ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamacitas buenonas of Rocks Off
Happy Mother's Day!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2 concerts at Fenway approved for Stones Return to archive
April 30th, 2005 08:13 AM
Nellcote One Step Closer......

2 concerts at Fenway approved for Stones
Officials await word that rock group is coming
By Madison Park, Globe Correspondent | April 30, 2005

Boston officials have given official approval for two summer concerts at Fenway Park featuring the Rolling Stones.

But don't get the idea that seals the deal.

Licensing officials said yesterday they are not absolutely certain the legendary rock band is coming, but they issued a permit based on generous hints from Fenway.

''This decision was written on the premise it was the Rolling Stones," said Patricia Malone, director of the city's Consumer Affairs and Licensing Division, who made the decision this week. ''The concert has been approved with some information that still hasn't gotten to me. The agreement is written up so it only covers the Rolling Stones. But I have no official notification of that."

If the Stones aren't heading to Fenway this summer, then ballpark officials face another public hearing and another permit decision, Malone said.

Yesterday, Larry Cancro, vice president of Fenway Affairs, said he could not reveal the identity of the concert's main performers because of legal obligations.

Fenway officials have said that only the artist can make that announcement, which is expected next month.

Cancro threw in one more hint:

''While I'm not at liberty to say who the band is, here at Fenway Park, here in 2005, they will give their fans as much satisfaction as they did in the 1960s, '70s, '80s, and '90s."

The Stones recorded ''(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" in 1965.

The concerts are scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 21, and Tuesday, Aug. 23.
April 30th, 2005 08:28 AM
lotsajizz get yer Four Seasons reservations people!!!
April 30th, 2005 08:28 AM
nankerphelge Tingle tingle
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour