ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ Murray Webb
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I saw the Strokes last night! Return to archive
27th April 2006 09:23 AM
Factory Girl The Strokes were FANTASTIC!! Played for more than 1.5 hours!! Julian went out into the crowd (crowd surfed) as he sang!

I saw Nick and Fab leave the venue as they boarded their bus. It was really exciting to see the guys up close! Fab is tiny!!

A FANTASTIC Show!! They are a great live band!!

FG!
27th April 2006 10:08 AM
Reptile "Ooh ooh, the Stones are getting tooo old, they only play 2 hour shows!!"

Bullshit.

By the way, nice to see you had fun there. They seem like a fun band.
[Edited by Reptile]
27th April 2006 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
The Strokes were FANTASTIC!! Played for more than 1.5 hours!! Julian went out into the crowd (crowd surfed) as he sang!

I saw Nick and Fab leave the venue as they boarded their bus. It was really exciting to see the guys up close! Fab is tiny!!

A FANTASTIC Show!! They are a great live band!!

FG!

Congratulations F.G. ( My little F.S.O. )

Cap'n Joey
27th April 2006 09:49 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
The Strokes were FANTASTIC!! Played for more than 1.5 hours!! Julian went out into the crowd (crowd surfed) as he sang!

\

I always knew "crowd surfing" would come back in style!!!
28th April 2006 01:33 PM
keefjunkie I saw The Strokes with Mates Of State back in '04, it was majestic.
28th April 2006 01:35 PM
Honky Tonk Man Glad you had ablast FG!

Does the new stuff sound good live?
28th April 2006 02:15 PM
Factory Girl Hello Everyone,

Yes, the new songs sound great live! The Strokes are not a studio band, but a live band!! The studio material does not do them justice.

If you get a chance, see them live. This was my third time sseing the Strokes, and they just keep getting better.

FG!
28th April 2006 02:28 PM
Factory Girl The Strokes From Washington Post.com 4/28/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was one of those price-of-admission moments when a rock star transforms from an iconic media abstraction into a living, breathing, sweating human being. As if on a whim, Julian Casablancas, the lanky frontman of the Strokes, hopped off the stage and into the aisles of Constitution Hall Wednesday, doling out hugs and high-fives to giddy fans.

His band mates, often accused of looking too stoic for their own good, zipped into their closing number, "Reptilia," while Casablancas clawed through the crowd toward the center of the room, climbing from seat back to seat back, tugging on a seemingly infinite supply of microphone cable. "Please don't slow me down if I'm going too fast," he howled, surrounded by a swarm of pumping fists and flashing camera phones. To quote the late Chris Farley: "That was awesome."

Granted, it took a while for the band's set to reach such heights. The performance was heavy with cuts from the new album, "First Impressions of Earth" -- a collection of tunes that aren't nearly as sharp (or as fun) as the quintet's earlier material. The band managed, however, to breathe some fire into them onstage, no thanks to the notoriously dreadful acoustics of Constitution Hall. Ripping through "Heart in a Cage," Casablancas's already moody bellow was muddled into an incomprehensible murk.

"Ze-huuhhhh-eeees-innus-ayyy," he seemed to sing into the cavernous void. (Translation: "The heart beats in its cage.")

His band battled back, delivering airtight renditions of their older, snappier songs, including "Take It or Leave It" and "Hard to Explain." It didn't matter if the crowd could hear what Casablancas was singing during these numbers. They already knew every word.

-- Chris Richards

29th April 2006 06:15 PM
mportera I saw the Strokes on their "Is This It" tour - they only played the LP plus a new song "Meet me in the bathroom". It was easily one of the best shows of the last 10 years I've seen. They've got the chops, the hooks, 2 guitars, whats not to get? Plus they (- Julian) were all super nice, even the manager dude.
29th April 2006 07:16 PM
TornAndFrayed Saw them in 2002 at the peak of the "Is This It" hype. 50 minutes set, tight rock nīroll, no encore. Brilliant. Still one of the greatest, wildest and sweatiest shows I have ever seen.
The new album is fantastic (their best so far), easily one of my favorites of the year and I canīt wait to see them again on 06-26.
1st May 2006 11:21 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
mportera wrote:
I saw the Strokes on their "Is This It" tour - they only played the LP plus a new song "Meet me in the bathroom". It was easily one of the best shows of the last 10 years I've seen. They've got the chops, the hooks, 2 guitars, whats not to get? Plus they (- Julian) were all super nice, even the manager dude.

I was at their first show in France.
55 minutes of total rock n roll, Julian was washed up but sung beautifully.
Band was on fire, not a hype thing, even if the place was full of fashioned sucking rock critics (typical Paris)...

about their last record, it's sometimes great but sometimes it s very hard to listen..
Anyway ,glad our dear FG had a good time!!
1st May 2006 11:33 AM
nanatod It's rumored that the Strokes will be added to the Lollapalooza lineup.
1st May 2006 12:48 PM
Factory Girl I think its best to see the Strokes in a relatively small club. I'm not big on all-day festivals such as Lalapalooza.

I think the Strokes are on fire this tour! I wish I could follow them from city to city.

Could someone please post recent Strokes pix?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)