ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FINALLY!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th April 2006 11:44 AM
PatrickA I think the current Stones are still a quality band. I would never say they approach 1972 era Stones. Those 1972-1973 Stones were possibly the best band to ever grace a stage. A big part of the reason they are able to continue doing what they do today is due to the band they used to be. But seeing as how I can't step into a time machine, i'll enjoy what they give us today which is pretty good.
29th April 2006 11:44 AM
LadyJane
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

charlie is lazy with his parts.

Actually I believe THIS is the most idiotic statement I've read here in years!!!!!!

LJ.

29th April 2006 11:53 AM
ExileInLA Flame away, but you know I'm right.

They are barely a shadow of what they used to be and you still flock to their mailed in performances night after night.
29th April 2006 12:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
Flame away, but you know I'm right.

They are barely a shadow of what they used to be and you still flock to their mailed in performances night after night.

Due to your recent posts, I am no longer willing to greet you during the mini tour. Please do not approach me as I will not be offering drinks/handshakes to you.
29th April 2006 01:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot >They are barely a shadow of what they used to be and you still flock to their mailed in performances night after night.<

Yeah, so?

What is it costing YOU for US to continue to go see Stones gigs? Why do you even give a shit what we do with our time and money? I didn't realize that I had to make my choices of seeing or not seeing the Stones with YOU in mind.

You are an arrogant prick. There's some "truth" for ya.

Not that anyone should really care, but here is why I chose to go see the Stones 5 times on the ABB tour. Ready, here it goes.

It's fun.

Pretty fuckin' simple.

Yeah, it ain't '72 anymore. Big fuckin' deal. Stones shows are still a fun time, and I get to hang out with my internet pals.

So piss off. It's my money, and I'll spend it however I see fit to spend it.
29th April 2006 01:40 PM
PeerQueer
the black crowes are everything that the Stones used to be and wish they were in 2006. catch them now - they are on fire.
[/quote]

-ahem- the Black Crowes are but a shadow of everything that the Stones used to be - which puts them in the top 10% of all working bands today, which says more about the greatness of the Stones moreso than that of the Crowes.

I have seen the Crowes several times very solid band - but I know it is highly unlikely I will be seeing them in 10 years, or still listening to their work in 20.

The Stones on the other hand - their work will be playing in my sound system until I go from this earth...
29th April 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>They are barely a shadow of what they used to be and you still flock to their mailed in performances night after night.<

Yeah, so?

What is it costing YOU for US to continue to go see Stones gigs? Why do you even give a shit what we do with our time and money? I didn't realize that I had to make my choices of seeing or not seeing the Stones with YOU in mind.

You are an arrogant prick. There's some "truth" for ya.

Not that anyone should really care, but here is why I chose to go see the Stones 5 times on the ABB tour. Ready, here it goes.

It's fun.

Pretty fuckin' simple.

Yeah, it ain't '72 anymore. Big fuckin' deal. Stones shows are still a fun time, and I get to hang out with my internet pals.

So piss off. It's my money, and I'll spend it however I see fit to spend it.

my night in shining armour!
29th April 2006 04:32 PM
Bloozehound the Stones are a fuckin joke

an oldies act

ABB was the nail in the coffin

the price they charge for tickets to their vegas act you'd think they'd at least pass out free Depends and valet wheelchair parking
[Edited by Bloozehound]
29th April 2006 06:06 PM
mportera [quote]Saint Sway wrote:
I see folks here are finally coming to their senses and getting a grip on the FACT that:
• The Stones guitarist have lost it
• The Stones are money whores
• The modern Stones (Steel Wheels > ABB) is a Vegas smoke & mirrors show.
• Ronnie Wood is useless
• The set lists and the band are robotic and going thru the motions on "auto pilot" most nights
• they look like idiots - bad wardrobe, dye jobs...
etc...

Wait, I didn't get that. I actually like the Stones. Guess I'm uncool. Oh well.
29th April 2006 10:33 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Nobody asked but...

The Ten Commandments is an epic movie, the likes of which we will not see made again

Dan Abrams on PMSNBC uses a bad hair coloring

Ever listen to a talk show, and here a millionaire call in on a cell phone that sounds like it was created in the 80's?

US Postal Service is still a buy at .39 cents

I think Frozen Pudding ice cream is only topped by Ginger ice cream

Rory Gallagher is the most unappreciated blues guitarist around. Pick up Irish Tour '74 if you want a great lp..

The J Geils Band belongs in the Rock Hall Of Fame

Funny how Ted Kennedy assails Bush on his energy policy, then votes down a wind turbine plan off of Cape Cod. 1/2 the time he's on the Cape, at his digs, he's "Blinded By Chivas", so what gives?

I still am looking to know...
What type of can are the worms in?
Which arm is holding the apple?
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
Where is that confounded bridge?

Rosie O'Donnell back on tv is a health threat to America

And, for once and for all....

It is Rinse/Lather/Repeat, right?

now thats some funny shit... thanx
30th April 2006 01:13 PM
Taptrick
Somebody said Bobby Keys and Lisa Fischer are the biggest draw in the Stones lineup. Everybody funny - now u funny 2.

90% of a Stone's attending audience couldn't tell you who those two are by name, before or after a show. Don't you think if your idea was true Bobby and Lisa would be on their own world tour right now?

30th April 2006 05:15 PM
Paranoid_Android Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ron, Darryl etc... are and have been for quite sometime the BEST Rolling Stones cover band around...
30th April 2006 05:29 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
isn't there something more constructive we can be talking about?

YES!!

(Meanwhile, at the West Coast): "WHERE HAVE ALL THE "BROWNIES" GO? ME DON'T KNOW HOW TO CLEAN BOOTS!"

1st May 2006 07:50 AM
corgi37 Fancy going to a Stones fan site - and hating the Stones?

They are so old?

They aint as good as in 72?

Neither are any of us!

And, if i hear again about how great the Xerox Stones, aka, Black Crowes, are, i will pull out my pubes 1 by 1.

And, thats hard. As i shave!
1st May 2006 08:49 AM
gimmekeef This thread is like a bunch of pre-schoolers fightin in the sand box......Yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)