ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing The Tour - NYC 1997
By Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great News! Return to archive
04-26-02 11:04 AM
Maxlugar Great news everyone!

I just came back from the trading floor here at work and was talking to some very pumped buddies of mine.

Pumped? Pumped about what, you say?

It seems we will all have a lot more money this year, that's what!

You see, my Stonesilicious Stoneslings, the Bush Economy is heating up! Burning in fact!

The latest GDP (The best and broadest indicator of economic health) has posted an amazing 5.8 surge in the first quarter of this year.

Frig yeah!

Now, the pundits can all speculate about this and that about what this means to America blah blah blah�.

I'll tell you what it REALLY means though.

Maxy will be taking a limousine to the shows here in NYC!

Actually, it'll be a Black Limousine!!! Would anyone like to do shots with Maxy in his stretch riding up and down 6th Ave?

Oh this is great news. There is nothing to stop us now!

Long live George W. Bush!

And long live the Rolling Stones!!!!

If anyone needs me I'll be staring out of my 28th floor window towards Central Park. Looking for Blimps.

Maxy "Kudlow" Lugar!
04-26-02 11:10 AM
Jaxx i'm taking all this news as a "buy" signal....

cool, maxxy. you could fit alot of folks in a black limo. i'd love to howl down 6th ave.
04-26-02 11:21 AM
Scot Rocks Yeah...Long live Puppet Bush...!!

04-26-02 11:23 AM
Joey "The latest GDP (The best and broadest indicator of economic health) has posted an amazing 5.8 surge in the first quarter of this year. "

This was announced this morning on CNBC at 7:30 AM while young Joey was about to leave for work . Even I am surprised at how powerfully the economy grew this past quarter .

It is great news for all .......I just hope it continues and is not just an aberration .

My instinct tells me it may not last if we have another oil shock . Go Stones !!!!!

J . " Cramer " Joey

The Joey

04-26-02 11:39 AM
Maxlugar "My instinct tells me it may not last if we have another oil shock."

It's all taken care of.

Why do you think we all got treated to that testicle shrinking public display of fellatio by Bush on Crown Price Abdullah?

Relax. Bush is doing it right.

You don't know how to drive a limo by any chance, do you?

Maxlugar (Of the Famous NY Limousine 10)

04-26-02 11:43 AM
jb Bush sucks! Clinton rules little republican boy!
04-26-02 12:13 PM
Martha
So...we won't have an oil scare since Cardboard Bush went down on Prince whoosit.

I'm so glad to know that we will continue on in denial of the ramifications of oil use on the environment.

I think it would be much cooler if you came to the show in some electric ( or hybrid) vehicle...hot air balloon...or better yet jump off the top floor of your building and fly in....or parachute..anything but the traditional limo...it's been done.

I think the Stones would enjoy a more unique entrance from the die hard fans. Maybe the press will take your photo as you float down to the venue!!!!

Just an alternative thought.
04-26-02 12:28 PM
Joey "My instinct tells me it may not last if we have another oil shock."

It's all taken care of. "

There is always the unexpected Maxy .

We can debate this at McCanns this fall when you are showing me around the city .

I have never been to " Names and Faces Lounge " so that is first on the list . That " Stones' Savy " B2B era portrait of the " boys " cries out to me like the sirens into the rocks .

" Paint Me Ronnie "

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey

The Joey , C10

04-26-02 12:30 PM
glencar Thank God for President Bush! I'm so glad we have a good guy who reacts when this country is attacked! The economy thing is nice too. I'll be racing limos with Maxy.
04-26-02 02:01 PM
Dan <>

I like how he attempted to shift the focus from a dangerous terrorist who attacked us to a piddly little wannabe Stalin who poses no threat to America but just happens to be sitting on some of the largest oil reserves in the world.

I lost a lot of respect for him when he was dancing all over the graves of the 3,000 dead with his stratospheric approval ratings saying he wasn't concerned with Bin Laden, but Saddam Hussein on the other hand...
04-26-02 02:47 PM
Maxlugar Saddam has his fingerprints all over 9/11 and believe it or not the Oklahoma City bombing too.

