ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamacitas buenonas of Rocks Off
Happy Mother's Day!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elton wept Return to archive
April 25th, 2005 09:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm all choked up.....

ELTON WEPT THROUGHOUT ELLIOT MUSICAL

Flamboyant rocker SIR ELTON JOHN wept throughout the recent premiere of his stage musical BILLY ELLIOT - because the plot closely mirrored his own childhood struggle to realise his dream.

The ROCKET MAN was so impressed by the award-winning movie about a young boy who battles against his working class family to fulfil his ambition of becoming a ballerina, he made it into a musical.

But John was overcome with emotion at last month's (MAR05) preview performance at London's Victoria Palace Theatre, because it brought back poignant memories of his own battle to become a successful singer.

He says, "I could barely watch it. I was crying so much. It moved me because I could see myself in Billy.

"It was like my own childhood and how I broke out into my dream. All those characters, like the dad, I recognised as people in my past. I've never connected so emotionally with anything like it before."

25/04/2005 13:55

April 25th, 2005 10:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
:
It moved me because I could see myself in Billy.

Here y'go, Elton....

[Edited by Gazza]
April 25th, 2005 11:46 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Here y'go, Elton....

[Edited by Gazza]

I thought " KY JELLY " was for A##HOLES ?!?!?!

Shiver ...............................................
April 25th, 2005 12:09 PM
Nellcote Gazza, is that the jar Wacko Jacko summoned his bodyguard to bring to the parlor one hot, sweaty, sultry summer evening? God, the more I think of this with the evidence which is out about Jacko, we really should find out the circumstances under which "State of Shock" was recorded, so as to know for sure Jagger was watched during those sessions...
April 25th, 2005 01:10 PM
gimmekeef Nellcote...why do think it was called "State of Shock"?
April 25th, 2005 01:46 PM
egon one more time...;

April 25th, 2005 01:50 PM
MrPleasant LOL!

I read somewhere that once he wore a suit made of wood. The dumbass couldn't move.
April 25th, 2005 07:21 PM
Soldatti LOL!
The first pic is most important than the air, isn't it Elton?
April 25th, 2005 07:49 PM
Surround Sister Holy Moses*!
And I thought I was suffering of homofobia.
Once in Ireland I met a hostal warden, a former woodman, I asked him of his opinions of Elton (guess he was on a peak at then); "You should hang him in a high tree". As a matter of a fact I saw this artist in my country´s capital in 1970 (could have been 1969; but I want to believe it was in ´70); totally unknown. He did some great stuff during the first years of his career.

* any similarity with Elton John´s lyrics is just a coincidence.
[Edited by Surround Sister]
April 25th, 2005 11:34 PM
corgi37 Judging by many of Elton's outfits, and outburts, i'd say he's "done some great stuff" for just about ALL of his career.

Glad he's getting married though.
April 26th, 2005 04:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Holy Moses*!
And I thought I was suffering of homofobia.
Once in Ireland I met a hostal warden, a former woodman, I asked him of his opinions of Elton (guess he was on a peak at then); "You should hang him in a high tree". As a matter of a fact I saw this artist in my country´s capital in 1970 (could have been 1969; but I want to believe it was in ´70); totally unknown. He did some great stuff during the first years of his career.

* any similarity with Elton John´s lyrics is just a coincidence.
[Edited by Surround Sister]

Its not homophobia. It's a double entendre. Personally I couldnt give a fuck who or what he or anyone else sleeps with. Each to their own.
April 26th, 2005 10:36 AM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
The dumbass couldn't move.

Oh, OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************* END TRANSMISSION ******************
April 27th, 2005 05:17 PM
CraigP Sure Elton wept, he's a TOOL. Up the controversy!
[Edited by CraigP]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour