ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The last good album?? WTF Return to archive
05-06-02 10:36 AM
Scottfree Why, is it everytime I see a media report on the Stones, all I ever read is that their last good album was in 1981? Didn't that same media grant them their first Grammy in 1994 for Vodoo Lounge. I'm so confused!! I also ask of said media please define good, or great for that matter? What the hell has been better than Vodoo Lounge in the last 8 years, very little if anything at all.

Scottfree
05-06-02 10:43 AM
sandrew Media critics don't think for themselves; in fact, they repeat each other like apes.
05-06-02 10:47 AM
FIJI JIM What the hell do they know? The media good for one thing

LIES!
05-06-02 11:08 AM
Jaxx "good" is subjective term. too bad these media guys have ~bad~ taste. imo, every stones album has something redeeming on it, as well as some "skip overs" too.
05-06-02 11:09 AM
Maxlugar I hear you clear as a bell my pal.

Voodoo Lounge is a classic! It has a little something for everyone. Just like all great Stones albums.

Let us not forget the incomparable and unsurpassed 1986 masterpiece Dirty Work.

That little ablum will knock your nuts around so hard you'll cum a milk shake. (Substitute the words "Tits" and "lactate" for you gals.)

Are you jonesin' for a Stonesin'?
Are you visibly shaking from rock and roll withdrawls?
Are you pale and weak from lack of vitamin RS?
Are you itching and blistering from a "Drive" deficiency?

Well....

PAGING DR. DIRTY WORK!!

Maxy!
05-06-02 11:13 AM
TT The same guy who says tattoo You was their last good album is unable to tell you song 3/side 2 or how the cover looks like.

Prepare yourself for loads of rubbish in the coming weeks (age, money, drugs, sex ...)
05-06-02 05:15 PM
Mr T I liked Steel Wheels & Bridges to Baylon better than Tattoo You. Voodoo Loungue had it's moments, but was one of those mediocre Stones albums in my opinion. A lot of their great stuff from the last few years is really overlooked
05-06-02 07:31 PM
Scot Rocks Voodoo Lounge is an excellent album, there are some poor songs on like Brand New Car and Suck on a Jungular however the rest of the tracks in my opinion are brilliant; great variety, great sound. A very underated album, which is one of my top Stones albums - although I have many of them!!!!!
05-06-02 08:58 PM
Stones Voodoo Lounge is excellent. It would have been even better with Honest Man , Got It Made or some of the official B-Side releases on it instead of Suck On The Jugular, Brand New Car and Sweethearts Together. Though those 3 have grown on me. The first time I heard Love Is Strong I could not believe how good it was.
05-06-02 09:24 PM
Dave Voodoo Lounge is good...at least it starts off well, and then seems to run out of steam towards the end. Would have been much better if some of the worse tracks had been edited, like Brand New Car or Baby Break It Down. Bridges was better, but some songs were marred by Jagger's overly mannered vocals (Already Over Me, Lowdown, Anybody Seen My Baby) Keith's tunes were the best, as well as Saint of Me and Might as Well Get Juiced. I think Tattoo You is considered their last 'great' one because it was the last one to produce a couple of real hits, wasn't it? A pretty crappy way to judge a record, but there you go...

I bought Talk Is Cheap the other day. Now THAT'S almost a great album in the proper sense of the word. If only Jagger had sang and helped out with some of the lyrics...sigh. It has a tremendous groove.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.