ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing The Tour - NYC 1997
By Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is this real? Ronnie not to play in this tour!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-29-02 05:40 PM
Gazza It's quite obvious Moy meant that particular line as a joke but was serious about the rest....

I've heard a lot of speculation in the last 24 hours about this story. Here's hoping its ONLY speculation. I'd rather we waited until next week until we know the true facts (hard though that is to wait that long with a potential bombshell like this) rather than debate it,to be honest!
04-29-02 05:53 PM
Gazza Hearing now from the same source we had before that this story may well be a "cruel hoax". Lets hope thats the case and of so,that the moron who started it will be hung by his testicles
04-29-02 08:01 PM
Scot Rocks Agree Gaz if someone made this up they should have their asses kicked!
04-29-02 08:44 PM
MRD8 The bottom line is that Woody will be on that stage with them a week from tomorrow when they announce plans for their 40th anniversary tour...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
04-29-02 10:44 PM
Moonlight Mile I do recall Ronnie himself saying that his doctor told him his liver was enlarged when he check into Priory house around two years ago. Thats usually, but not always, a sign of fatty liver with decreased function which requires a special diet, and not a sign of cancer or cirrhosis.

I doubt Ronnie has cancer. Alcohol induced liver cancer is one of the most aggresive cancers you can get, and usually kills you in a matter of weeks as opposed to months or years. Its unlikely that Ronnie would go to Arizona rehab with liver cancer, knowing he could drop dead any day.

He may have cirrhosis, which should not affect whether he tours or not. It would be early cirrhosis (assuming his previous statement that his liver was only enlarged is true), and that can be controlled and slowed for quite some time. Moreover, up until cirrhosis kills you, you are usually quite functional in other respects.

More than likely he just has liver damage, which "only" requires major lifestyle changes (diet, medication, etc.) and shouldn't affect Ronnie's lifespan any more or less than the rest of brutal shit he has put his body through for the last 35 or so years.

Personally, I'd be rather disgusted with Mick, Keith and Charlie if they were to announce a world tour with a new guitar player knowing that Ronnie was about to die. Thats another reason why I think its unlikely that he is.

Guess we'll fnd out soon.
04-30-02 12:12 PM
be true It's not true. I tell you guys. He def play with them.
04-30-02 04:08 PM
WahWahWoody What Moonlight Mile wrote makes sense to me and I hope Ronnie's health condition is not that bad. We all know what he has done to his body but let's all hope going back to rehab was not too late. I want to see him come out of that blimp thing next week in Central Park. I'm quite sure he will...
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.