ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamacitas buenonas of Rocks Off
Happy Mother's Day!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paul McCartney to announce 2005 Tour Dates THIS WEEK .......... ( NSC ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
April 11th, 2005 10:40 AM
Joey Hello Me Stones' Brothers and Sisters ..................

Get Your Checkbooks Ready !!!! :

" Paul McCartney will tour the US this fall.
An official announcement with tour dates is expected this week. "

" Paul McCartney US TOUR - CONFIRMED DATES!!!

" Portland, Oregon - FRIDAY November 4 (Rose Garden) Confirmed Onsale 4/23/05 11am PT
Sacramento, CA - WEDNESDAY November 16 (Arco Arena) Confirmed Onsale 4/30/05 10am PT "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" UNCONFIRMED!!! VENUES AND CITIES!!

Miami - September 16 - date not confirmed or venue (American Airlines Arena) subject to change
Atlanta
Washington DC (MCI -October 8)
Boston - TD Banknorth Garden (formerly Fleet Center)
New York (Madison Square Garden)
Cincinnati
Milwaukee
Chicago (United Center -October)
Toronto (Air Canada Centre - October 10)
St. Paul/Minneapolis
Des Moines (opening the Wells Fargo Arena)
Omaha ( Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat QWEST CENTER ARENA )
Houston - November 16 (Toyota Center) Confirmed
Dallas - November 19 (American Airlines Center) Confirmed
Denver (Pepsi Center - November)
Las Vegas (MGM Grand - November)
Sacramento, CA
Los Angeles - November 30 - date not confirmed (Staples Center or Hollywood Bowl) subject to change
Mexico City - 2006
Australia/New Zealand - 2006
Japan - 2006 "

http://homepage.mac.com/paul_mccartney/macca_report/news.htm#anchor299674

Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by Krispie ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 11th, 2005 10:43 AM
Nellcote Joey;

I did not know Murder She Wrote got picked up by some network?
April 11th, 2005 12:47 PM
Joey

Nellcote ..........................................

You make Joey say , ........................Huh ?!?!

Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars per ticket for MACCA is a Bargain ---- the best I've ever HAD !!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jazzy ! ™

[ Edited by Pete Townshend ]
[Edited by Joey]
April 11th, 2005 04:51 PM
egon joey,

you must be excited.

did you write those posts with your erect penis?

the question of course is; will JB let you go see sir paul...?
April 11th, 2005 05:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
joey,

you must be excited.

did you write those posts with your erect penis?

the question of course is; will JB let you go see sir paul...?

jb wholeheartedly does not approve of this. this may be his reason to return to the board to talk Joey out of doing this. We keep Joeykins in our thoughts!
April 12th, 2005 09:33 AM
Joey Baby Josh is NO admirer of MACCA !

.........He just ain't !

Egon -- You Drunk yet ?!?!?!

[ Edited by Curscee Joe ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 12th, 2005 10:30 AM
egon joey,

i'm having the day off.
the girlfriend thinks i'm doing some DIY in the house,
but you and i of course know better....
April 14th, 2005 11:34 AM
Joey
http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/paul2005tour725.html

" He's so excited he can ' taste ' it Ronnie !!! "

J.

[Edited by Joey]
April 14th, 2005 07:52 PM
glencar The most interesting thing about Macca's tour date list is that the Boston Fleet Center has changed its name. Odd, that.
April 15th, 2005 09:24 AM
gimmekeef Gee cant wait...hope he does a two hour version of Uncle Albert!......(sure!!!!).....
April 15th, 2005 09:30 AM
Joey

BEST MACCA YET !!!!
April 15th, 2005 09:42 AM
glencar That's like saying BEST PORRIDGE YET!!!
April 15th, 2005 10:38 AM
Joey " That's like saying BEST PORRIDGE YET!!! "

< -------------W- W- W- What ?!?! ...........Oh , of course !!! :

" Update (4/15/05)
Brian Miles suggests that if Paul is announcing his tour plans formally, it's a good bet he'd do it in conjunction with his being in New York next week for the Paul Newman charity benefit on April 21. "Ever the master promoter, there's a pretty good bet he'll make the rounds on the morning talk shows and Larry King if he's announcing a tour. So, it makes sense they'd do it when he's already in the U.S." That wouldn't suprise us. "

April 15th, 2005 10:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" That's like saying BEST PORRIDGE YET!!! "

< -------------W- W- W- What ?!?! ...........Oh , of course !!! :

" Update (4/15/05)
Brian Miles suggests that if Paul is announcing his tour plans formally, it's a good bet he'd do it in conjunction with his being in New York next week for the Paul Newman charity benefit on April 21. "Ever the master promoter, there's a pretty good bet he'll make the rounds on the morning talk shows and Larry King if he's announcing a tour. So, it makes sense they'd do it when he's already in the U.S." That wouldn't suprise us. "

This entire display is disgusting your comrade in Boca Raton
April 15th, 2005 10:51 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This entire display is disgusting your comrade in Boca Raton

Josh is the only Jew on this orb who despises MACCA .

