only being ironic, I don't know, but I like of many musics of Madonna. Justify My Love, written by Lenny Kravitz (I guess) it�s one of them. And many others...

04-28-03 12:14 PM
steel driving hammer I can't stand Madonna, Bono and Aerosmith.

Seriously, when I hear them, I get in a bad mood.

04-28-03 12:42 PM
Gazza >Probably you are only being ironic, I don't know, but I like of many musics of Madonna. Justify My Love, written by Lenny Kravitz (I guess) it�s one of them. And many others...

nope,I'm dead serious! "Ray of light"'s a fine album. I like a lot of her later stuff, that CD especially
04-28-03 12:58 PM
Factory Girl The Stones should make a "Sex" book, like Madonna did. Anyone remember that book?? It was a hoot.
04-28-03 01:09 PM
steel driving hammer Mick was the poor bastard who "Discovered" 'Mad'onna in the 80's in Detroit.

04-28-03 01:10 PM
jb Legend has it that Mick gave her the little jagger way back when....
04-28-03 01:13 PM
steel driving hammer Yep, just like a wet monkey dick...LOL!
04-28-03 01:20 PM
jb As much as I despise her, I would give her a rim job upon request.
04-28-03 01:29 PM
steel driving hammer Yup, but I'd put her in a pony tail and grab it while I do her from the back.

Thing I really hate about her is she still thinks she's a virgin.

When in fact, she's just another slut.

04-28-03 01:36 PM
Joey " I can't stand Madonna, Bono and Aerosmith.

Seriously, when I hear them, I get in a bad mood. "

Steelie , now I know why I love you so much !

Word Up , G !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOESKEE !

04-28-03 01:50 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I can't stand Madonna, Bono and Aerosmith.

Seriously, when I hear them, I get in a bad mood. "

Steelie , now I know why I love you so much !

Word Up , G !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOESKEE !

Word.

04-28-03 01:55 PM
Joey Steelie ...........................Same Ole' G !

Word to your Mother !

04-28-03 02:09 PM
vampire I think you guys don't like Madonna as you don't like Neneh Cherry, Morcheeba, Massive Attack...
04-28-03 02:49 PM
vampire
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
The Stones should make a "Sex" book, like Madonna did. Anyone remember that book?? It was a hoot.

Yeaaassss, that's a great idea. Now we just need Mick approval. I'd buy a book like that Sex.

I like Madonna e Naomi Campbell french kissing. Slurp.!

04-28-03 03:55 PM
Factory Girl Yes, the book could have a spread of Mick doing Naomi C. and vice versa...lol.
04-28-03 05:24 PM
KeepRigid If the Stones did something like that, someone would collect all of the files and tree them. Not to mention all of the new, profanity-laced signatures we'd see.
04-28-03 05:35 PM
Mr T Madonna sucks. I hope everybody who wants to listen to her crap choices the more economic means of doing so. If the Stones had the same stance on this - I'd do the same, only I'd probably enjoy the music a hell of a lot more. I wouldn't hold it against them as musicians, and I could care less about their personal politics. This anti-downloading thing is so dumb. Downloading should be encouraged - the only people against it are the ones who make shit music in the first place, then get angry when nobody buys it once they've heard it - they'd rather everyone formed their opinions after they've paid. Most people I know will continue to buy good music, provided its within their means of spending. the overpricing of CD's is just one more reason it should be legal to share files
04-28-03 07:37 PM
vampire Amen!
05-02-03 07:19 PM
vampire Just one more little comment:

I went this afternon to a record store to see the new Madonna album price: 40,00 reais. Do you know how much is it? To have an idea, Forty Licks costs 44,00.

So, I think I will continue downloading music from the Internet and...paying almost nothing!

Whathafuck I think I�m doing, Madonna?
Taking care of my money, bitch!

[Edited by vampire]
05-02-03 08:34 PM
woodywoodpecker Vampire if you intend on (pulling a soulie) 20 posts a day, talk about something worth while or someone decent! If you are going to talk female Vocalists try Patti Smith (She's great!)

05-02-03 08:42 PM
fmk438j I just saw Madonna's new clip. It had her 'rapping'.

It was the worst attempt at rap I can remember. Really pathetic.

But we all gotta be 'hip', right?
05-02-03 08:42 PM
vampire
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
Vampire if you intend on (pulling a soulie) 20 posts a day, talk about something worth while or someone decent! If you are going to talk female Vocalists try Patti Smith (She's great!)

Well, i don�t like Patti Smith, but thanks anyway...
05-02-03 08:47 PM
vampire
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
I just saw Madonna's new clip. It had her 'rapping'.
It was the worst attempt at rap I can remember. Really pathetic.
But we all gotta be 'hip', right?

No, i think you can try with something really cool, like Morcheeba, Massive Attack, portishead...imo

I like Madonna, but I have to say most of the time she is only a counterfeit of the British hype

[Edited by vampire]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003