ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Cortland Park?? Return to archive
05-05-02 12:44 PM
Meetch Hey Can any of you help me out??? I am planning a day trip to see the Blimp and Boys in action.... I know the park is in the bronx, but where? Is it safe?! Parking? Metro?

I know I won't be allowed in the press conference, but I'd like to get as close as possible, even if it means only seeing the Blimp overhead. I know nothing about NYC, except for Manhattan, so... I am lost!

Thanks in advance if you can help out.
Meetch
05-05-02 06:40 PM
Maxlugar Let me just say that if you have a suit of armor or some other kind of bullet proof spring casual attire, wear it.

This is NOT the park to be doing this in.

But whatever, I'll be there. I'll take the 4 train. Although I'm not sure what part of the park it's going to be in. Might be kind of a walk after you get out of the subway. IF you get out, I should say.

Just wondering, do Blimps "Pop" when they are shot? If will it go right through just leaving a hole?

Maxy!
05-05-02 11:22 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Any of you fuckers who even THINK of popping my blimp...I will pull the heart out of your body and shit in the hole in your chest!

Now as for the part of the Bronx that tis park is in....sometimes being 6' tall, and looking like an insane pro wrestler from hell, has certain benefits. In other words, the punks will look for easier prey. Besides, I have a canister of police grade oc/pepper spray.

I pity the fool who thinks he can stop me from seeing the big blimp.
05-06-02 12:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Meetch wrote:
I know the park is in the bronx, but where? Is it safe?! Parking? Metro?

Is in Riverdale, Bronx
Is safe on daylight but don't try it at night, is big not as big as Central Park

From Manhattan take line 4 and stop at the terminal (after 238th) The problem is that you will be at the southwest part of the park and we don't know the exact location. I think it's going to be close. If not you're gonna take a long walk.

If you want to shoot the blimp you can go to the top part of Manhattan College you'll have a very nice view!

Here's a map

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.