ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in the studio Return to archive
April 24th, 2004 05:01 PM
Cousin Luke A friend of mine that knows a music guy said that the Stones new work will be very good. The guys are very excited to get to work and we will all be pleased with the new material. This new stuff will be blasting from cars all over the world. He also stated that Mick and Keith are working together and in constant communication about the new stuff. I will post more as I hear. Hold on to your hats!
April 24th, 2004 07:11 PM
Taptrick

Thanks for the post but that's a very vague, summarizing statement. If someone has that much info they would have some justifying reasons. That's what i'm waiting to hear about.

April 24th, 2004 08:19 PM
Some Guy Bring it on baby!
April 25th, 2004 04:07 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Cousin Luke wrote:
A friend of mine that knows a music guy said that the Stones new work will be very good. The guys are very excited to get to work and we will all be pleased with the new material. This new stuff will be blasting from cars all over the world. He also stated that Mick and Keith are working together and in constant communication about the new stuff. I will post more as I hear. Hold on to your hats!

-QUESTIONS-
1.Meaning the new material that has already been
worked on we will be very pleased with or the new material
they are going to start work on should please us on
account of how well Mick and Keith are communicating on
this project.
Which one is it?

2.How legit is your friend???

Ian

April 25th, 2004 08:24 AM
Bob Tamp The bottom line is that we just have to wait for the final product to come out. I dont know of one Stones studio album in the past 20 years that came out that wasnt supposed to be their best work since Exile.
When Dirty Work was coming out in 1986, one of the Guitar magazines had a exsclusive keith interview which ran about 20 pages long. They hyped up Dirty Work as the best since Beggars.
The bottom line is if the new record is shit-they aint going to say it, and the before release leaks they give to the press etc. are going to tout the record like its the second coming of Christ. I know because I fall for it everytime, and probably will again.
Don't get me wrong. I've been dying for a new album for years, its just that we get psyched everytime for the next masterpiece which hasnt ever come.
April 25th, 2004 08:45 AM
gimmekeef It's always this way.Best in years,sure to please.etc etc.But heck thats why we lurk here for "news" to get us through the dry spells.Made my day a bit better even if I know down deep its just a rumour. For me just 3-4 new songs that have that old feel again would suffice.One new Arena rocker from Keith with an edgy riff.After all even if it is a good album they'll only add 1-2 songs to the playlist anyway.Maybe time to tap Ronnie's input for a rocker that would help keep him focused for 1005 and beyond!
April 25th, 2004 09:11 AM
corgi37 After 7 bloody years, anything would be good.
April 25th, 2004 12:12 PM
T&A Bob Tamp:

Spot on. Keep expectations low, folks. That way, expectations will either be met or exceeded. I'd settle for 2 songs that have "classic" written on them.
April 25th, 2004 03:09 PM
zebulon
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
The bottom line is that we just have to wait for the final product to come out.

Well, at least some fans are always there near the studio and sometimes things slip through - that's about the most exciting thing to follow - someone sending SMSs or something and a forum or emaillist forwards it as it happens... can't wait!

It could even begin as soon as next month!

cheers,
zebulon
[Edited by zebulon]
April 25th, 2004 04:21 PM
glencar It'll be good...
April 25th, 2004 06:29 PM
Some Guy They are pacing themselves.