ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Timberlake to play Johnny Rotten (nsc) Return to archive
April 28th, 2004 10:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels In brief: Lydon wants Timberlake for Rotten role

Staff and agencies
Tuesday April 27, 2004

John Lydon wants Justin Timberlake to play him in the forthcoming film version of his autobiography. The former Sex Pistol, known as Johnny Rotten in his punk heyday, said Timberlake had agreed to the request provided Lydon stays away from the film set. Lydon's book No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs, is being made into a film by Penelope Spheeris, the Wayne's World director. Spheeris currently working on the Janis Joplin biopic The Gospel According to Janis, starring pop singer Pink.
April 28th, 2004 11:15 PM
skeeter
April 29th, 2004 12:16 AM
BILL PERKS WHATS NEXT?JOSHY AS RABBI NEULANDER???
April 29th, 2004 12:23 AM
gypsy Well, it's not as bad as having P Diddy portray Robert Johnson.
April 29th, 2004 02:46 AM
FotiniD Johnny Rotten has totally lost it. What's funny is that this same guy that was so anti-establishment and anti-rock star attitude has grown to become worse than the people he condemned.

In a sense, Sid Vicious was lucky he didn't see this outcome...
April 29th, 2004 06:36 AM
egon B.S.

come on, it's johhny who said it...
April 29th, 2004 10:58 AM
mickmask I thought I heard him (Timberface)say on Sharon Osbourne that he had accepted a role to play a young Elton John in an upcoming documentary. They showed him in costume (white suit, glasses,sideburns and all), and you know he was a real ringer!.....but Johnny Rotten? Obviously an identity crisis.
April 29th, 2004 11:01 AM
sirmoonie That Timberlake kid is a puss. I'd like to mash his face into a rusty gunwhale and pour molten hydroponic fish piss down his goddam geeky neck!
April 29th, 2004 11:44 AM
MrPleasant Actors are tools. The script is the most important part.
April 29th, 2004 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
That Timberlake kid is a puss. I'd like to mash his face into a rusty gunwhale and pour molten hydroponic fish piss down his goddam geeky neck!

You still got it Moonie!!! I can't stand this queer

April 29th, 2004 12:23 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
That Timberlake kid is a puss. I'd like to mash his face into a rusty gunwhale and pour molten hydroponic fish piss down his goddam geeky neck!

Timberlake is currently banging Cameron Diaz so I say we give this kid a pass .

He's doing very well ............................

Developing .......................like a pleasurable rash that gets under your skin and STAYS there .

For Stoney : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercee Joe !
April 29th, 2004 12:25 PM
jb I really don't understand how this piece of shit got so big...I realize that En Sync appealed to the teeny boopers, but his popularity has seemed to carry over to mainstream pop.......Why ?
April 29th, 2004 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I really don't understand how this piece of shit got so big...I realize that En Sync appealed to the teeny boopers, but his popularity has seemed to carry over to mainstream pop.......Why ?

Don't know my Jewish Brother , but have you seen THIS ?!?!?! :

" THE WHO ANNOUNCE SHOWS IN BIRMINGHAM AND CARDIFF "

" Fresh from their recent triumphant shows at London's Forum and Royal Albert Hall, The Who, presented by Harvey Goldsmith Productions Ltd, have announced two UK shows in the run up to their return to the Isle Of Wight Festival.

The dates are Monday June 7th at Birmingham NIA and Thursday June 10th at Cardiff International Arena.

Following on from these shows the band will embark on their first visit ever to Japan and first visit since 1968 to Australia as well as limited dates in dates on the West Coast of the U.S.A.

The band will be warming up for the Birmingham and Cardiff show by performing at their home away from home, New York's Madison Square Garden, on May 22nd the tickets for which sold out in under 20 minutes.

Ticket prices for the UK shows are (pound stirling) 32.50 and 29.50 for Birmingham and 32.50 for all seats at Cardiff.

Tickets are available from the venues, See Tickets and Piccadilly Box Office and are on sale from 10.00am on Friday 30th April.

Credit card hotline: 0871-220 0260
Buy online at: www.harveygoldsmith.com "

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jazzy Joe !

April 29th, 2004 12:34 PM
jb I hope to see the Who at the Mars Music Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach....they have played there every tour since 97.......
April 29th, 2004 12:50 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I hope to see the Who at the Mars Music Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach....they have played there every tour since 97.......

I would like to nuzzle you .

