ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Still we're gonna miss you.
Good Times Magazine Nr. 2 April/Mai/Juni 2002
Danke Bendix!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ticket prices Return to archive
05-02-02 08:46 AM
sly I WAS JUST CHECKING PLUGGED, THE UNNOFICIAL MACCA PAGE. IN THE NEWS SECTION THERE'S A BRIEF INTERVIEW WITH ONE OF THE QUESTIONS ABOUT HIS HIGH TICKET PRICES. MACCA REPLIES SAYING THE STONES PRICES WILL BE HIGHER THAN HIS! OUCH!!!!
05-02-02 11:28 AM
Scot Rocks Did he also say how much better the stones are than him?...and what about the BLIMP HAHA everyone will forget about him when the BLIMP flies over NYC and lands in Central Park and also please guys this is a great chance to make the critics eat their words keep those prices down, and show the world that this tour is not about money!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on the Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
05-02-02 01:01 PM
jb Paul is always putting the Stones down or taking credit for things. Remember last tour, he claimed he turned Mick on to canabis. Tbis guy is really a loser!
05-02-02 01:29 PM
WahWahWoody If ticket prices in the US start at $ 300 (!!!) for a stadium show as Mathijs wrote on The IORR board I can only advise Americans to fly over to Europe next year and see as many shows as possible from front row places for not more than $ 100 . It's worth the money for the plane ticket!!
05-02-02 01:54 PM
TT Sorry, Peter, but Mathijs wrote about stadiums:

>ticket prices for large stadiums will be between $150 and $200>

As far as I�m concerned: A rip off! They are not going to fill the stadiums once or even twice if it�s true. The people/crits will say: "And it�s one more time for the money"
05-02-02 02:36 PM
TomL 150 to 200 for stadiums. I sure hope your wrong, that's crazy. If so, that takes the plans to see as many shows as possible and put's a hurting on.
05-02-02 03:56 PM
Gazza $150 - 200 to look at a video screen from 70-100 yards away (and maybe double that to look at one INDOORS) ? Uh...you can keep it!
05-02-02 04:08 PM
WahWahWoody You're right ,TT. But even prices between $ 150 and $200 is a rip off. So the flight to Europe should be an option....
05-02-02 07:26 PM
Ruskafarian Seeing the Stones in Europe - EVEN IF it would cost more,
if you can find the time - GO!!! I saw the Stones' show
in Poland (Bridges To Babylon Tour, first show in Poland in
30 years!) and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

The fans in Europe are SO MUCH BETTER than the ones here
in North America. Sorry everyone, but the fans here SUCK.
They go to the shows and stand and watch the Stones as if
they're a museum display.

In Europe, EVERYONE, even at the very back, is ON THEIR FEET
for the WHOLE show. Not like here. Unless Mick or Keef are
20ft away from you, everyone sits down.

LOSERS! That's NOT what Rock 'n' Roll is about!

Now you've got me all worked up...

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but certainly the
majority.
05-02-02 09:17 PM
sly $150-$200 to sit a mile away is ridiculous for any event. The same source at the iorr board also wrote that there is no entrance fee for the club gigs. Can this be true,and if so what will the arena show price range be 300-1000 !?!?!?!?
05-02-02 09:42 PM
Dan With as many USA stadium shows that sold sluggishly last time around, I would say 3 digit figures for average seats are totally unrealistic. If so they can look forward to small arena or even theatre sized crowds.
05-05-02 03:12 PM
WahWahWoody So Ruskafarian is the first American to fly over for the European leg of the tour ? I'm sure thousands of others will do the same and enjoy a rock show on their feet, moving around and dancing and having soooooo much fun !
Go for it!
05-05-02 05:38 PM
MRD8 Ticket prices in the stadiums will range from less than fifty dollars for nosebleed seats up to around two hundred face value for the best seats! Arena prices will go from fifty to five hundred and for the very few real fans who will get into the 5 or 6 club shows the prices will be roughly $150-$300...no band in the world, including the Stones, could sell out a football stadium that holds 50,000 people if the cheapest tickets were $150-200! Half full stadiums in the U.S. would be very bad publicity for their shows oversea's...!
05-05-02 05:44 PM
Gazza They'll have a hell of a job shifting $200 tickets for stadium shows and $500 for arena shows too...even if they were ON the bloody stage!
05-05-02 06:03 PM
Stray Cat EUROPEAN audiences won't pay more than $50-$60 for a stadium show.Most of them are only "tourist" type fans,well in the U.K. anyway
05-05-02 06:28 PM
Gazza Simply its different economics and different culture. No one has charged those ridiculous prices in Europe before for a rock concert and I just think European audiences would vote with their feet when they know theyre being shafted. I dont think the fans are any more or less "tourist" than anywhere else - if anything,Holland and Germany have more of a "hardcore" than anywhere else

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.