ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing The Tour - NYC 1997
By Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The stones to record 4 additional tracks in Paris Return to archive
04-27-02 12:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl According to sources, the band is gathering in Paris this summer to record at least four new songs. A representative for the band, which is signed to Virgin worldwide, says there is no definitive word on any new recording.

"We're trying to cook something up," Stones frontman Mick Jagger told Billboard last fall. "I don't want to talk about it too much yet, but the 40th anniversary is a good party to give." Guitarist Ron Wood also told the U.K. magazine Uncut late last year that the band was sorting through its archives to compile a box set, featuring rarities, outtakes, and unreleased live tracks.

It goes without saying that the worldwide touring industry will be happy to see the Stones tour this year. The group contributed $750 million to gross touring revenues in the 1990s, selling out 307 of 333 mostly stadium shows. On its last outing, in 1997-99, the band grossed $337.2 million and played to 5.6 million people.

-- Melinda Newman, L.A.
04-27-02 06:51 PM
robbluedog The word is still that it is a box set. Where soes MDR8 get his info from? Stones Jnr?
04-27-02 06:59 PM
Honky Tonk Man Its obvsious. Hes Mick Jagger
04-27-02 08:14 PM
Jaxx the article i read in billboard started out like this,

"In addition to a probable 40th anniversary tour this year, look for the Rolling Stones to return to the studio to record a number of new tracks, potentially for release on a retrospective or an album of new material.

i'm honing in on >>retrospect OR album of new material. the boxed set scenario of outtakes, rarities and unreleased concert material is enough to invoke an endorphine rush. however i would adore new material. maybe they'll be one at the tour end as previous rumours have stated. then we can have both!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.