ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Fans UK 2006 Return to archive
27th April 2006 10:38 AM
SessionsMartin. A general welcome to all Stones fans in the UK and those travelling to it this summer for the concerts. Bob and I have got some events together that surround the London, Sheffield and Cardiff concerts. For full details check the web-site http://www.stonessessions.com/stonesfansuk2006/

Today I have added details of how to book a coach from London to Twickenham.

The Thames Boat trip on Monday August 21st is also being publicised on other sites so to be sure of your place book now. Those that attended it in 2003 had a real blast.

These are non-profit events. Any extra monies will be donated to a UK charity.

Martin.
27th April 2006 10:46 AM
Gazza thanks guys. Great job! see ya at The Cabbage Patch!
27th April 2006 12:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks for posting.

It's wonderful that some here put so much thought and consideration into helping everyone have the best time possible in our great city. Though, surely seeing the boys is enough of an experience itself!

As I'll be traveling up from Kent and will be getting the train back for the Tuesday gig, I have been wondering what the best option for getting back to centraol London is. I know that there is a tube station in Twickenham, but also that it's going to be heaving by the end of the show and it's right at the end of the line. Does anyone know how long it takes to get bsck this way and would a coach be quicker? I'll have 'till 12:10am when my last train leaves Victoria station. ONLY ONCE, have I ever missed it!
28th April 2006 05:55 PM
SessionsMartin. Only a dozen more spaces on the coach.

Martin.
28th April 2006 06:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
As I'll be traveling up from Kent and will be getting the train back for the Tuesday gig, I have been wondering what the best option for getting back to centraol London is. I know that there is a tube station in Twickenham, but also that it's going to be heaving by the end of the show and it's right at the end of the line. Does anyone know how long it takes to get bsck this way and would a coach be quicker? I'll have 'till 12:10am when my last train leaves Victoria station. ONLY ONCE, have I ever missed it!

There ISNT a tube station in Twickenham - although theres a national rail station as far as I know.

The nearest Tube station is Richmond, which would be a good 40-45 minute walk from Twickenham. Last time there were courtesy buses laid on to get people from Richmond to Twickenham and back again - but obviously you can expect to queue quite a bit after the show, which I would imagine will have to be over by no later than 10.30

If you're going back to central london in order to catch a train at Victoria to get out to your neck of the woods, I'd recommend you book yourself a seat on one of Martin's coaches.

[Edited by Gazza]
28th April 2006 06:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There ISNT a tube station in Twickenham - although theres a national rail station as far as I know.

The nearest Tube station is Richmond, which would be a good 40-45 minute walk from Twickenham. Last time there were courtesy buses laid on to get people from Richmond to Twickenham and back again - but obviously you can expect to queue quite a bit after the show, which I would imagine will have to be over by no later than 10.30

If you're going back to central london in order to catch a train at Victoria to get out to your neck of the woods, I'd recommend you book yourself a seat on one of Martin's coaches.

Well I could've swore that last time I saw people going in to a tube station after the show. It must've been the train station then. I'll be travelling in a car for the Sunday show and I don't yet know whether or not I'll be with anyone or on my lonesome for the Tuesday gig. It's all up in the air!

[Edited by Gazza]
29th April 2006 06:49 PM
jostorm Erm....sorry to contradict you, Gazza, but there is an "overground" Metro/Railway station at Twickenham. I know, 'cause my stepdaughter lives two minutes from it. It goes Richmond, Kew, Twickenham, if I remember correctly.....

And, before anyone else butts in in front of me:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAZZA !!!!!!!!!
Many happy returns!!!!
May Dylan recognise the injustice and give a Free Concert in Belfast just for you!
29th April 2006 09:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Erm....sorry to contradict you, Gazza, but there is an "overground" Metro/Railway station at Twickenham. I know, 'cause my stepdaughter lives two minutes from it. It goes Richmond, Kew, Twickenham, if I remember correctly.....

And, before anyone else butts in in front of me:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAZZA !!!!!!!!!
Many happy returns!!!!
May Dylan recognise the injustice and give a Free Concert in Belfast just for you!

LOL...nope, Richmond is the "end of the line". There is a national rail station however in Twickenham (see above) - at least this was the case when I stayed in Richmond for the Twickenham show 3 years ago

Its not my birthday for another month but thanks anyway, meine liebling. Good to see you postin' again.
30th April 2006 04:52 AM
jostorm Drat!! Must have been very stoned then....BUT the point is you CAN take a train to Twix, even if it ain't through a dark tunnel.....

And could you please send the present back??? I'll remail it next month!
1st May 2006 09:01 AM
oldkr Twick has a national train service as Gazza rghtly pointed out - you can go overground to Richmond

if you cant get on the train(or martins coach) walk to richmond its like a mile away and from there you can either jump a cab or take the tube

OLDKR
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)