ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing The Tour - NYC 1997
By Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More on Mick & Keith on the Simpsons Return to archive
04-25-02 09:01 AM
CS Elvis Costello talks about his upcoming guest spot in the Season 14 premiere, "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation." to air early November, 2002.

"Things like appearing in The Simpsons are a little bonus you get for having made a lot of records," he laughs. "I'm playing myself, of course, although I'm slightly yellow. I've seen the drawing and, I have to say, I look better as a cartoon. What happens? Homer goes looking for a rock 'n' roll adviser and finds me. That's about all I can tell you."

When Marge discovers that Homer's lifelong dream was to become a rock musician, she sends him to a Rock n Roll fantasy camp. Guest Starring Mick Jagger, Lenny Kravitz, Elvis Costello and Robbie Williams as Themselves.

04-25-02 10:14 AM
Scot Rocks Robbie Williams a rock & roll musician!!...no comment needed
BTW cheers for the info.

04-26-02 03:01 PM
moy not just mick, also keith

==============================================

Stones roll into The Simpsons

Jessica Hodgson
Friday April 26, 2002

Mick Jagger

Rock dinosaurs Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are the latest celebrities to star in a cameo role in The Simpsons, the show's creator has revealed.

The Rolling Stones legends will join other music stars, including Tom Petty, Elvis Costello, Brian Setzer and Lenny Kravitz on the programme.

The show's creator, Matt Groening, told Phill Jupitus - presenting the breakfast show on BBC digital radio station 6Music - of his plans.

"We get to animate them exactly the way we want to - even if they're old they can still rock. That's the way we animate them," said Groening.

An appearance in The Simpsons is fast coming to rival a place on Hollywood Boulevard as the new media hall of fame.

The rockers join a long line of British characters to feature on the hit US cartoon show, including Beatles drummer Ringo Starr, Sir Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, Sting, U2 and The Who.

Media and business moguls including Rupert Murdoch and Bill Gates have also appeared on the cartoon.

04-26-02 03:03 PM
moy Rolling Stones to feature on The Simpsons

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are to be guests on The Simpsons.

The Rolling Stones legends will join a host of music veterans in a forthcoming episode of the animated show.

Tom Petty, Elvis Costello, Brian Setzer and Lenny Kravitz will also be featured.

Simpsons creator Matt Groening spoke of the appearance on Phill Jupitus's show on BBC digital radio station 6 Music.

"We get to animate them exactly the way we want to - even if they're old they can still rock. That's the way we animate them," he said.

Story filed: 14:07 Friday 26th April 2002

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.