ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Yellow Submarine' to Become a Book(NSC) Return to archive
April 26th, 2004 02:19 PM
Martha 'Yellow Submarine' to Become a Book
By The Associated Press

LONDON - The Beatles' psychedelic cartoon "Yellow Submarine" is being adapted for a children's book, the group's record label said Monday.

Apple Corps Ltd. said it had joined with Walker Books to create the book, which is expected to arrive in stores in September - 36 years after the original animated feature film was released.

The book was inspired by the success of the release in 1999 of a digitally restored DVD version of the 1968 cult classic.

"'Yellow Submarine' was made as a psychedelic film in the sixties, but it has had a timeless appeal, particularly for children, over the last four decades," Apple Corps. said.

The film followed the release of the "Yellow Submarine" single in 1966, which was a hit in Britain, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, Norway, New Zealand and Sweden.

It was translated into many languages, including Yiddish and Latin, and was taken up as an anthem by American activists opposing the war in Vietnam.
April 26th, 2004 02:29 PM
jb
April 26th, 2004 02:36 PM
Martha Hi jb,

I knew posting this article would stir up some de-bait! LOL
April 27th, 2004 10:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I see. Apple Corps wants to indocrinate another generation with their pro-beatles propaganda. Shameful how they're targeting children.
April 27th, 2004 10:54 AM
gimmekeef McCartney better be careful Jacko doesnt get his hands on this deal....
April 29th, 2004 06:51 AM
egon i hate that song. i mean really HATE.
April 29th, 2004 03:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
McCartney better be careful Jacko doesnt get his hands on this deal....

Make a great bed time story for his sleepovers.
April 29th, 2004 04:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
i hate that song. i mean really HATE.

egon..I thought it was just me!

I can tolerate most of the Beatles. But THAT song makes my skin crawl.

Terrible, just terrible.

LJ.