ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: US Soccer Team Set for World Cup (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd May 2006 01:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels US Soccer Team Set for World Cup
By Jim Stevenson
Washington
03 May 2006
vomnews.com

The final 23-man roster for the U.S. World Cup soccer team has been unveiled. VOA's Jim Stevenson reports the squad is a blend of veterans and newcomers who will play in Germany in June.

Bruce Arena
U.S. coach Bruce Arena named 12 players Tuesday who were part of the successful 2002 World Cup squad that reached the quarterfinals in South Korea and Japan, the best showing by the United States since 1930.

Arena added 11 players who are joining the team for the first time. Overall, 12 of the players come from European clubs, and 11 from U.S. Major League Soccer, exactly the same mix as the 2002 roster. Arena says with a large pool of quality players, the selections became very difficult.

"The negative part for me is simply that we have to tell some players that arguably belong on this roster or can be on this roster that they are not going to be a part of it," he said. "So it was difficult. But I think the decisions for the most part were fairly challenging for every position."

Veteran goalkeeper Kasey Keller is the oldest player at 36. He is making U.S. record fourth World Cup appearance along with captain Claudio Reyna. The youngest player is 22-year-old Eddie Johnson, a newcomer from Major League Soccer's Kansas City Wizards.

U.S. coach Bruce Arena says he expects the group to come together well in the month before the World Cup.

"With a good training camp and good preparations games and the right mental approach, our team will be a team that is going to challenge anybody on the field in this World Cup," he said.

The U.S. team's final training camp opens May 10 in Cary, North Carolina. At the World Cup in Germany, the United States opens against the Czech Republic on June 12, meets Italy five days later and closes the first round against Ghana on June 22.
3rd May 2006 01:13 PM
gimmekeef I know this is a huge world event....just cant get into "football" with scoring so low.Course doent help I lost $100 a few years back when Canada lucked in.A guy bet me 3-1 that Canada wouldnt score even one goal.So I says shit they get 3 guaranteed games!.Dickwads never even got a shot on net!..Bye Bye C note.....Fuck soccer!!!!
3rd May 2006 01:17 PM
egon Canada has a football team?
3rd May 2006 01:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
egon wrote:
Canada has a football team?

I don't think there is a Nation that DOES'NT have a football team these days.

Getting back to the subject of the USA. They were one of the surprise packages of the 2002 World Cup. Maybe it was a fluke, but I expect them to reasonably well this time round too.
3rd May 2006 01:48 PM
gimmekeef What country is the fave?...Germany or Brazil or Italy?..or???..maybe I can get my $100 back...
3rd May 2006 01:59 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
What country is the fave?...Germany or Brazil or Italy?..or???..maybe I can get my $100 back...

Brazil are the favourites. I'd say they're a safe bet.
3rd May 2006 02:12 PM
ShaneJazz The US team is as strong as it has ever been, but unfortunately, they are in this year's "Group of Death". It'll be very hard to get out of the first round. And horribly bad luck for the English team- Rooney might not be able to play at all.
3rd May 2006 02:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
What country is the fave?...Germany or Brazil or Italy?..or???..maybe I can get my $100 back...

Germany usually do well, but even though they have home advantage they probably have their worst team in living memory

Brazil have the best player in the world in Ronaldinho and the most exciting team, but while favourites theyre far from certs to win it. Argentina might be a decent outside bet

Traditionally, a World Cup held in Europe gets won by a country from that continent. If youre going for a European side, Italy or France would be the most likely options. I would have added England until a week ago, but its likely that they'll be without Wayne Rooney who got injured at the weekend and will probably miss most of the tournament. A talent like his is simply irreplaceable. Spain and Holland are also good sides, but both have a history of underachieving
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd May 2006 02:18 PM
gustavobala but the brazilian defense are bad....

the attack:
ronaldinho gaucho plays on different position in brazil and barcelona
ronaldinho is fat and slow
adriano is hurt
kaká is a good name
robinho too

argentina comes strong, italian too, germany is a ggod name(not now, but plays in home) holland can be a surprise!

