ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Opening Acts Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
05-06-02 09:36 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
The Worst wrote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
The Worst wrote: I love the Stones, but don't like or buy sixties music in general (unlike what some believe, I have nothing to do with hippies and would prefer to let them rest in peace- including their music).
"Here is a reality check. It's odd that you would say that, since The Stones are from that era."
Maybe I should rephrase this: I don't like (or I'm not interested in buying) most of the sixties music. Apart from the Stones, I only burn myself music from the sixties and seventies and buy myself original records from the 80ies, 90ies and 00s.
"The 60's brought us the the best rock bands, musicians and social values then any other decade."
The thing about the social values is surely true. Let's hope, that there will be a revolution of students again!
"As for "resting in Peace", you can fucking forget about that! Some of the best music out these days comes directly from the 60's descendants. Take Phil Lesh and Friends for example, here is a guy 62 years old and tours Spring, Summer and Fall. He plays for three and a half hours at every show."
I don't know him.
"Every show is different, the song selection and the way it's played. It's about the most refreshing music out on the scene. If you ask me, The Stones could take a few pointers from this guy. Who wants to go and see The Stones 10 times and have them to do every show excactly the same? They need to mix it up and keep it refreshing this time around."
I agree, the Stones should change their songs on stage (see one of my messages above, but Theatre Of Tragedy are a gothic-metal-band, quite the opposite of bright flower-power-kids.
"Anyway back to what I was saying, The Worst, I have no idea what kind of music that you listen to and I really don't care."
Sorry, if I have offended you or anybody else. Even if you don't care, I can tell you, that the music I listen to is more and more dark and less and less commercial, so I don't think, that I would belong onto a Santana concert for example. BTW, I think, that meanwhile Carlos also only wants money with all those newcomer stars involved in his recent work. Many hippie people are surely nice, but the music doesn't hit the point to me, I don't buy this talk about an ideal world.

Whether or not they are seen as hippies by all , a generation saw them as allies in the great sixties struggle(uuuggghhhh!) hate hippies! no apologies The Stones were more a 70s band (ahead of thier time)!As for Carlos Santana, why blame him? How many musos appear on Stones albums? It all depends on how much you are prepared to acknowledge other peoples/guests input.
05-06-02 03:12 PM
gypsy Stop this debating! None of us will ever agree. Let's all be positive and focus on what will likely be the last Stones tour.
05-06-02 04:10 PM
Joey 'Stop this debating! None of us will ever agree. Let's all be positive and focus on what will likely be the last Stones tour. '

Gypsy...........I would like to nuzzle you .

Bunny

05-06-02 06:25 PM
gypsy 'Oh, Joey, I'm not angry anymore...'
Page: 1 2 3

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.