ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Time To Fade Away, Says Bill Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st May 2006 06:03 PM
gustavobala bill wants to come back toward stones with Keith begging to its feet
1st May 2006 06:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
bill wants to come back toward stones with Keith begging to its feet

They're ALL a bunch of arrogant jackasses, that's part of what makes them so endearing.
1st May 2006 06:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
They're ALL a bunch of arrogant jackasses, that's part of what makes them so endearing.

Including Bill....that's one reason why he fit in so well.
1st May 2006 06:28 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Whatever Bill says now don't stop the bass palying on the '60s Stones stuff awesome at times!!
1st May 2006 09:53 PM
Soldatti I got to see the Stones during two of the last three tours, thank god that they keep touring since Bill left.
1st May 2006 10:53 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I agree but this is nothing new. The Glimmers have ALWAYS been like that.

yeah but the problem now is that they are putting our money in their mouths!
2nd May 2006 07:01 AM
corgi37 Communist!!
2nd May 2006 06:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

They made a shitty album, are charging incredibly high prices to see a good show. I need great from them, anything less is going backwards.
The sad thing is, I think they could do better... Why they aren't is a matter for discussion, and argument.
They're not giving it 100%.
Bill's right, it's for their egos... They could give it 100%... Untli they do something great, I know they're capable of, I'm not giving them my money. If they're going to keep going putting out 75% effort, then they better offer my a 30% discount if they want my ass at another show!

this is now becoming the growing consensus here. Nothing wrong with Bill Wyman stating more or less the same thing. He certainly knows them better than we do.

This should probably be the last tour unless they are willing to change how they present themselves (i.e. smaller venues, lower prices). But thats not gonna happen. But I would like to see them put out one more great record. ABB was a huge let down. I know they still have it in them musically, its just a matter of if the will to do it is there. If they are gonna half ass it then dont even bother.
2nd May 2006 09:38 PM
gotdablouse It's a bit "rich" for BW to say that, I mean the guy had like zero input or respect from the others throughout their career, just happy to play along and bang chicks, so...

Having said that, I have to agree that these world tours are pretty ridiculous and I for one will not bother attending, especially in a stadium, I'll cherish my San Jose 1999 and Oakland 2002 memories, thank you very much.

As to ABB, well yes, I don't feel like listening to it as much as I listened to B2B, I think the main problem is the production, guitar playing (or lack thereof) and lyrics (Mick's dick for the most part), the singing and the tunes weren't too bad on the whole though, clearly not enough in light of past glories. I think all that can be fixed, by bringing in a guy with some musical integrity like Rick Rubin and a more remarkable guitar player, say Waddy Wachtel, like they did for B2B, his parts in SOM are really good for instance.
2nd May 2006 11:19 PM
Lavendar .I-N-D-V-I-D-U-A-L-I-T-Y.
3rd May 2006 12:32 AM
glencar I saw Bill on BBC's Morning Show last week whilst in London & he seemed to be conciliatory towards his former bandmates. Why does he talk out both sides of his mouth? And why those purple shades?
3rd May 2006 12:34 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

The shows and records were better. I have seen and heard the evidence. I know they are capable, they're just unwilling, and so am I.

Pdog, the last 2 albums have been better than the previous ones. I wish they were more prolific but ABB is the best they've done in 20 years or more.
3rd May 2006 08:22 AM
corgi37 Fucking Rick Rubin, like he's the answer to every has-been's prayers. Ya'll just ungrateful sods who should go see Neil Diamond every night for eternity.

Dont see the Stones. Who cares? But, why do we have to constantly fucking hear about it? This will probably be the last hurrah. If you deliberately dont see them, pity you.

What you show-ponies want is a intimate gig every night with fuck all ticket prices playing B sides and rarities. Sure, you are really gonna get that, aint ya's? I mean, apart from 1 off's, they havent done that in 42 years, but keep on dreaming. It doesnt make you a better, more amazing fan, just because you can sniff your nose at Dead Flowers and say "hmpf, i want Dandelion". It just makes ya'll ungrateful dickheads, and pretentious snobs, as far as i am concerned. Not that my opinion means any thing.

If they DO tour again, it will be a farewell tour, with only 15-16 songs, ALL warhorses and probably mostly ALL stadiums.

Then, you'll really complain.

Maggots.

[Edited by corgi37]
3rd May 2006 08:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot LOL Pdog!

Question for ya....

How will you know if, in the future, the Stones are or are not giving 100%...if you are not there to see for yourself? Are you just going to rely on the judgement of others?