.....even Sharon is perplexed by our Baby Joshy's intransigence on the issue .

Personally , I am quite visibally shaken to the core and this continued ' disturbance in the force ' has led to increased drinking on my part resulting in the following ailments :

Benign fasciculations, stomach pain , flank pain , stress related disorders ( see : rectal irritation..... ) , I.B.S. , an EXTREMELY shy bladder , blood in me urine / stool , coughing up blood , mass in the pit of me stomach , and hives .

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php

Jacky ! ™
April 15th, 2005 12:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Josh is the only Jew on this orb who despises MACCA .

.....even Sharon is perplexed by our Baby Joshy's intransigence on the issue .

Personally , I am quite visibally shaken to the core and this continued ' disturbance in the force ' has led to increased drinking on my part resulting in the following ailments :

Benign fasciculations, stomach pain , flank pain , stress related disorders ( see : rectal irritation..... ) , I.B.S. , an EXTREMELY shy bladder , blood in me urine / stool , coughing up blood , mass in the pit of me stomach , and hives .

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php

Jacky ! ™

Has Michael Vick visited you recently too?
April 16th, 2005 11:49 PM
BrianJonesForever
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gee cant wait...hope he does a two hour version of Uncle Albert!......(sure!!!!).....

Its now the GAaaaaaaaden. I was driving up to my dad's restaurant in boston and I saw the big sign on the fleet center. Its great, we can call it the Garden again. Ah the good ol' days when I was 11 in 94 and went to Celtics games, sitting in those uncomfortable orange seats.
April 18th, 2005 09:46 AM
Joey
PAUL McCARTNEY ­ THE 'US' TOUR

DATE CITY VENUE
Friday, September 16th Miami American Airlines Arena
Saturday, September 17th Tampa St. Pete Times Forum
Tuesday, September 20th Atlanta Philips Arena
Thursday, September 22nd Philadelphia Wachovia Center
Monday, September 26th Boston FleetCenter
Friday, September 30th New York Madison Square Garden
Saturday, October 1st New York Madison Square Garden
Saturday, October 8th Washington DC MCI Center
Monday, October 10th Toronto Air Canada Centre
Friday, October 14th Detroit The Palace
Tuesday, October 18th Chicago United Center
Saturday, October 22nd Columbus Value City Arena
Sunday, October 23rd Milwaukee Bradley Center
Wednesday, October 26th St. Paul Xcel Energy Center
Thursday, October 27th Des Moines Wells Fargo Arena
Sunday, October 30th Omaha Qwest Center
Tuesday, November 1st Denver The Pepsi Center
Thursday, November 3rd Seattle KeyArena
Friday, November 4th Portland Rose Garden
Monday, November 7th San Jose HP Pavilion
Friday, November 11th Anaheim Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim
Wednesday, November 16th Sacramento ARCO Arena
Saturday, November 19th Houston Toyota Center
Sunday, November 20th Dallas American Airlines Center
Wednesday, November 23rd Phoenix Glendale Arena
Friday, November 25th Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena
Saturday, November 26th Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena

'US' will rock and roll through the United States for 28 performances that will span a nearly 11-week period before its close on Tuesday, November 29th at Los Angeles' STAPLES Center. While highlights include return visits to Boston's Fleet Center, New York's Madison Square Garden, Chicago's United Center and Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena, 'US' will mark a first for some. On Thursday, October 27th and on Sunday, October 30th, Des Moines, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska will experience their first EVER Paul McCartney performance (including Beatles and Wings). In addition, Miami and Seattle, amongst other cities, will celebrate McCartney's return after nearly 15 years."

http://www.photos.mccartney.net/report.htm

April 18th, 2005 09:50 AM
Jumping Jack When do tickets go on sale and do you have to join a fan club to get decent seats?
April 18th, 2005 02:20 PM
Joey
" Thursday, October 27th Des Moines Wells Fargo Arena
Sunday, October 30th Omaha Qwest Center "

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=All&Content=Paul+McCartney+&go_green.x=9&go_green.y=9

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1458&u_sid=1389155

"I'm looking forward to getting back on the road," McCartney said in a press statement. "But I'm especially looking forward to our first show in Omaha. It will be a special night that I hope our fans there won't ever forget."

