ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toxic Twins.....Glimmer Twins......Come on now Aerosmith. Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 28th, 2004 02:24 PM
Dan If Tyler didnt have big lips Aerosmith would have never been compared to the Stones. Other than just being another rock and roll band, the similarities end there. Also dont forget the Stones started out as a cover band. Although Aero lost me a bit in the 90s, the last 2 shows I saw them 2 were probably the best Aero shows I had ever seen.
Brad and Joe have only gotten better as guitar players. Other than a keyboard player who occassionally plays saxaphone, they dont have a whole crew of sidemen to fall back on.
April 28th, 2004 06:08 PM
ResidentMule would you rather have another Permanent Vacation or Get a Grip? nobody needs anything by Aerosmith outside of Rocks, and to a lesser extent, Toys in the Attic, and to an even lesser extent, Pump. they aren't exactly a band known for putting out musical masterpieces, though I'll give them credit for being entertaining. if you own those 3 albums, your all set. if you like some of their other ones, good for you. and if you don't like them at all, fuck off and go to another thread. but if your disappointed with the new one - how much could you be missing? I like the new album. its not as good as classic Aerosmith, but I don't want to see them backtracking entirely. its not really impressive musically, but if I want to be impressed I'll listen to Al DiMeola
April 28th, 2004 06:10 PM
ResidentMule "Brad and Joe have only gotten better as guitar players."

that's one thing I have to disagree with. Whitford's never played anything that stood out for me, and Joe Perry amazes me with how much talent a guitarist can lose over the years of constant touring (he started off at about a 6 out of 10)

I had no idea the keyboardist played sax too, that's true?
Page: 1 2