ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamacitas buenonas of Rocks Off
Happy Mother's Day!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones questions????????????? Return to archive
April 20th, 2005 02:03 PM
gustavobala 1- M. Taylor is sit down in a chair in back coverart of "get yer ya ya's out"?

2- stones on hyde park is the worst stone's show in "M.Taylor years"?

3- can you hear something of M. Taylor guitar on Kansas City - 12/14/1981 bootleg (kc'81, crossfire hurricane, guitar onslaught...etc)

3-who is the best boot, in your opinion, from 67 tour and 70 tour? 70 tour i find "midnight ramblerS" better, but i hear many boots....

4-keith plays bass in 75 tour in whath musics?

5- what guitars keith use in the earlies until 75 tour? after, only fenders?

6- charlie only use gretch drums until today?

7- stones "overdubbing" all musics in love you live - 1977?

8- someone knows in what album of Billy Preston are the music who play in stones tour in 75 and 76 tours (nothing fo nothing, outta space, that's life)

9- M Taylor plays on Billy Preston live album from 73?
[Edited by gustavobala]
April 24th, 2005 02:17 AM
gustavobala no one can help me?
April 24th, 2005 02:30 AM
Zack
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
1- M. Taylor is sit down in a chair in back coverart of "get yer ya ya's out"?

3- can you hear something of M. Taylor guitar on Kansas City - 12/14/1981 bootleg (kc'81, crossfire hurricane, guitar onslaught...etc)

3-who is the best boot, in your opinion, from 67 tour and 70 tour? 70 tour i find "midnight ramblerS" better, but i hear many boots....

8- someone knows in what album of Billy Preston are the music who play in stones tour in 75 and 76 tours (nothing fo nothing, outta space, that's life)

[Edited by gustavobala]

1. Could be backstage, but remember he sat for a bit during SFTD at Hyde Park

2. Probably. They were very rusty and Keith's Flying V wouldn't stay in tune. Plus the amplification was not sufficient for the venue.

4. Fingerprint File they switch instruments. Bill to synth and Woody to bass, I think.

5. He used lots of Les Pauls in 72, plus a Strat for Brown Sugar

7. Lots of overdubbing but not completely. Something on every cut, but not everything on some cuts.

9. MT played in Billy's opening set during fall 73. That's where he wore the afro wig.
April 25th, 2005 05:44 PM
gustavobala thanxs a lot Zack!!!!

April 25th, 2005 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
thanxs a lot Zack!!!!

http://rockpassion.com/live2.htm
April 25th, 2005 06:23 PM
Vinyl kills Anybody have any pics of Mick Taylor sporting the afro wig? Would love to see that.
April 25th, 2005 06:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

[Edited by gustavobala]

By the way, you have TWO question number 3's!!

1. The Stones did a couple of acoustic songs on this tour, such as You gotta Move and Prodigal Son. They would sit down and play them on stools.

2. probably!

3a. yes. More so on the audience recordings than the soundboard I believe

3b. 1967 - Paris 11.4.67 although none are that good. From 1970, "Ice cream in the foyer" (Essen), Paris 3rd show and maybe Berlin.

4. I dont think he's on bass on any songs. Ronnie plays bass on Fingerprint File though

5. Dunno
6. I think so
7. see http://home.datacomm.ch/mik/ba/r/rolling_stones/charlie/texts/stilllifeandloveyoulive.html

8. thats life is from "Its my life" (1975), Nothing from nothing is from "the kids and me" (1974), Outta space is from "I wrote a simple song" (1971)

You can get a discography here : http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=MIW050504251848&sql=11:wmf5zffheh2k~T2

9. Yes
April 26th, 2005 12:39 AM
beer
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

[Edited by gustavobala]

1. I think the pic of Taylor sittin down is from Stephen Stills house, where they stayed and practiced during the end of the US 1969 tour.

2. I disagree. The setlist was excellent, it was a sloppy performance, but some of their best ones are sorta sloppy.

-
April 26th, 2005 02:03 AM
Zack >3- can you hear something of M. Taylor guitar on Kansas City - 12/14/1981 bootleg (kc'81, crossfire hurricane, guitar onslaught...etc)

Listen close on Beast of Burden. He's in there somewhere.
April 26th, 2005 10:31 AM
gustavobala thanxs a lot again Zack, Gazza, Beer and Joey!

Joey, my computer is so slow, old...etc...who knows in the future?

Gazza, please see this:
http://www.rs-covers.com/_actions/displayimage.cfm?filename=rollingstones_db\vgp\stones__Eric_Clapton_and_his_rolling_stones_vgp315__front.jpg

Someone here (i can't remember who!) says was in Symphaty for the devil (Eric and Ronnie on guitars, Keith and Bill on Bass!)

but i not sure!

April 26th, 2005 10:53 AM
Gazza Ive seen that pic of Keith before (but not with Bill beside him) and knew it was from 1975-76 and it came to mind last night when I was answering your question,however I couldnt find anywhere that said Keith played bass on any song on the 75-76 tour.

If it's taken as you say at a show with Clapton, then it's from New York June 1975.
April 27th, 2005 02:19 PM
gustavobala thanxs a lot Gazza,

i believe Keith on bass in 75 tour, he likes bass too...lol

thanxs for billy discography...in brazil i just see 2 cd's from him and i don't bought them (

someone who is bootleg's audience in Kansas City 12.14.1981?

a- kc'81
b- crossfire hurricane
c- guitar onslaught

i think is the first time the audience is better than soundbourd...lol...wait, LA friday is audience and excellent too!!!!
April 28th, 2005 07:28 AM
John Wood Keith played bass for Sympathy For The Devil in 75 when either Clapton or Santana joined them on stage or maybe for both of theses guests!
April 28th, 2005 12:35 PM
gustavobala cool....thanxs john!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour