ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing The Tour - NYC 1997
By Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour dates Return to archive
04-26-02 07:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Based on the information posted here at the board we have the following dates. Please use this thread to post a date if you know it or to add the venues, the exact date or correct any.

7-May NYC Press Conference
03-Sep Boston
10-Sep Chicago - United Center
13-Sep Chicago - Comiskey Park
15-Sep Chicago - Vic Theater club show
18-Sep Philadelphia
20-Sep Philadelphia
22-Sep Philadelphia
26-Sep NYC
28-Sep NYC
30-Sep NYC
12-Oct Detroit
xx-Nov Montreal
xx-Jan St. Louis - Savvis Center
07-Feb Mexico City - Foro Sol
09-Feb Mexico City - Foro Sol or Auditorio Nacional
xx-Feb Australia
xx-Jun Glastonbury England
xx-Aug London
04-26-02 07:48 PM
Gazza Theres no game at Giants Stadium on the weekend of those New York dates - I hear that'll be the venue for the new York area

Los Angeles will be in late October - probably a multiple night stand at the Staples Center from what Ive heard.

I personally doubt very much the Stones will play Glastonbury. However it seems that the London shows will be indoors..at Earls Court - possibly August 2003
04-26-02 08:42 PM
MRD8 Here are a couple of other dates for your list: Ft. Lauderdale October 22/23 NCR Center...Atlanta October 26th(Georgia Dome)...they will be in LA for Holloween...not sure how many shows there or where...I'll ask next time I talk to my buddy...any other city requests? I know they will be in Cleveland and Pittsburgh too...don't know exact dates there either!
04-26-02 09:00 PM
glencar How do you people know the dates? How much of this can be counted on?
04-26-02 09:18 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! They don't really know the dates at all, it just makes for good conversation and to build up the excitment! If anyone REALLY knows the dates, could you please just go ahead and run down all the shows for the tour. This will save me from going crazy waiting on the announcment. It's Friday night and I'm stoned to the max!
04-26-02 10:15 PM
CousinCocaine Can't believe they'll do Earls Court again - (or did they rebuild it ?!)
04-26-02 11:00 PM
Gazza Earls court was never demolished in the first place....I dont know what youre referring to,,its been there for decades..maybe youre thinking of wembley stadium which WONT be ready for years (if it ever is)..quite a difference in capacity (about 60,000!!)

as for people knowing the dates & venues - the tours gonna be announced in less than 2 weeks time. theyre not just gonna make their plans on THAT day...the stones and their people know the dates already as obviously theyve been planning the logistics for some time...people do hear info through either contacts at the various venues or contacts close to the band themselves..and checking various arena websites too which shows when the places are available.

Obviously you'll hear some wild and unsubstantiated rumours before the tour - and even some solid plans can be subject to change..but at this stage theres a LOT of good info starting to emerge too!
04-26-02 11:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
...any other city requests?

Hey Bob, ask your buddy for the whole schedule
04-27-02 12:21 AM
Jaxx just give me denver and NYC or the vicintiy dates so i may rest in peace and finally be able to plan my fall schedule. PLEASE?? obviously, aint too proud tooo...(well, sometimes, ~maybe~)

04-27-02 01:09 AM
Stonesdoug Hey Jaxx--Denver will have the privilige of being the final show on the US tour
04-28-02 02:51 PM
marko you wanna come to finland?i�ll get you tickets for helsinki
show,,,,,(july 2003).
04-28-02 08:11 PM
Scot Rocks Apart from Glastonbury and London does anybody have any more UK Tour news?

04-28-02 08:17 PM
Scot Rocks BTW More tour news on IORR

Mick Taylor, do they have the same 'sources' as Joey...

and May 7th announcement

http://www.iorr.org/news.htm

Roll on the Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!and 'H
04-29-02 02:44 AM
marko Yes,that is the most reliable page,iorr,,,and Mick taylor
will be there,in a way or another.A guest for 3-4shows,or
if ronnie can�t make,maybe a whole tour?
04-29-02 04:44 AM
Jaxx Stonesdoug wrote:
Hey Jaxx--Denver will have the privilige of being the final show on the US tour

there's some great news. i, for one, don't mind being the last stop in the US of A. hopefully i will have done NYC by then. thanks SD!

marko wrote:
you wanna come to finland?i�ll get you tickets for helsinki
show,,,,,(july 2003).

now there's a venue! helsinki in july. lots of sunshine that time of year, no?
04-29-02 10:58 AM
Joey Does anyone have any information on when the Stones will play Kemper Arena in Kansas City ?

Thanks ,

Joey
04-29-02 05:13 PM
Gazza >now there's a venue! helsinki in july. lots of sunshine that time of year, no?

I'd have thought youd have been more likely to ask him if there was anywhere you could SKI,jaxx....

04-30-02 02:32 AM
marko Could you ski in finland,in that part of the year....heh
jeez mates,its not THAT cold in finland.Anyways,finish
summer can be extremely hot,but it can be quite cold as well,i remember days,it was only +15 warm...in july.But if
�ou wanna come,i will help you BOTH ofcourse.
04-30-02 01:05 PM
marcus aurelianus Does anyone know any dates in Europe ? In 2003 I suppose .
Espescially in France ... Thanks !
04-30-02 02:59 PM
MRD8 Since my good friend Gerardo requested it from me here is the complete tour date list that I have from my friend...notice there are often gaps of several days in here so that other shows can be "plugged in":
Boston
9-3
9-5
9-8
Chicago
9-10
9-13
9-15
Philly
9-18
9-20
9-22
NYC
9-26
9-28
9-30
Washington, D.C.
10-4
10-5
Detroit
10-12
Cleveland
10/14
Toronto
10/16
10/18
Columbus
10/20
Ft. Lauderdale
10/22
10/23
Atlanta
10/26
LA
10/31(Halloween)
11/2
11/4
Tacoma
11/6
San Fransisco
11-8
11-9
Oakland
11-12
San Diego
11-14
Las Vegas
11-16
11-29
11-30
Then back in January for more U.S. dates...including NYC, Dallas, Houston, St. Louis, Denver and...
04-30-02 03:11 PM
Jaxx I'd have thought youd have been more likely to ask him if there was anywhere you could SKI,jaxx....
[/quote]

i'd have to head to southern hemisphere to ski in july, i think! chile, south pole. i'm thinking helsinki THAT time year is getting 16-20 hours of sunshine. i know alaska has quite L O N G summer daze..........
04-30-02 03:13 PM
Joey Cool !!!! Thanks !

This is great news for all fans of Rock and Roll !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjoey !

04-30-02 03:34 PM
Stonesdoug well Bob--there's two dates you haven't taken from my list yet. San Antonio is up in SHIDOOBEEland and Nashville will be up later
05-01-02 12:55 AM
Martha Holy F****CK!!
I hope the dates are right on. I turn 45 on the 15th of October and would make the Cleveland gig for certain.

Just returned from the Macca show..which was excellent. Toured the Rock Hall too...highly recommend going there to all of you who make it to Ohio for the Stones shows.

I saw the Stones when I turned 40 so this is another shot in the arm as I age! I feel so alive when I'm at a Stones show! Cannot wait. Saw some great Stones concert footage (and photos, and induction ceremonies) at the Rock Hall and i'm psyched!

Gazza, confirmed that the hate letter came from Fiji!

OHHH YEAAAAA!!!

Thanks for the info!

peace

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.