ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Reformed New York Dolls to play London in June Return to archive
April 29th, 2004 07:06 AM
patriceg Hi there
The reformed New York Dolls will play the Royal festival Hall on June 18th with former Guns n Roses' Izzy Stradlin on guitar.
More news on the Royal Festival hall website

Tom Kielty of The Boston Globe reports that: THE NEW YORK DOLLS are going to reunite at MORRISSEY's request.

The group, which in the early-to-mid 1970s combined glam looks with proto-punk attack, has accepted an invitation to perform in June at London's Meltdown festival after an invitation from the event's artistic director for this year, legendary British singer Morrissey.

"He called and said that he was the president of his local New York Dolls fan club as a kid," said Darren Hill of Ten Pin Management, who, in his role as singer David Johansen's manager, brought the band's surviving members together.

Johansen will be joined by original rhythm guitarist Sylvain Sylvain and bassist Arthur Kane, as well as former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin (standing in for the deceased Johnny Thunders) and LIBERTINES drummer Gary Powell (assuming a similar role for the late Jerry Nolan). Hill hinted at the possibility that other guests might join the band, including Chrissy Hynde and members of PRIMAL SCCREAM.

Hill said there was a possibility of future performances, but characterized that speculation as premature.

"They have not been in the same room for years," Hill said, though he added, "There has been absolutely no animosity in our discussions."

April 29th, 2004 11:27 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff I always loved NYD,
I knew Johnny Thunders in 1988 , when he came in Italy,he was a real rocker, no-pose very-stoned...
David Johansen aka Buster Pointdexter aka David and Harry Smiths...well, now he's going to change again...but Time isn't on his side, the DOLLS were too freakin' in that shot of time, '76 to '77...
Fabio
April 29th, 2004 11:46 AM
Nasty Habits I'm sorry, but the idea of the New York Dolls without Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan is like the Stones with no Keith and Charlie. I'm sure the resultant set will be fun and of course the songs will be great, but it's in no way, shape or form the Dolls.