Just wondering....
3rd May 2006 10:45 AM
gimmekeef Well its been about a week now since Bill announced this..about time for his yap to make another appearance...For a guy who says he hated limelight he sure doesnt want to let go of it...Arent there any 12 yr old schoolgirls to chase Bill?
3rd May 2006 10:55 AM
The Wick Wyman should shut his fucking mouth. He's just jealous that the only action he's getting is with the sheep on the fields he goes metal detecting on. What I find incredibly hypocritical here is that if you read his diary on his website, there was an entry that talked about some Dutch or German fans I think who went to see the Rhythm Kings and after the shows told him that they had seen the Stones last week and that the playing and energy in his band was much better than the Stones. Now, if Mr. I'm So Above it All didn't need the adulation then he should also pack it in and pack his fucking mouth with some of the coins he finds when he's wanking in the fields.
3rd May 2006 10:58 AM
gimmekeef Guess he cant help himself...still spewing:

From leedstoday.net

The rock star (retired) who could carry a toon

Ex-Stone Wyman rolls in to sign a humorous look at band's career

By Charles Heslett

IF you want a coconut get somebody else to climb the palm tree.
That was the sage advice Bill Wyman offered to his fellow Rolling Stone and rock wildman Keith Richards.
Last week the wrinkly guitarist was left concussed after reportedly falling out of a tree while on holiday in Fiji.
Mr Wyman, who finally left the Stones in 1993, said his former bandmate was probably trying to get himself a drink
The ex-Stones bassist told the YEP: "I was in Fiji in the early 1980s on holiday from the band, and I can tell you if I wanted a coconut you would get guys to climb up the trees and cut you one down.
"I think Keith was probably just trying to do it himself."
The 69-year-old spoke to the YEP at a booksigning in Leeds yesterday. He was autographing copies of his latest offering The Stones: A History in Cartoons, which charts the rise of band through the cartoons they inspired in the newspapers and magazines of the day.
Mr Wyman is famous for keeping detailed diaries throughout his musical career.
And he linked up with long-time collaborator and co-author Richard Havers to create their latest book using cartoons he saved from his time on the road with the Stones.
The band – Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts – are in the middle of a world tour.
Asked if he missed playing with them, Bill exclaimed: "Are you serious?
"Even if the Rolling Stones asked me to play the last three songs at their final concert I wouldn't do it. I did my 30 years and I've moved on.
"Don't get me wrong. I see Charlie (Watts] quite a lot, he's a good mate, and the rest of the band I see quite regularly apart from Keith as he lives in New York.
"But it's a bit like being a bricklayer all your life and someone coming along and asking you to build another wall. You're not going to come out of retirement to do it, are you?"
Mr Wyman is enjoying an active 'retirement' and when not with wife Suzanne Accosta and their three daughters he is touring with his band Rhythm Kings or overseeing restaurant chain Sticky Fingers.
As for being back in Leeds where the Stones once played to 100,000 in Roundhay Park in 1982, he said: "We first came to Leeds with the Stones in the 1960s. The trouble was in those days you couldn't go out because of the fans so all you ended up seeing was the inside of your hotel room."
Fan Peter Robinson, 53, of Selby, said: "In the 1960s you were being a rebel by buying a record by the Stones rather than the Beatles. I'm pleased to hear he is still making music."
Nicola Doherty, 19, from Bradford, the same age as Bill's ex-wife Mandy Smith when they married in the 1980s, said: "I'm buying the book for my boyfriend's mum as she's massive fan. I think the Rolling Stones were awesome."

[email protected]
03 May 2006
3rd May 2006 11:01 AM
Saint Sway he's right. Again.
3rd May 2006 11:37 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fucking Rick Rubin, like he's the answer to every has-been's prayers. Ya'll just ungrateful sods who should go see Neil Diamond every night for eternity.

Rick Rubin would do absolutely nothing for the Stones. Even if he were to produce a new album, it would still pretty much sell like it always does (i.e. less and less), the songs would be like they always are (i.e. not what anyone here expects by their unreachable standards) and then it would, of course, be considered an even bigger flop due to the fact that 'BUT OH MY GOD RICK RUBIN PRODUCED IT!!!!!!'

3rd May 2006 09:54 PM
gotdablouse blah, blah, blah...anyway, back on topic, BW : "But it's a bit like being a bricklayer all your life and someone coming along and asking you to build another wall. You're not going to come out of retirement to do it, are you?"

That about sums it up about BW, a petty old man.

3rd May 2006 10:12 PM
Soldatti The Bill's interview of the week.
Se ya in 7 days with more impressive and fresh declarations.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)