Poor Fiji ..............................

This has just GOT to hurt !!!!!!!!!

Now it is both Omaha & Des Moines kicking sand in K.C. 's face --- Unfrigginbelievable !!!!!!

I never thought this day would come !!!!!!

" Kansas City gets left out - in - the - cold again Ronnie ! "

Jacky ! ™

April 18th, 2005 02:28 PM
glimmertwin50 Here is the official press release with dates:

McCARTNEY RETURNS TO ROCK WITH ‘US’

ALL NEW Beatles, Wings and Solo Concert Tour To Launch In Miami On September 16th; Coincides With New Album Release

Paul McCartney is ready to rock with ‘US’ this fall, nearly four years after his critically hailed, Billboard Magazine Concert Tour of the Year, ‘Back In the U.S.’ swept through the U.S. Since his return to the stage in 2002, after a decade long performance hiatus, millions from countries across the globe have experienced his sold-out concerts.

But Americans can expect the unexpected when ‘US’ kicks off at Miami’s American Airlines Arena on Friday, September 16th. The all-new tour, which is planned to coincide with a new McCartney recording, will be highlighted by the classics from McCartney’s Beatles, Wings and solo career, as well as songs that have yet to be or haven’t been performed on American soil in nearly 15 years.

“We are looking forward to playing again in America,” said McCartney. “They know how to have a good time and we’re there to give it to them. It’ll be fun to visit some new places, to see some old faces and to do things a bit differently this time. We’re ready to rock.”

‘US’ will rock and roll through the United States for 28 performances that will span a nearly 11-week period before its close on Tuesday, November 29th at Los Angeles’ STAPLES Center. While highlights include return visits to Boston’s Fleet Center, New York’s Madison Square Garden, Chicago’s United Center and Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena, ‘US’ will mark a first for some. On Thursday, October 27th and on Sunday, October 30th, Des Moines, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska will experience their first EVER Paul McCartney performance (including Beatles and Wings). In addition, Miami and Seattle, amongst other cities, will celebrate McCartney’s return after nearly 15 years.

If McCartney’s appearance at Superbowl XXXIX or his last concert in front of 125,000 muddied fans at England’s prestigious Glastonbury Festival (NME Magazine’s Best Event for 2005) are any indication, fans can expect to see another groundbreaking production.

“Only McCartney can top McCartney,” said Brad Wavra, ClearChannel Entertainment. “But if you think you’ve already seen him, think again.”

AEG/Concerts West representative Paul Gongaware added: “Half the fun of this tour is wondering which songs he’s going to play. There’s so much that we didn’t see in 2002.”

McCartney’s band mates Abe Laboriel, Jr. (drums), Rusty Anderson (guitar), Brian Ray (guitar and bass) and Paul “Wix” Wickens (keyboards) return for ‘US.’

Tickets for Paul McCartney’s ‘US’ Tour go on sale beginning Saturday, April 23rd. Check local listing for details. For more information about ‘US’ go to www.paulmccartney.com.

Lexus will be the presenting sponsor of the ‘US’ Tour.

“I’m very pleased to be a part of this new project with Lexus because I think there is a natural fit,” said McCartney.

PAUL McCARTNEY – THE ‘US’ TOUR

DATE CITY VENUE
Friday, September 16th Miami American Airlines Arena
Saturday, September 17th Tampa St. Pete Times Forum
Tuesday, September 20th Atlanta Philips Arena
Thursday, September 22nd Philadelphia Wachovia Center
Monday, September 26th Boston FleetCenter
Friday, September 30th New York Madison Square Garden
Saturday, October 1st New York Madison Square Garden
Saturday, October 8th Washington DC MCI Center
Friday, October 14th Detroit The Palace
Tuesday, October 18th Chicago United Center
Saturday, October 22nd Columbus Value City Arena
Sunday, October 23rd Milwaukee Bradley Center
Wednesday, October 26th St. Paul Xcel Energy Center
Thursday, October 27th Des Moines Wells Fargo Arena
Sunday, October 30th Omaha Qwest Center
Tuesday, November 1st Denver The Pepsi Center
Thursday, November 3rd Seattle KeyArena
Friday, November 4th Portland Rose Garden
Monday, November 7th San Jose HP Pavilion
Friday, November 11th Anaheim Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim
Wednesday, November 16th Sacramento ARCO Arena
Saturday, November 19th Houston Toyota Center
Sunday, November 20th Dallas American Airlines Center
Wednesday, November 23rd Phoenix Glendale Arena
Friday, November 25th Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena
Saturday, November 26th Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena
Tuesday, November 29th Los Angeles STAPLES Center

April 18th, 2005 07:16 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glimmertwin50 wrote:
Here is the official press release with dates:

Nicely done, Mac. Play the only Canadian show on Canada's Thanksgiving! Sure, I'll skip out on the turkey and my family to come see you...