Not to mention the fact he is builidng a nuke. Here in NYC I am just a tad bit scared of that.

Also, by knocking him over, Iran may soon follow with their own revolution. The people of Iran are surprisingly pro-US.

In short (very short as I have no patience today) Saddam is the linch pin for other positive things to happen in the Middle East.

The fact that you called this man harmless is alarming. The Gulf War never ended for him. It's too bad we realized it too late.

But all that is of no consequence right now.

For I just came back from my local boot dealer with The Flowers Alternate and Jeff Beck 2/23/01 LA.

Tonight I shall rock.

Maxy
04-26-02 03:05 PM
Joey "Also, by knocking him over, Iran may soon follow with their own revolution. The people of Iran are surprisingly pro-US. "

Saddam was left in power on purpose by Bush Sr. and for very very good reason .....he holds the region together . Without Saddam in power , Iran would move in and occupy the southern half of Iraq , Syria would move in and occupy the Western half , Turkey the northern ...you get the idea .
Plus , we left the Republican guard intact so that Iraq could defend itself against its neighbors .

George Bush Sr. was a foreign policy genius . Too bad he ignored the domestic economy to such a degree that we had riots in L.A. and dissent everywhere in ' 92 .

Joey

04-26-02 03:12 PM
glencar Now that's just silly, Joey. Dissent is always with us. And those riots didn't happen for any reason other than bad manners. Shoot, I'm not all that sure that the President (whoever it is) has all that much influence on the economy.
04-26-02 03:35 PM
Maxlugar Joey,

That was indeed the thinking of the time. Bush should have taken the fight all the way and removed Saddam but he let the doves talk him into it.

Now, ten years later, the situation has changed quite a bit. The people of Iran have had it with their religious leaders and defy them quite often. To you know the street were filled with pro-us demostrators after 9/11? No of course not. The liberal media don't focus on that or anything else pro-US.

No one is going anywhere into Iraq after we've invaded. The oil fields will be secured first.

And do you know what that means?

WE'LL BE FILLING THE BLACK LIMOUSINE UP WITH GAS FOR 5 DOLLARS A POP!!!!

FRIG YEAH!!!!

Goooood Bleessssss aaaammericaaaaa, LANNNNDDD THAAAAT IIII LOOOOOVVVVEEE........

Do you know where the gas cap is on a limo, Joey? Oh and do you have some kind of uniform, like a doorman outfit or something?

Something spiffy....

Maxlugar
04-26-02 04:17 PM
Joey "Do you know where the gas cap is on a limo, Joey? Oh and do you have some kind of uniform, like a doorman outfit or something?

Something spiffy.... "

Oh yeah , I am all set . I bought Keith Moon's old Nazi uniform at an auction three years ago . We are going to have fun ! I can barely drive when I am sober ....the fact that everyone trusts a drunk young Joey in NYC is absolutely breathtaking and shows the world how much love and faith you all have in him . It's an honor .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey

M . C . Joey

The Joey ,C9

04-26-02 07:50 PM
nankerphelge I will even it out with the latest offerings of Black Limo I. A fine indica with dark purple leaves that will actually take over your bodily functions and help you navigate the limo. Its like having On-star in your head.
04-27-02 12:33 AM
Jaxx quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nankerphelge wrote:
I will even it out with the latest offerings of Black Limo I. A fine indica with dark purple leaves that will actually take over your bodily functions and help you navigate the limo. Its like having On-star in your head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay; now someone is finally talking "my" language. ~this~ i can relate to. talking about "the tops"? how heavenly.......&;->
04-27-02 02:13 AM
MononoM My message to bush:
04-27-02 05:02 AM
TT Leave the fucking US policy out of this board!
04-27-02 05:14 AM
stonedinaustralia amen
04-27-02 05:15 AM
stonedinaustralia on the ohter hand the stones as we all(should) know are more than just a rock 'n' roll band...so... bring it on...
04-27-02 06:39 AM
Scot Rocks Keith Richards for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...then the whole world could chill!!!!!!
04-27-02 11:12 AM
Scottfree I don't think RaRa would be chillin, he would shoot first and then ax questions, or perhaps not ax any questions at all! God bless Keith

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.