ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your opinions on the cultural effects of The Rolling Stones Return to archive
April 27th, 2004 07:16 AM
Tjim Hey.

I post to ask a favour of you all; I'm in great need of some fan opinions of The Rolling Stones, as part of my primary research for some Media Studies work I'm currently trying to do in college. They're just one of about 20 bands I'm going to be researching, and it would be very useful to me if you would provide me with information on how you think the band has affected the culture in which we live in nowadays, and especially the culture in which people lived in at the time when they first became famous, as I will be focussing predominantly on other bands for other decades. Please help me :-) I really would appreciate it.
April 27th, 2004 09:26 AM
jb How social, cultural and historical events effect adverts - ... Lots of factors effect adverts such as the economy ... at children but now had the rolling stones on the ... and are affected by lots of social, cultural and historical ...
http://www.courseworkbank.co.uk/coursework/social_cultural_historical_events_effect_adverts_2898/
The Rolling Stones - encyclopedia article about The Rolling Stones ... - ... other British acts to market their music in the United States, including the Rolling Stones, The Animals ... The effect of the Beatles on Western culture (and by ...
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/The%20Rolling%20Stones

[Edited by jb]
April 27th, 2004 01:13 PM
steel driving hammer That is really a good question.

But too hard to answer.
April 27th, 2004 01:35 PM
caro I don't really have an opinion about all that since I wasn't even born in the sixties, but I do have a book tip : Marianne Faithfull's autobiography, "Faithfull". She doesn't only talk about the Stones, but she also describes all the intellectuals and artists in London who kind of prepared the whole Swinging London period. And she tries to show when exactly the Stones stopped being just one-among-many-new-bands, and started having some kind of lifestyle and legend of their own. It's only her opinion, of course, but I found it really interesting. And you don't even need to read the whole book!