BEST WHO YET !!!!! What ?!?! Oh , sure :

Take I-95 or Florida Turnpike to the Glades Road exit. Head East to Federal Highway. Make a right. Amphitheatre is on the left.

Jacky !
April 29th, 2004 02:38 PM
Joey " I hope to see the Who at the Mars Music Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach....they have played there every tour since 97....... "

I hope to see THE WHO at our Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , State - of - the - Art , Gold Standard ( But STILL not quite as nice as the Pepsi Center in Denver or American Airlines Arena in Dallas ) Qwest Center Arena .

Developing ..........................................

Saving Money .........................................

" I derive ENORMOUS pleasure in making Jagger , Richards , Watts and Townshend rich men Ronnie ! "

Jercee !

April 29th, 2004 02:51 PM
jb You think they will be able to fill up 20k seat venues? The Stones couldn't do it last tour...they played to about 15-17k in arenas and called it a 'sell-out"
April 29th, 2004 03:01 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You think they will be able to fill up 20k seat venues? The Stones couldn't do it last tour...they played to about 15-17k in arenas and called it a 'sell-out"

Yes , MSG in NEW York sold out in ten minutes last Satuday and Boston sold out in less than seven minutes Wednesday .

This is THE concert event of the summer and if Pete can just pull himself out of the Priory Clinic we are talking about THE concert event of the millennium ( or until the Stones Tour Again )

Word !

J. Fly !
April 29th, 2004 03:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Well, it's not as bad as having P Diddy portray Robert Johnson.

Speaking of P. Diddy it seems he's opened on Broadway to rave reviews.
April 29th, 2004 03:46 PM
jb
April 29th, 2004 04:02 PM
Joey

I see a man without a problem ........................
April 29th, 2004 04:44 PM
gypsy He's received rave reviews?! Damn. I just hope Suge offs him soon.
April 29th, 2004 05:11 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
I see a man without a problem ........................

Statements to a stranger
Just asking for directions
Turn from being help to being questions

_=_=_=_=

Yes!

Bob Moonkey!
Moon Sea Scrolls
Moonfly!
M C Moonsee Moe

Mongoing.................

Flip neck, flap neck
Moogie moogie moogie
Get me some fucking bong hits
Then teach the white man how to boogie!
April 29th, 2004 05:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot Johnny is so fuckin' hilarious!

Some of you people just don't "get" Johnny at all.

What could be more punk than getting the cheeiest fuckwit bubblegum pop poster boy to play one of the most obnoxious, outrageous, malevolent of the punk icons? I mean, c'mon...Timberlake is like the "anti-Johnny". You don't see the irony? It's fookin' brilliant!

Besides....I don't think this is a true story. But it's damn funny if it is!

April 29th, 2004 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Statements to a stranger
Just asking for directions
Turn from being help to being questions

_=_=_=_=

Yes!

Bob Moonkey!
Moon Sea Scrolls
Moonfly!
M C Moonsee Moe

Mongoing.................

Flip neck, flap neck
Moogie moogie moogie
Get me some fucking bong hits
Then teach the white man how to boogie!

I see a country always starved .

I try to number those who love me ..........................

.................and see EXACTLY what the problem IIIIIssssssssss ( Young Joey now straining to hit the High Notes ) .

Joe Sea Scroll !

Bob Jacky !

M. Jackyfly ( Named after my favorite Opera , Madame Butterfly )

Jackskee

Joe Fly !

8100 Posts ! YES !!!!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
April 29th, 2004 05:32 PM
Joey "He's received rave reviews?! Damn. I just hope Suge offs him soon."

<-----------------{{ ? }}

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

|
|
|
|
V
[Edited by Joey]
April 29th, 2004 05:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What could be more punk than getting the cheeiest fuckwit bubblegum pop poster boy to play one of the most obnoxious, outrageous, malevolent of the punk icons? I mean, c'mon...Timberlake is like the "anti-Johnny". You don't see the irony? It's fookin' brilliant!

Irony? Maybe. Perhaps we'll get to see a glimpse of the "inner-punk-rebel" in JT. Maybe it is brilliant, but maybe on a deeper level. I'm still mad at him for upstaging Brady.
April 29th, 2004 09:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot There's 1001 reasons to hate Justin Timberlake, but this ain't one of 'em.

>I'm still mad at him for upstaging Brady.<

Whippin' out Janet's titty was one of the coolest things the guy has ever done!