ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Next tour looks Return to archive
April 27th, 2004 04:03 PM
Pattie
I'm worried about Keef's dangling things (in his hair) I wonder if he'll get rid of them in time for the next tour, and I wonder if his hair will grow back

I'm wondering if they'll manage to pull off the cool rock n roll look for yet another tour or if they really will look like retired old folks..
April 27th, 2004 04:09 PM
jb
quote:
Pattie wrote:

I'm worried about Keef's dangling things (in his hair) I wonder if he'll get rid of them in time for the next tour, and I wonder if his hair will grow back

I'm wondering if they'll manage to pull off the cool rock n roll look for yet another tour or if they really will look like retired old folks..

Don't bet the house on it.
April 27th, 2004 04:14 PM
Pattie
How could keef look better? He looked great during bridges to babylon..could he pull off that look again?
April 27th, 2004 04:16 PM
jb
quote:
Pattie wrote:

How could keef look better? He looked great during bridges to babylon..could he pull off that look again?

No...sadly if Keith would have listened to my advice at that time and had micro-grafs in the crown area of his head as well as frontal hairline, he would have looked better..Also, his wardrobe has been nothing short of a vegas dancers worst nightmare....he needs to wear the jeans, white tee, leather vest and the suede boots circa 81......
April 27th, 2004 04:17 PM
Poplar
yep - Keith on Babylon, one of his coolest incarnations.
April 27th, 2004 04:23 PM
Pattie
alas we'll never see it again, I dread what he'll wear during this next tour, the last one was bad enough, I agree with you jb, has his taste in clothes vanished along with his tastebuds?
April 27th, 2004 05:03 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

..Also, his wardrobe has been nothing short of a vegas dancers worst nightmare....he needs to wear the jeans, white tee, leather vest and the suede boots circa 81......

JB-WE FINALLY AGREE ON SOMETHING -THE 81 KEEF WAS THE COOLEST ROCK STAR EVER TO WALK THE PLANET...JUST CHECK THE VIDEO.
April 27th, 2004 05:05 PM
Moonisup he should stick with the grey, and stop with: It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere

and maybe take a wig, like Bill has
April 27th, 2004 05:38 PM
ResidentMule "he should stick with the grey, and stop with: It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere"

I couldn't agree more. I also wish he'd stop posing with his guitar in front of the camera between every song
April 27th, 2004 06:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
and maybe take a wig, like Bill has

Wig???
Oh no.

Wig Offender

April 27th, 2004 08:12 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Wig of the Earth
April 27th, 2004 08:54 PM
Steel Wheels Now this is a ponderous thread. I can't beleive you people are wondering about his hair and his clothes. What next, his meals?

With that said, I hope he brings those boots from the Steel Wheels tour back...and that black coat was cool too. I dug the tiger-print coat of the B2B tour...but nothing beats his look on that Winos DVD. Hair, clothes, guitar playing, it was all A+. Then there was the Chuck Berry gig...great suit for that. Hair too. Can't leave out the Uber-Gruppen-Furher tee shirt and jeans. Cool.

I hope his eating improves. All that sausage and whatnot. It's not good. Keef should get some salad, a little dressing, seafood, a glass of spring water...
April 28th, 2004 08:40 AM
egon let's 1st wait for the new record and we'll take it from there...
April 28th, 2004 08:45 AM
corgi37 I'd like him to shave it all off. Sort of get that Moby/Fred Durst look.
April 28th, 2004 10:29 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I'd like him to shave it all off. Sort of get that Moby/Fred Durst look.

Now, I almost had a heart attack. Or a stroke. Or both.
April 29th, 2004 01:18 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I think it would be so cool if Keith came out for the next tour with his hair at least shoulder length, Mick also (Like 86' One Hit To The Body). Their looks have been pretty much the same for the past 3 tours. Longer hair, less shinny shirts would be great.
April 29th, 2004 12:12 PM
Poplar
the shiny shirts (and all that pink) have to go.

keith generally dresses better than mick on stage now, i think. some nights that differs.

April 29th, 2004 01:41 PM
Mikey I can't believe I'm writing this, but I agree with JB. Keith's 81 look was classic and timeless.

Incidently JB, this was the first post of yours in a LONG time that has made sense or was worth reading. Please continue that, you can be very good at it.
April 29th, 2004 01:56 PM
scratched I think he should be brave enough to replicate the '72 look. Unpack the flared jeans and the Tibetan prayer mat he wore as a scarf and dust off the yellow shirt with the Coke badge on it.
April 29th, 2004 07:56 PM
corgi37 Either way, i just wish Keith would stop dying it.
April 29th, 2004 09:23 PM
CousinCocaine
That is: "Obergruppenführer" !!

Keith always had a thing with World War II and already on their first German tour in 65 he got himself such a T-shirt.

He wore them again and again over the years . .
CC