ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

... Thanks Montana
© 1972 Peter Beard

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great Singers That Can't Sing Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
April 22nd, 2004 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I saw that show at the then W.P.B. Amphitheatre...the guy who played the "Bell Boy" was dam good....in fact, that was a great show all around......Pete was getting back into the electric guitar despite his life threatening tinnitis.

Yes , a Fantastic Show ! Ben Waters played the role of the " Bell Boy " for much of the tour . Unfortunately , Pete only performed on electric guitar for one or two songs per gig ( on average ) .

W.P.B. Amphitheatre ?!?!?!

W.P.B. AMPHITHEATRE ?!?!?!

What Happened to the Brand Spanking New Mizner Park Amphitheatre ?!?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?! Oh , sure :

Take I-95 or Florida Turnpike to the Glades Road exit. Head East to Federal Highway. Make a right. Amphitheatre is on the left.

April 22nd, 2004 02:39 PM
jb The WPB Amph is now known as the Mars Music Amp...it has covered reserved seating and general admission lawn seating with a capacity of about 18k...The Mizner Park amph is a beautiful open air theatre whcih seats approx 5k.....I had the misfortune of spending znew Years 2002 there at a Meatloaf concert...

April 22nd, 2004 02:43 PM
Joey "...The Mizner Park amph is a beautiful open air theatre whcih seats approx 5k.....I had the misfortune of spending znew Years 2002 there at a Meatloaf concert "

Meatloaf ?!?!

MEATLOAF ?!?!

You make Young Joey very sad .

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D.J. Jazzy Joe Boy and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JA JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JAC JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACKY !

JACKY !

April 22nd, 2004 02:45 PM
jb What really happened to baby Steekie and baby Marko(formerly of the Finnish republic).
April 22nd, 2004 02:50 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
What really happened to baby Steekie and baby Marko(formerly of the Finnish republic).

I miss my Baby Steelie and My Baby Marko something fierce .

Both men are two of my FAVORITE C-10 Brothers who have made the transition .................................

I have often " flirted " with the transition myself but in each and every case have pulled back at the last minute ( sort of like William Hurt in the Ken Russell Movie from the Late ' 70s -- Forget the name )

Josh , are you coming to Denver this summer for the WHO gig ?!?!?! Stones in '05 ?!?!?!

Please .....................I's needs to knows !

Jazzy !

April 22nd, 2004 02:54 PM
jb As much as I would like to meet you and the rest of the gang, I have no plans of flying at this time. As a American Jew, I face incredibly strong odds of being killed by Muslim/Arab terrorists in a most brutal fashion....I owe it to my boys to try to live for their sake...accordingly, travel plans are on indefinite hold until we win the war on terror.
April 22nd, 2004 04:21 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
As much as I would like to meet you and the rest of the gang, I have no plans of flying at this time. As a American Jew, I face incredibly strong odds of being killed by Muslim/Arab terrorists in a most brutal fashion....I owe it to my boys to try to live for their sake...accordingly, travel plans are on indefinite hold until we win the war on terror.

YOU MAKE JOEY WEEP AND SHIT LIQUID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
April 22nd, 2004 04:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot >travel plans are on indefinite hold until we win the war on terror.<

So you aren't gonna travel in the next 20-30 years(Hey, that's optimistic!)?

JB...Meatloaf??? Really??? And you have the balls to diss me about going to see Prince? Hello Pot, this is Kettle, you are black.

As for staying on topic...

I'd include Johnny Cash on this thread, although it's borderline. Johnny's baritone/bass voice could be smooth as silk when he wanted it to be. I think he threw some gravel in there to sound a bit more authentic.

Willie Nelson...certainly. That nasal whine ain't a thing of beauty...but I don't think anyone could argue that he isn't a great singer.

Waylon...now see, I wouldn't include him because I think he had a really strong voice. A good voice. A deep, rich baritone. Very expressive. Not a huge range, but his style of music didn't really call for a whole bunch of octaves...y'know?

I'd also include Kurt Cobain. Great singer with a voice that sounded like it had been slashed with razor blades.

April 22nd, 2004 04:51 PM
Joey " As for staying on topic... "

April 22nd, 2004 05:26 PM
moonlightmile As for non-singers, the Zimmerman must rule!

April 22nd, 2004 11:00 PM
gypsy SS, I wrote that Waylon was a good singer...I loved his voice...I only mentioned that he was a good singer, well, because I had put down that his buddies Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash were not...so I brought up Waylon, as I didn't want anyone to think I dislike all country singers.

April 23rd, 2004 12:23 AM
Cant Catch Me Howzabout Marianne Faithfull, who was OK early on when she was a proficient and lovely singer, very pleasant to listen to, then ruined her voice with smack, whiskey and cigarettes, becoming an electrifying singer in the process. The album "Broken English" still gives me shivers every time.
April 23rd, 2004 01:34 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
gypsy wrote:
SS, I wrote that Waylon was a good singer...I loved his voice...I only mentioned that he was a good singer

[Edited by Bloozehound]
April 23rd, 2004 12:45 PM
jb SS, my partner is seeing Prince tommorrow night....I 'll be anxious to hear his review as he is a "classic " rock kind of guy....
April 23rd, 2004 12:55 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
SS, my partner is seeing Prince tommorrow night....I 'll be anxious to hear his review as he is a "classic " rock kind of guy....

"partner?" "his review?"

jb is this part of the "lifestyle change" you mentioned?

You of all people. Who da thunk?
April 23rd, 2004 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

"partner?" "his review?"

jb is this part of the "lifestyle change" you mentioned?

You of all people. Who da thunk?

We only share space...no legal r/s.
April 23rd, 2004 04:14 PM
gypsy Is your partner's name "Joey?"
April 23rd, 2004 04:15 PM
jb Billy Don't Be A Hero
( Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods )

The marchin' band came down along Main Street
The soldier blues fell in behind
I looked across and there I saw Billy
Waiting to go and join the line
And with her head upon his shoulder
His young and lovely fiancee
From where I stood I saw she was cryin'
And through her tears I heard her say

Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life
Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife
And as he started to go she said, Billy, keep your head low
Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me

The soldier blues were trapped on a hillside
The battle raging all around
The sergeant cried, We've got to hang on, boys!
We've got to hold this piece of ground
I need a volunteer to ride up
And bring us back some extra men
And Billy's hand was up in a moment
Forgettin' all the words she said

She said
Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life
Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife
And as he started to go she said, Billy, keep your head low
Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me

I heard his fiancee got a letter
That told how Billy died that day
The letter said that he was a hero
She should be proud he died that way
I heard she threw that letter away ...

April 23rd, 2004 04:31 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Is your partner's name "Joey?"

April 23rd, 2004 09:07 PM
gypsy What's wrong, Joey? Is jb cheating on you? That bastard!
April 24th, 2004 09:21 AM
glencar Joey "I have often " flirted " with the transition myself but in each and every case have pulled back at the last minute ( sort of like William Hurt in the Ken Russell Movie from the Late ' 70s -- Forget the name ) blah blah blah..."

Altered States
April 26th, 2004 11:59 AM
Joey " Altered States "

Bless You Blue .................................

D. J. Jazzy Joe Joe !

Page: 1 2 3