ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Billy or Chuck? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 28th, 2004 11:25 PM
BILL PERKS MAC
April 28th, 2004 11:52 PM
kahoosier oh yeah, bring Billy back , and while your at it make sure he has them 70's synthesizers to put in all the old swirls he used to, I mean wow what an atmosphere that gave us ....jeeze and people complain Chuck has an electric Piano. And of course, let him have two numbers in the show like Keith, as he had before, that way we have to put up with even less repetition of war horses.

And we could bring back Bill and let hom do a few solo numbers, and maybe MT could return and wow us all with Blind Willie Mctell. Yeah, thats it, bring them all back and we will only have to suffer through a handful of Mick and Keith songs!
April 29th, 2004 12:03 AM
KeithRichards210
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
oh yeah, bring Billy back , and while your at it make sure he has them 70's synthesizers to put in all the old swirls he used to, I mean wow what an atmosphere that gave us ....jeeze and people complain Chuck has an electric Piano. And of course, let him have two numbers in the show like Keith, as he had before, that way we have to put up with even less repetition of war horses.

And we could bring back Bill and let hom do a few solo numbers, and maybe MT could return and wow us all with Blind Willie Mctell. Yeah, thats it, bring them all back and we will only have to suffer through a handful of Mick and Keith songs!

Sounds like a winner to me!!
April 29th, 2004 12:16 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeah. You forget - Billy was as much of a distraction as Chuck. Thing was, the Stones back then decided they couldn't have that and drowned the fuck out of him, making him very helpful. If they brought him back now, he'd be as bad as Chuck.

My vote's for Mac on this one. '81, we barely knew ye...

"Do not feed the Ronnie, Ronnie!"

-tSYX --- Sweet cousin cocaine...
April 29th, 2004 01:02 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Complain complain, that's all you fuckers ever do. Just be glad they are still around to rock us, for one of these days it shall be over. Chuck has never been that big of a distraction to me. Of course he is no Stu, but shit I'm there to hear THE boys and I could give a rats ass what Chuck does. You cats that constantly complain have way to much time on yer hands. And as for you jb, Mr. Lawyer or whatever you choose to call yourself, you're constant negitive post are the reason that many people get turned off and don't even bother to come to these site anymore. I use to come here on a regular basis, but it's people like you who THINK they know it all and repeatedly put down The Stones, is the reason that I don't even bother with it much anymore. I love the Rolling Fucking Stones, something you don't have a clue about. They're not perfect by any means, by by God they've been with me for 34 fucking years and the shit you and a few others spew sure ain't going to change my preception about the band.
April 29th, 2004 11:12 AM
Mel Belli Didn't the "Old Gods" biography say that Preston demanded a solo spot in his contract? Amazing that the Stones felt compelled to agree to that.
April 29th, 2004 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
Complain complain, that's all you fuckers ever do. Just be glad they are still around to rock us, for one of these days it shall be over. Chuck has never been that big of a distraction to me. Of course he is no Stu, but shit I'm there to hear THE boys and I could give a rats ass what Chuck does. You cats that constantly complain have way to much time on yer hands. And as for you jb, Mr. Lawyer or whatever you choose to call yourself, you're constant negitive post are the reason that many people get turned off and don't even bother to come to these site anymore. I use to come here on a regular basis, but it's people like you who THINK they know it all and repeatedly put down The Stones, is the reason that I don't even bother with it much anymore. I love the Rolling Fucking Stones, something you don't have a clue about. They're not perfect by any means, by by God they've been with me for 34 fucking years and the shit you and a few others spew sure ain't going to change my preception about the band.

I didn't know I had so much power to deter people from coming here...seems like you have another agenda in mind considering there are many besides me who don't care for Chuck...I would like to know who you post as on other boards...in the mean time, please fuck off.
[Edited by jb]
April 29th, 2004 01:26 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
Complain complain, that's all you fuckers ever do.

"Fuckers"???

Oh yeah?...well FUCK YOU you jacked up, cracked up, fucked up motherFUCKER!!!

Anybody can play your FUCKING name calling game. You have no creativity, you FUCKER!!!

April 29th, 2004 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

"Fuckers"???

Anybody can play your FUCKING name calling game. You have no creativity, you FUCKER!!!

April 29th, 2004 01:37 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

"Fuckers"???

Fuuuuuuck....
April 29th, 2004 05:39 PM
jpenn11 Here's my vote: bring back MT and let him play piano.

How about letting MT open the show with Billy Preston like the two of them did in '73?

I got a song that ain't no melody, I'm gonna sing it to my friends
Will it go round in circles, will it fly high like a bird up in the sky
I got a story ain't no moral, I let the bad guy win every once in a while
I got a dance that ain't got no steps, I'm gonna let the music move me around

Just had to get that out of my system. Thanks

April 29th, 2004 09:05 PM
CousinCocaine
Some people will never get it. . .

This board -like some others - is a Stones board which means many different people from different countries and ages come and talk and discuss about the band and all the little things around it.

We're not here to ONLY praise them 24 hours a day.

Personally after being a huge fan for nearly 40 years and having spent a fortune on them and at some time having even nearly ruined my life in the Stones haze I now allow myself to see some things a bit more critical than in the 60/70's. But that doesn't prevent me from still being a fan and I always will be.

People who come up at every xxx point or discussion only to tell other adults not being adoring enough really bore me to death !!

These different opinions are the cream of the cake!
And that's why there will never be an end to the great Taylor/Wood debate as well!

Back to Billy - most guys were not that hot for him. Some like me named others,too. But you have also to see that his synthiestyle was "the thing" in 70/80's. Of course he would change his playin now. And on many sources you can hear him do some real great playing. And the days of solo numbers are long gone for him anyway !
My point was - just bring in some new flesh . .
bye
CC
April 29th, 2004 11:03 PM
BILL PERKS MAC WASNT BROUGHT BACK IN 82 BECAUSE HE WAS CONSIDERED A BAD INFLUENCE ON WOODY.CHUCK,WHO HAD TRIED OUT IN 81, WAS HIRED FOR EUROPE AND HAS BEEN SUCKING MICKS ASS EVER SINCE.
Page: 1 2