ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Seen God in 04? (NSC) Return to archive
April 26th, 2004 10:16 AM
Jumping Jack I just bought Clapton tix and was wondering if anyone has seen him play this year? If so, how did he look and sound?
April 26th, 2004 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I just bought Clapton tix and was wondering if anyone has seen him play this year? If so, how did he look and sound?

Decided to pass on Clapton as I have seen him three times before and need to save money for my WHO GIGS this summer ....................................

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jazzy !
April 26th, 2004 10:31 AM
Jumping Jack Of course The Two is a must, but EC's tix are 1/3 the price of Pete's and the Euro setlists look good even if a bit short.
April 26th, 2004 10:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Of course The Two is a must, but EC's tix are 1/3 the price of Pete's and the Euro setlists look good even if a bit short.

Eric Clapton may be " God " , but The Rolling Stones and The Who STILL put on much better shows ( BEST STONES YET !!!!!! BEST WHO YET !!!!!!! )

Word !

Jerky Joe !
April 26th, 2004 12:36 PM
L&A I saw him last month in Antwerp and it really was a good show. Better than expected (if you've seen the DVD from the 2001-tour) even if Clapton never gives his all. Doyle Bramhall II has favourably replaced Andy Fairweather-Low as 2nd guitarist and Billy Preston is good as usual.

You can go, you won't regret !
April 26th, 2004 01:32 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Joey wrote:

Decided to pass on Clapton as I have seen him three times before and need to save money for my WHO GIGS this summer ....................................

You should go, I saw him last month in Hamburg and it was a very good show, good setlist and a very very good band (Steve Gadd, Chris Stainton and a second gitarist I forgot his name)

I saw him 5 times life in the last 20 years and this one was the best!!!
April 26th, 2004 02:25 PM
Martha I am going to the Clapton show in Columbus this July 12th. Got our tickets this past Saturday, but even though I got in right at 10 am could NOT get any top tickets ($95)to pull up for me. :-(

Ended up with second -level tier priced ($75)seats in the lower bowl straight back row E. I did not see any presale going on through the week so I do not know WTF happened. I cannot wait to see this show though. Love Doyle and Billy!!! Thanks for the mini reviews guys!
April 26th, 2004 04:13 PM
Jumping Jack Got my tix on Sat also and there were only 5 in line and got great seats in Atlanta. Apathy is good when tix go on sale, LOL!

I should be so lucky for The Two.
April 26th, 2004 06:43 PM
Gazza Clapton played Belfast on Saturday night. His first gig here since he left Cream. He wouldnt play here in previous years as he was chickenshit for security reasons. All of a sudden, we're now 'worthy' of his presence. Fuckin' wimp. So I gave him a miss and celebrated my team Linfield winning the league championship that night instead. They were the only "blues" that mattered to me this weekend.
April 26th, 2004 07:58 PM
mac_daddy there is a show of his floating around from last week - I will track it down for ya and tell you what I hear...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 26th, 2004 08:53 PM
Gazza The Belfast show on Saturday was actually broadcast live on BBC radio (not sure if it was the full gig or just an hour of it though). I presume thats the one you mean
April 26th, 2004 09:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Belfast show on Saturday was actually broadcast live on BBC radio (not sure if it was the full gig or just an hour of it though). I presume thats the one you mean

you are correct.

April 27th, 2004 10:02 AM
Jumping Jack Would love a copy if you can find it.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Billy Preston again. Shoot, it's been 29 years.