england i don´t know(owen is hurt), france and spain too, i don´t know can be a surprise too!
3rd May 2006 02:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
ronaldinho is fat and slow

I presume you mean Ronaldo, not Ronaldinho.

he might have piled on the pounds, but theres no better finisher.
3rd May 2006 02:22 PM
gustavobala my bets:
brazil
argentina

have chances:
italia
germany (because they are in home, because the football are so bad)

surprises:
england
spain
france (my worst bet)
3rd May 2006 02:25 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I presume you mean Ronaldo, not Ronaldinho.

he might have piled on the pounds, but theres no better finisher.

here he was the first "ronaldinho"

then ronaldinho gaucho appers, than, here we talk to ronaldo:

ronaldinho or
ronaldinho fenomeno (=phenomenon)
ronalducho (ronaldo + gorducho = fatty)

to ronaldinho (from barcelona) we talk: ronaldinho gaucho ( brazilian´s south region)
3rd May 2006 02:26 PM
gustavobala
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
england i don´t know(owen is hurt), france and spain too, i don´t know can be a surprise too!

sorry, rooney is hurt!

(ps- owen too?)
3rd May 2006 02:29 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
US Soccer Team Set for World Cup
By Jim Stevenson
Washington
03 May 2006
vomnews.com

The final 23-man roster for the U.S. World Cup soccer team has been unveiled. VOA's Jim Stevenson reports the squad is a blend of veterans and newcomers who will play in Germany in June.

Bruce Arena
U.S. coach Bruce Arena named 12 players Tuesday who were part of the successful 2002 World Cup squad that reached the quarterfinals in South Korea and Japan, the best showing by the United States since 1930.

Arena added 11 players who are joining the team for the first time. Overall, 12 of the players come from European clubs, and 11 from U.S. Major League Soccer, exactly the same mix as the 2002 roster. Arena says with a large pool of quality players, the selections became very difficult.

"The negative part for me is simply that we have to tell some players that arguably belong on this roster or can be on this roster that they are not going to be a part of it," he said. "So it was difficult. But I think the decisions for the most part were fairly challenging for every position."

Veteran goalkeeper Kasey Keller is the oldest player at 36. He is making U.S. record fourth World Cup appearance along with captain Claudio Reyna. The youngest player is 22-year-old Eddie Johnson, a newcomer from Major League Soccer's Kansas City Wizards.

U.S. coach Bruce Arena says he expects the group to come together well in the month before the World Cup.

"With a good training camp and good preparations games and the right mental approach, our team will be a team that is going to challenge anybody on the field in this World Cup," he said.

The U.S. team's final training camp opens May 10 in Cary, North Carolina. At the World Cup in Germany, the United States opens against the Czech Republic on June 12, meets Italy five days later and closes the first round against Ghana on June 22.

WHY ""FUCK´SINHELL"" THIS BRUCE ARENA DON´T CALL THE YOUNG AND GREAT FREDDY ADU???????

WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
3rd May 2006 02:30 PM
gimmekeef Thanks guys...but based on your hints..I'll just hang onto my $....for new Fall Tour memberships!...there goes another $100 or so......
3rd May 2006 02:31 PM
gustavobala
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
my bets:
brazil
argentina

have chances:
italia
germany (because they are in home, because the football are so bad)

surprises:
england
spain
holland (sorry, i forget)
france (my worst bet)

3rd May 2006 02:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't know how this happened, or how it can be anywhere close to being right...but the US team is ranked #4 in the world.

Their group has the Czechs (ranked #2), and Italy(ranked #11? WTF?), oh yeah, and Ghana(ranked #50)...I have no idea how the US is ever gonna get out of that group. We have maybe the strongest team that we've ever sent to a World Cup...and I don't see them getting out of the prelim round.

The good news about the World Cup being in Europe...I won't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch the games live, like I had to do for the Japan/Korea WC in 2002.

I think the Czechs or Brazil will take the Cup.
3rd May 2006 02:42 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
holland can be a surprise!

