ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just Curious...Dwight Yoakum Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 26th, 2004 08:33 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Louisiana is talking about passing a law against wearing "low slung" jeans.

WTF???
April 26th, 2004 10:49 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! I just loved him in Slingblade. In my opinion he's a damn good actor. The first time that I ever heard of Dwight was when he was openning for The Grateful Dead at RFK in 91'. I think most hippies had no idea who he was, but he came on and played a very good set. Needless to say when he broke into his redition of "Truckin", the crowd where scratching their heads, but at the same time loving it! From that day on I've admired all of his work and always try to catch him when he comes my way.
[Edited by Happy Motherfucker!!]
April 26th, 2004 10:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
WTF???

USA: Lawmaker Attempts To Ban Low-Riding Jeans
23 Apr 2004
Source: just-style.com

A Louisiana lawmaker has filed a bill in the legislature that would ban people from wearing low-slung pants which exposed too much “skin or intimate clothing,” Associated Press has reported.

The bill, filed by state representative Derrick Shepherd, would punish anyone caught exposing boxer shorts or G-strings over their belt lines with a fine of up to $500 or as much as six months in jail – or both.

However, an American Civil Liberties Union spokesman said the bill went too far.

“I can think of a lot of workers, plumbers, who are working and expose their buttocks,” the spokesman said.

April 26th, 2004 11:03 PM
stonedinaustralia beware the Jean Police!!

actually the fashion for low strung jeans (with ample mid-riff on display)caused me to think some legislation is also necessary - not so much to stop the exposure of underwear but rather to stop women who simply don't have the figure for it(i.e. they've got a big guts)exposing themselves in public - ladies please note (and do yourselves a favour): exposed fat stomach is NOT A GOOD LOOK

April 26th, 2004 11:21 PM
polksalad69
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
beware the Jean Police!!

actually the fashion for low strung jeans (with ample mid-riff on display)caused me to think some legislation is also necessary - not so much to stop the exposure of underwear but rather to stop women who simply don't have the figure for it(i.e. they've got a big guts)exposing themselves in public - ladies please note (and do yourselves a favour): exposed fat stomach is NOT A GOOD LOOK

But it is the look of the moment to show da rolls.
April 27th, 2004 09:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
beware the Jean Police!!

actually the fashion for low strung jeans (with ample mid-riff on display)caused me to think some legislation is also necessary -

Yeah but 6 months in jail??? Man, if bad fashion were a crime they'd have to lock up half the state of Maine.
April 27th, 2004 04:23 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
He was in that movie with Billy Bob Thornton....'French fried Potatos"....

Slingblade!!

"I like french fries mmmmmmhuh!"
April 29th, 2004 01:58 PM
Bloozehound Yoakam starter coarse

(basically his first 5 albums)

(TTM's) "Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc." - DY's first album and one of his best, sets the tone for whats to follow and an easy album to like.

"Hillbilly Deluxe" - second album, in the same vein as "Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., " if you liked that one you'll like this one too.

"Buenas Noches from a Lonely Room" - 3rd album, or the masterpiece before his "This Time" masterpiece.

(Gazza's) "This Time" - 5th album, considered DY's masterpiece, and a great one to start off with (especially for non-country music fans they always seem to really dig this one).

Dwight's kinda like the Stones, if you like one album chances are you might like most of them. They all contain good, quality music, cutting edge, ahead of the pack.

I know alot of people that don't like country music, but they like Dwight, so check it out YA'LL

[Edited by Bloozehound]
April 29th, 2004 03:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I know alot of people that don't like country music,...

Bad Taste Flunkies.

April 29th, 2004 03:58 PM
Joey

Corgi is a Great Man !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

April 29th, 2004 04:16 PM
sirmoonie Do Bongs!!!!

YES!!

Bongs!

Do bongs.
Page: 1 2