ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just Curious...Dwight Yoakum Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 24th, 2004 11:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Yesterday I bought a bunch of old cassettes tapes at a yard sale. But the one I'm playing most is Guitars, Cadillacs etc. I thought his cover of Ring of Fire was pretty good. I know everyone hates pop country and Toby Keith, but I always liked Yoakum. (I just wish he'd take his hat off once in awhile)
April 24th, 2004 01:14 PM
Bloozehound Dwight ain't no pop country

he's too excellent to be degraded to that

i haven't listened to him in a while myself, but i should

he doesn't take that hat off cuz he's a baldy

I'm a honky tonk man (guitar guitar)

and I can't seem to stop

let's give the girls a whirl

to the music of an old jukebox (twang twang)......
April 24th, 2004 01:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
he doesn't take that hat off cuz he's a baldy

Oh no.

Honkey Wig Man
April 24th, 2004 01:41 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Oh no.

Honkey Wig Man

hehehe

I should've seen that one coming lolol
April 24th, 2004 02:07 PM
gypsy "Pants Too Tight Dwight"
April 24th, 2004 03:09 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Dwight ain't no pop country

Word. Wish he'd make more music tho...
April 25th, 2004 01:25 AM
sammy davis jr. His guitar player Pete Anderson is a mother.....
April 25th, 2004 09:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
"Pants Too Tight Dwight"

Well...I wasn't really so much thinking about his wardrobe but I always find people who NEVER take their hat off a bit puzzling. Who knows, maybe when he was a kid his mom never made him take his hat off at the supper table. As far as the tight jeans go, Louisiana is talking about passing a law against wearing "low slung" jeans. So maybe the next step is to outlaw the tight ones too.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 25th, 2004 09:20 AM
corgi37 Apart from me, Yoakum has possibly aged the worst out of any one i have seen. Any one see "Panic Room". Oh, Steve Earle, theres another. He looks bloody terrible.
April 25th, 2004 03:01 PM
polksalad69
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Apart from me, Yoakum has possibly aged the worst out of any one i have seen. Any one see "Panic Room". Oh, Steve Earle, theres another. He looks bloody terrible.

Earle has an excuse, what's Dwight's?
April 25th, 2004 03:13 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Apart from me, Yoakum has possibly aged the worst out of any one i have seen. Any one see "Panic Room". Oh, Steve Earle, theres another. He looks bloody terrible.

that's news to me

Dwights not the most handsome son of a bitch I've ever seen, but I don't recall him looking like shit recently

i've heard he's real uptight about drink and drugs and doesn't partake, doesn't even like cigarettes

Earle on the other hand, I've seen him on tv alot recently and he does look really bad, haggard, fat, worn out looking, but at least he clean.

Hey pretty baby are you ready for me
It's your good rockin' daddy down from Tennessee
I'm just out of Austin bound for San Antone
With the radio blastin' and the bird dog on...
April 25th, 2004 04:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh, Steve Earle, theres another. He looks bloody terrible.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that he looked "bloody terrible". However the thought did cross my mind that he's aged too quickly, after all the guy ain't even 50 yet I don't think.
April 25th, 2004 05:02 PM
Gazza >Earle on the other hand, I've seen him on tv alot recently and he does look really bad, haggard, fat, worn out looking, but at least he clean.

I saw him in concert a few weeks ago and he has lost a lot of weight, got rid of that Methuselah-style beard and looks about 15 years younger than he did a couple of years back. With those glasses, he looks more like a librarian than a drug casualty

Considering all he's been through he could look a lot worse.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 25th, 2004 05:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Considering all he's been through he could look a lot worse.

Yeah. that's true. I suppose one could say the same thing about Keith, who is roughly 11-12 years older than Earle.
(Gotta love 'em both though!!!)
April 25th, 2004 05:55 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I saw him in concert a few weeks ago and he has lost a lot of weight, got rid of that Methuselah-style beard and looks about 15 years younger than he did a couple of years back. With those glasses, he looks more like a librarian than a drug casualty

Wasn't he on the Atkins diet? As for the librarian comment, I ain't no drug casualty and I don't look like Earle.
April 25th, 2004 06:21 PM
Gazza >Wasn't he on the Atkins diet?

I dont know. I didnt get close enough to smell his breath

> As for the librarian comment, I ain't no drug casualty and I don't look like Earle.

Point was that he looks normal and studious, not a wreck.
April 25th, 2004 06:41 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Wasn't he on the Atkins diet?

I dont know. I didnt get close enough to smell his breath

> As for the librarian comment, I ain't no drug casualty and I don't look like Earle.

Point was that he looks normal and studious, not a wreck.

Understood.
April 25th, 2004 06:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Before the thread got hijacked by other things like hats I was just curious as to what posters thought about Yoakums music?
April 25th, 2004 06:45 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Before the thread got hijacked by other things like hats I was just curious as to what posters thought about Yoakums music?

Like it, wish he'd make more music instead of movies. Always dug Pete Anderson.
April 25th, 2004 07:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels It Won't Hurt
Dwight Yoakum

It won't hurt when I fall down from this bar stool
It won't hurt when I stumble in the street
It won't hurt 'cause this whiskey eases misery
Even whiskey cannot ease your hurtin' me

Verse:

Today I had another bout with sorrow
You know this time I almost won
If this bottle would just hold out 'til tomorrow
I know that I would have sorrow on the run

Your memory comes back up with each sunrise
I reach up for the bottle and find it's gone
Yeah lord somewhere every night the whiskey leaves me
To face this cold cold world on my own

Chorus:

April 25th, 2004 08:20 PM
Gazza >Before the thread got hijacked by other things like hats I was just curious as to what posters thought about Yoakums music?

the only album of his I own is the one with "two doors down" and "Aint that lonely yet". I bought it cos i liked the latter song immensely. The whole album was very good

I dont know any of his other stuff very well. maybe you could give me a starter course

April 26th, 2004 09:43 AM
Lil Brian I always thought he had potential as an actor.
What films has he appeared in? I can't recall.
April 26th, 2004 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
I always thought he had potential as an actor.
What films has he appeared in? I can't recall.

He had a guest cameo appearance in the 1976 Classic " Mother , Jugs and Speed " ( Now Out on DVD By-The-Way )

Smercee Jercee Joesy !
April 26th, 2004 10:50 AM
jb He was in that movie with Billy Bob Thornton....'French fried Potatos"....
April 26th, 2004 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
He was in that movie with Billy Bob Thornton....'French fried Potatos"....

He also starred in the 1982 Thriller " Killer Looks -- Visions of Heather ! ( Four Pack ) " AND the 1983 Oscar Winner " Bodacious Ta Ta's " with Bridget Monet .

J.

April 26th, 2004 10:55 AM
jb slingblade....
April 26th, 2004 10:55 AM
Joey

Monster's Ball !
April 26th, 2004 11:07 AM
jb The Alamo...WTF happened to that ?
April 26th, 2004 11:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the only album of his I own is the one with "two doors down" and "Aint that lonely yet". I bought it cos i liked the latter song immensely. The whole album was very good

I dont know any of his other stuff very well. maybe you could give me a starter course

I don't think I can help you much. This album/tape (Guitars Cadillacs) I bought last weekend is the first one of his I've ever owned. I always plugged him in on the jukebox though. I'm pleased enough with it. Like I said his cover of Ring of Fire is really good IMO. At least he tries to appreciate his roots I think.
April 26th, 2004 01:45 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The Alamo...WTF happened to that ?

?
Page: 1 2