ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who's Going Tuesday? Return to archive
05-03-02 01:28 PM
justinkurian I was wondering who's going to Van Cortlandt come Tuesday. I'll be there with a camera (hopefully I can get a digital one to easily post pics). I don't have any classes on Tuesday (end of classes and beginning of finals). Anyone recommend a good time to go?
05-03-02 05:31 PM
Maxlugar I'm going for it.

I'll take the 4 train.

Bringing my digital camera.

I can't stay and drink though.

Gotta go back to work.

But I'm going for it.

ML, Y2K +2
05-03-02 06:01 PM
luxury1 Oh Maxy--we knew you'd make it!! Looking forward to your pics. So, what will you be wearing so we can easily spot you on the VH-1 live coverage?? I hope you don't do anything to embarrass yourself.
05-03-02 07:49 PM
Maxlugar I'll be the guy holding up Ximy. The bastard can drink.

05-04-02 08:20 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'll be the guy holding up Ximy. The bastard can drink.

And HE'll be the guy with a Monkey on his back.
05-04-02 09:14 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Yeah, Fleabit. I think it's a go. I'll let you know in a couple of hours.

PS. I just bought a RC blimp. As soon as it arrives, I'm painting the thing yellow, and putting tongues on the sides. I will have my very own personal Stones blimp. I think that makes me just a little better than the rest of you.

Sure, some of you may have more CDs than me, some may have more vinyl than me, some may have more posters than me, some may have more books than me, some may even have a better Stones bar in their basements, but I'll have a fuckin' blimp.

My only regret is that it won't arrive by Tues., or I would take it to Brooklyn with me.
05-04-02 10:28 AM
Riffhard I'll be there with bells on!I'm covering the press conference for the radio station I work for.I got my press credentials yesterday!I can't wait to see that beautiful blimp desend into the park!
Riffhard
05-04-02 03:27 PM
Scot Rocks For everyone going the weather forecast for NYC on Tuesday is for it to be cloudy and a high of 73, thankfully no thunder and lightning!!!!!!...

05-05-02 10:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'm going for it.

I'll take the 4 train.

It's official - his eminence Cardinal X and I will be attending the festivities. We're starting this tour right.

We're staying in Brooklyn tomorrow and will take public transit up to the Bronx in the morning. See you there!
05-06-02 10:40 AM
Joey 'I'll be there with bells on!I'm covering the press conference for the radio station I work for.I got my press credentials yesterday!I can't wait to see that beautiful blimp desend into the park! '
Riffhard '

Riffy , Are you going to raise your hand high up in the air and see if Mick chooses you ?

Or do you plan on pulling a Sam Donaldson and just shout out the Question that you want answered ( with appropriate follow - ups , of course ) ????????

Either way , would you please probe the " Club Dates " and the " Mick Taylor back in the fold " topics ?

These are the questions that weigh heavily on our nation's stressed - to - the - limit souls . Bless You !

Club Joey

The Joey , C9

Bunny

05-06-02 01:17 PM
justinkurian Joey,
Do you know exactly where everyone is meeting? Have you heard anything?
05-06-02 01:35 PM
Joey I have not heard anything !

Joey

05-06-02 01:58 PM
Riffhard Well Joey I'm gonna try REAL hard to get a question in.It's not very easy to do that b/c some Major media typs ie;Rolling Stone,MTV,VH1....already have a certain allotment of questions they can ask.When I covered the B2B PC I never got a chance.Although I made eye contact with the boys,it's usually someone from the promoter or PR firm who picks out who gets to pose questions.
Tomarrow I'm getting there very early and I'm gonna try to rub elbows with all the right people this time.
As for the question I would ask.Yes it will be about MT and Bill.You will know it's me if you hear me say,"Hey guys,Steve Hook from WRAT radio and various online fan sites including Gasx3,Rocks Off,......."That would be great,but I'm realistic about it.We shall see!!
Riffhard
05-06-02 02:34 PM
Joey "Well Joey I'm gonna try REAL hard to get a question in.It's not very easy to do that b/c some Major media typs ie;Rolling Stone,MTV,VH1....already "

I will say a prayer for you tonight ! That should cinch it .

Why ??????? , because I pray every day for Taylor's return to the Stones . What else is there to pray for ?

Reverend Joey

05-06-02 03:06 PM
nankerphelge Ode to my Stonesian kin

O' how I am saddened
that I shall be in Tennessee
on that day the Stones blimp
lands in the Bronx of NYC

Maxy and Ximy
and FPM for sure
shall tell us, and their grandkids
of the start of this great tour

I will only see pictures
or videos at best
of the giant yellow blimp
and the magic Stonesian fest

In Memphis there is Graceland
and BBQ and blues
but you can have them all
it is the blimp that I would choose

But I have no say in
the things I do tomorrow
missing this great blimp
is by far the greatest sorrow

Bless you all
05-06-02 04:05 PM
Joey Nanky.............

That is quite beautiful !

Your post is a keeper of the Joey .

Clubby
05-06-02 06:50 PM
Maxlugar That was lovely Nanks.

May Joey take pieces of it and re-post it latter as his own.

Or re-post the entire thing on a different board as his own.

Clubby Lugar - A man that will only see The Stones in clubs.
05-06-02 08:37 PM
Joey 'Clubby Lugar - A man that will only see The Stones in clubs'

Hey.................. that sounds familiar !

This is not good ......must assess and evaluate .

Shiver.......

Developing ...................

Club " Clubby " Joey

Established 2002 ( May 3rd , 10:30 CDT )

Bunny
05-07-02 01:03 AM
glencar I'll be there tomorrow. I ahven't been to the VC Park ever so I hope I can find the Stones somehow...
05-07-02 07:35 AM
Maxlugar Glencar,

Me , FPM and Ximy will be there.

I'll be sportin' a digital camera so brush your hair and put on some nice clothes for God sakes!

Not a very nice day for Blimping though. A little breezy and dark.

But perhaps its better this Blimp comes down from a dark, threatening sky.

Menacing in all its Stonesian goodness.

Maxy Van Cortlandt!
05-07-02 09:47 AM
glencar Umm, I'll have to get dressed again, I guess. Now where are those nice clothes...

I'm on my out the door in a few.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.