ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards Goes Easy Return to archive
April 29th, 2004 04:58 PM
moy from bill german's list:

Hi Everyone,

Just a quickie about some updates at Beggars Banquet Online.

On the "Decades" page, the Stones go clubbing.

On the "Tour" page, the Stones get a running start for their upcoming tour: Keith does the Big Easy and just might play with his Willie.

See ya there. www.BeggarsBanquetOnline.com

Yours,
Bill German
April 29th, 2004 05:06 PM
erikjjf Running Start

(April 29, 2004) -- The Stones are still on target to launch a tour in a little less than a year. And no small tour, either. They're planning a full-fledged hundred-date-or-so extravaganza that could, like their "Licks" tour, hit small theatres and indoor arenas, in addition to the expected stadiums.

To get a running start, the individual Stones have been keeping busy with solo projects and guest work.

The other night (April 27), Keith took the stage of the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, as part of the star-studded "Make It Funky" concert. With a house band that included his former Winos mate, Steve Jordan, on drums, Keith ran through Fats Domino's "I'm Ready" and Guitar Slim's "The Things I Used To Do." Keith was in fine form (despite flubbing a few lyrics), and his performance might be included in a documentary titled, "Southern Nights," about the Big Easy music scene.

Also, don't be too surprised if Keith turns up in Los Angeles next week, as one of Willie Nelson's "friends" at the Wiltern Theatre. Willie & Friends will light up the joint next Sunday and Wednesday, May 2 and May 5. The latter show will be telecast over the USA-TV network, May 31. Two years ago, Keith had a great time when he partook in Willie's first annual "Willie And Friends" TV concert, so he's tempted to do it again (perhaps with his pal Toots Hibbert at his side), if logistics permit.

Charlie, meanwhile, has just completed a round of dates at the legendary Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London. The Charlie Watts Tentet took up residence for twelve nights, ending April 17. Charlie surprised his audiences (which included Ronnie Wood on the final night, and Marianne Faithull somewhere in the middle) by striking up jazz standards like, "You Can't Always Get What You Want," "Start Me Up," and "Satisfaction."

The band's upcoming CD, "Charlie Watts and His Tentet," is slated for a June unveiling. (It was recorded during their 2001 stint at the same club.) Charlie had some concerts booked for July in places like Austria, Germany, and Spain, but he canceled them in anticipation of studio work with the Stones.

As for Ronnie, he's put in a slew of guest appearances this month and is ready for more. He's booked to play with Rod Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl on August 30. (It's expected that the Stones' sessions will be on a break or finished by then.) And don't be caught off guard if you're watching Ian McLagan's show this Saturday (May 1) at London's Mean Fiddler pub and you spot Mr. Wood. No guarantees, but ya never know.

In London earlier this month, Woody practically moved into the Royal Albert Hall. On April 8, he joined the likes of Pete Townshend and Chris Jagger at a tribute concert for his former Faces mate, the late great Ronnie Lane. Woody took on "Ooh La La," before returning to the stage with former Face, Kenney Jones, to perform "Stay With Me" and "Had Me A Real Good Time."

It marked the third time in ten days that Ronnie graced the stage of Albert Hall. On April 1, he (and his kids Jesse and Leah) did a guest turn at Jools Holland's concert. They performed "Ooh La La." And two days prior to that, March 30, Ronnie played three numbers with the Stereophonics, including -- what else? -- "Ooh La La."

Management at the Albert Hall did offer Ronnie a cot in the back, but he chose to commute.

As for Mick, he too has taken to the stage recently, but not to perform. At last month's Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony in New York (March 15, at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel), Mick stepped up to the podium to induct Rolling Stone Magazine founder, Jann Wenner, into the Hall. "This is a heartfelt occasion," said Mick, tongue planted firmly in cheek, "And I'll treasure the memory all the way to the airport."

Keith was there, too, and he hung out briefly with Mick at a table near the stage. Keith was tapped to induct ZZ Top. "These cats know the blues and know how to dress it up," he said of the bearded clan. "But the first time I saw them, I said, 'These guys better not be on the run, 'cause those disguises won't work.'"

At the end of the ceremony, Keith partook in the obligatory all-star jam (doing "Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller" and "Feelin' Alright" alongside Tom Petty and Jackson Browne), but Mick was already headed to the airport.

Stay tuned.
April 29th, 2004 05:16 PM
mac_daddy nice update - thanks.
April 29th, 2004 06:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Running Start
(April 29, 2004) -- The Stones are still on target to launch a tour in a little less than a year. And no small tour, either. They're planning a full-fledged hundred-date-or-so extravaganza that could, like their "Licks" tour, hit small theatres and indoor arenas, in addition to the expected stadiums.

German didn't mention "the album" though huh? I'm not saying that this will be the last tour or anything but just in case, it seems that boys intend to go out in a blaze of glory.
April 29th, 2004 07:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Also, don't be too surprised if Keith turns up in Los Angeles next week, as one of Willie Nelson's "friends" at the Wiltern Theatre. Willie & Friends will light up the joint next Sunday and Wednesday, May 2 and May 5. The latter show will be telecast over the USA-TV network, May 31. Two years ago, Keith had a great time when he partook in Willie's first annual "Willie And Friends" TV concert, so he's tempted to do it again (perhaps with his pal Toots Hibbert at his side), if logistics permit.

Huh, makes me wonder if Keith won't show up at some of these Bob Dylan/Willie Nelson baseball park gigs?
April 29th, 2004 08:42 PM
Daethgod Man don't ya love the Stones sense of humour ...

"Mick stepped up to the podium to induct Rolling Stone Magazine founder, Jann Wenner, into the Hall. "This is a heartfelt occasion," said Mick, tongue planted firmly in cheek, "And I'll treasure the memory all the way to the airport."

heheheheheh

Keith was tapped to induct ZZ Top. "These cats know the blues and know how to dress it up," he said of the bearded clan. "But the first time I saw them, I said, 'These guys better not be on the run, 'cause those disguises won't work.'"

funny stuff !
April 29th, 2004 09:10 PM
LadyJane I'm getting tingly!!

This is such good news!!

"There will be a next time.....There will be a next time...There will be a next time........

LJ.
April 29th, 2004 11:31 PM
Bloozehound I had thought about attending this years jazz and heritage show but didn't. I heard on the radio a week or so ago Keef was gonna make an appearance. S.O.B. If only I knew...
April 30th, 2004 04:39 AM
Monkey Woman I like Bill German's sense of humor too:
quote:
Charlie surprised his audiences ... by striking up jazz standards like, "You Can't Always Get What You Want," "Start Me Up," and "Satisfaction."