ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fox News story Return to archive
05-06-02 09:51 AM
sandrew Stones Final Tour: Reunion, Harlem?
Monday, May 06, 2002

By Roger Friedman

Tomorrow, the Rolling Stones, the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world, will make a dramatic announcement � or a bunch of them.

The band that formed in 1962 and has kept the world rapt with both their music and their personal lives will descend from a yellow blimp bearing their red-lips logo onto a field in the Bronx. According to my sources, what they will tell the gathered press corps is sure to be newsworthy. In fact, some of the things they won�t say will be just as big.

For one thing, I am told that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are in discussions with retired bandmates Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman to join them for a few dates of this possible final tour .

Then there is a rumor � still unconfirmed � that the band will play a date at the world famous Apollo Theater here in New York. Since the Stones' brand of rock is rooted on the R&B made famous at the Apollo, this is sure to be a landmark event.

�They don�t want to call this a 40th anniversary tour,� says my source, �but I think this is definitely the last one.�

Of course, The Who say that every couple of years � and then reunite as if nothing ever happened.

The Apollo date is interesting because it�s tied to a plan my source says will give fans some rare opportunities to see the legendary band for the last time. �They want to alternate a stadium, arena, club in each city,� my source says. �There�s talk that you could buy a package � tickets to all three. For the club date you would be eligible to go, but seated on a first come, first serve basis.�

This part sounds a little tricky to me, but maybe it would work. Or it could be it�s wishful thinking.

At any rate, the Rolling Stones deserve credit, don�t they? Their last good record was 1981�s Tattoo You, but they�ve managed to extend their career for 22 years, issuing albums directly tied to tours.

The group is now considering a box set for a fall release as well, with five or six new songs. Such a box set would be a masterstroke of diplomacy, because the Stones� recordings fall into two separate categories. Everything through 1971�s �Hot Rocks� album is licensed to Allen Klein�s ABKCO Records. Everything issued after mid-1971 � from Sticky Fingers on � is now at Virgin/EMI after a long life at Atlantic Records. Klein would have to agree to let Virgin have some of his vintage recordings. Of course, everything can be worked out for the right price.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.