ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Radio show Return to archive
29th April 2006 07:39 PM
Coming Down Again Howdy all!

Well up here in Canada I do a radio show at the local campus station. I'd like to think that I do a pretty decent job of blending old and new rock and/or roll to form a rockin' show.
Now...keep in mind that you will get a distict taste of Canadian rock as I have Canadian Content regulations to deal with. However, I think you might be surprised at the quality of music that we're puttin' out up here.
If you only like old rock you won't like this show. However, if you have an open mind and like to discover something new, I'd love for you to check it out.

Example of artists played this past week:

Old: Stones, Iggy Pop, The Kinks
New: Wolfmother, The Flaming Lips, Yeah Yeah Yeah's

The linkage:

1st half: http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWFri1800.mp3

2nd half: http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWFri1900.mp3

I'd love to hear what anybody thinks!
Cheers!

Buck Malibu
[Edited by Coming Down Again]
30th April 2006 09:42 AM
corgi37 Nice to see Aussie band Wolfmother on the list.
30th April 2006 07:10 PM
Coming Down Again Wolfmother are great!
I was actually going to state in my original post that I think a lot of you that dig the classic 70's rock sound will dig Wolfmother. They wear their influences pretty much on their sleaves and do it very well.

I also should have mentioned that I frequent this forum (every day) but just don't post that much. I'm not some knob that just signed up to promote my show (I don't make any money for it anyway). I am a knob...just for other reasons.
2nd May 2006 10:39 AM
Coming Down Again Nothing?

I'm crushed like a Chris Shelton homer.
2nd May 2006 11:51 AM
gimmekeef What campus are you at?...I attended UofW many many years ago...must be a challenge balancing todays tastes with yesterdays classics...good luck!...Just put on the entire cd of Exile some night...see what happens!...
2nd May 2006 06:03 PM
Coming Down Again University of Western Ontario, my friend.
I don't actually attend...just volunteer at the station.

It's actually not all that difficult. Good music is good music (however subjective that may be). I like the idea of turning on the current indie rockers to stuff from yesteryear. Likewise, I think there's a lot of new rock that would appeal to old-timers. I'm somewhere in the middle.

And I'm gonna play something from Exile this week. I'm just not sure what yet...

[Edited by Coming Down Again]
2nd May 2006 06:11 PM
Some Guy I'd like to request coming down again.
3rd May 2006 04:46 PM
Coming Down Again I'm sorry...that's not on Exile.
And it's gonna be a rocker...or perhaps Ventilator Blues.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)