Yeah, definitely, surprisingly bad.
3rd May 2006 02:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't know how this happened, or how it can be anywhere close to being right...but the US team is ranked #4 in the world.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the FIFA rankings. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I'm fairly certain it's only based on competitive matches. The USA being ranked higher than Italy is a surprise, but we all know they're the better team.
3rd May 2006 02:50 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't know how this happened, or how it can be anywhere close to being right...but the US team is ranked #4 in the world.

Their group has the Czechs (ranked #2), and Italy(ranked #11? WTF?), oh yeah, and Ghana(ranked #50)...I have no idea how the US is ever gonna get out of that group. We have maybe the strongest team that we've ever sent to a World Cup...and I don't see them getting out of the prelim round.

The good news about the World Cup being in Europe...I won't have to get up in the middle of the night to watch the games live, like I had to do for the Japan/Korea WC in 2002.

I think the Czechs or Brazil will take the Cup.

THIS RANK IS A MESS, DON´T BELIEVE IN IT! NOT MENSURABLE RESULTS, IS A MESS, MESS, MESS

BRAZIL IS THE FIRST SINCE 2002, AND THE MOST OF THE TIME DON´T PLAY "LIKE" A NUMBER ONE!

DON´T BELIEVE, WORLD CUP IS SO DIFFERENT FROM THIS RANK!

[Edited by gustavobala]
3rd May 2006 02:51 PM
gimmekeef I like Iraqs chances....this Haliburton guy should be the difference....
3rd May 2006 02:55 PM
gustavobala
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I like Iraqs chances....this Haliburton guy should be the difference....

USA and iraq have no chances, sorry
3rd May 2006 03:10 PM
telecaster Is this mens or womens?

Because those last couple of US Teams had some hotties

If I remember, in addition to being smoking hot they actually won a game or two
3rd May 2006 03:13 PM
gustavobala
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Is this mens or womens?

Because those last couple of US Teams had some hotties

If I remember, in addition to being smoking hot they actually won a game or two

mens
3rd May 2006 03:15 PM
gustavobala
quote:
egon wrote:
Canada has a football team?

yes, but is weak

i think they plays in 1982 world cup!
3rd May 2006 03:39 PM
axl79
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

yes, but is weak

i think they plays in 1982 world cup!

No, I don't think Canada has ever reach to a world Cup!

Who knows who will win, that's the fun!
Brazil just wins because of the routine they have and the other teams fears to play against Brazil. So it's always a good bet.

Remeber the European cup , Greece won it, who put their bets on that team before the game started ?
3rd May 2006 03:42 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
axl79 wrote:

Brazil just wins because of the routine they have and the other teams fears to play against Brazil. So it's always a good bet.

Remeber the European cup , Greece won it, who put their bets on that team before the game started ?

axl179...Canada made it once..3 shut outs later gone!
3rd May 2006 03:57 PM
axl79 Sorry gimmekeef, you are right ...

Mexico 86 , I should know better

Group 3 results:

France 1-0 Canada
Hungary 2-0 Canada
USSR 2-0 Canada

3rd May 2006 04:02 PM
gustavobala
quote:
axl79 wrote:

ohh god, you makes me working ....lol

No one know who will win, is just a bet! Soccer is the most sport with imprevious results

canada plays 1986 world cup:
Grupo C
Time COLOCAÇÃO P V E D GP GC P
União Soviética 1 3 2 1 0 9 1 5
França 2 3 2 1 0 5 1 5
Hungria 3 3 1 0 2 2 9 2
Canadá 4 3 0 0 3 0 5 0

Jogos e resultados
09-JUN-86 IRAPUATO União Soviética:Canadá 2:0 (0:0) IRAPUATO
09-JUN-86 LEON Hungria:França 0:3 (0:1) Nou Camp
06-JUN-86 IRAPUATO Hungria:Canadá 2:0 (1:0) IRAPUATO
05-JUN-86 LEON França:União Soviética 1:1 (0:0) Nou Camp
02-JUN-86 IRAPUATO União Soviética:Hungria 6:0 (3:0) IRAPUATO
01-JUN-86 LEON Canadá:França 0:1 (0:0) Nou Camp

3rd May 2006 04:26 PM
Scottfree 4 more months till football....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)