Dumb.
April 19th, 2005 02:09 PM
Joey

Whoops ! ™

Hey , how(e) is Canada these days ?!?! ......Haven't been there since Vietnam !

J. ™

[ Edited by the Sprint Center ( circa 2009 )]
[Edited by Joey]
April 21st, 2005 04:31 PM
Jumping Jack Looks like there will be a pre-sale to club members. I wonder what percentage of sales will be reserved for these. They will mot allow new registrations at this time.

I wonder if the Stones will do this as well and whether it is worth joining RS.com? Any thoughts?
April 21st, 2005 04:35 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
whether it is worth joining RS.com? Any thoughts?

Oh Yeah !!!! .... I would join up immediately

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06003A478109B93D?artistid=735610&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

[Edited by Joey]
April 21st, 2005 05:42 PM
Jumping Jack They won't let you sign up now that the tour has been announced. Anyone already a member that can help me?
April 21st, 2005 05:47 PM
Joey " They won't let you sign up now that the tour has been announced. "

I mean RS.com
April 21st, 2005 06:00 PM
Jumping Jack Screw Macca, I'll give Mick an extra hundred I guess. Bastards always milk me dry, LOL!
April 21st, 2005 11:52 PM
Prodigal Son Notice how the terms "one more tour," "wrinkled rocker(s)," "nostalgia act" and "money grab" never get mentioned in the media when it comes to Paulie NEARLY as much as when the Stones tour. This media fascination is really sickening... and I love the Beatles/Macca (except post-1970 he pretty much blows). Makes you see it a little bit from good 'ol jb's point of view. The media is so extra-nice to him because he keeps peddling Beatle tunes to the masses in cookie-cutter confectionary versions (I heard stuff from his tour and it is crap, Robert Christgau gave it an aptly deserved D)at outlandish prices.

At least with the Stones you'll get to hear new stuff (soon!) and rarities which are a delight to hear live. Macca has a lot to choose from but 50% of his recorded material stinks so he trouts out Beatle tunes and not even rarities!!! Just the basics. And always some early 50s inspired number-sappy ballad-solo dedication to John and George-Wings hit-Beatle hit.

The next step is for him to reclaim the songwriting catalogue. He wants it for the honour not for the money. But he's been touring to make the money to buy it back from Wacko Jacko behind the same nostalgia act for years. Sure, he releases albums more frequently than the Stones but it's just the living off of the 60s act that upsets me. Who can blame Macca, I guess. He makes huge cash, people will still pay to see him for some reason and the formula works (for the masses). Had the Beatles broken up in 1985, this would be a lot less lucrative. I'd rather have seen a reunion tour if the dead two were still around. At least that would be authentic and non-nauseating, to me.

Abscence makes the heart grow fonder I suppose. Look at the inexplicable adoration lauded upon disbanded groups that have never come back or decided to do reunion tours. In the general public's eye:
Stones, AC/DC, reunions like the Sex Pistols, other still-going 70s acts: washed up, tired, repetitive relics.
Eagles, Led Zep, Beatles (the latter two being good, however), Boston and a bunch of "classic" bands that broke up long ago: Respected for their legend and music and salivated over by the consumer whenever a cheap hits collection, boxed set of worthless crap (some Eagles the Complete Recordings would prolly be the best-selling box set ever while the best one ever, the one-day Archives Be Damned of Neil Young's, will be ignored) and tribute multimedia thing gets released.
I'd be annoyed if this was the attention given to the Stones and they broke up in 1973 or something. But they didn't and I value that more than the overhyped praise some long gone forces in music still get in general.

I guess the real reason Paul's dominance annoys me is that he's ceased to be relevant long ago while his band broke up, two guys died and now he's uncontested into doing whatever he wants with the Beatles legacy (here's hoping, and I know this sounds weird, that the lesser of two evils Yoko, outlives him). If he gets the rights! Which he someday will.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
April 22nd, 2005 12:46 AM
MrPleasant The way Paul himself underrates his REMARKABLE solo career (there, I said it! - as a melody writer, he gave a lot in he seventies), by eulogizing The Beatles in his concerts, can become irritating.

But that's my problem, anyway.

Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour