ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing The Tour - NYC 1997
By Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No New Album Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-25-02 06:47 PM
MRD8 Joey,
I do indeed have a copy of The Who's Jones Beach 2000 video...the one where Townshend smashes his guitar...my copy is 1st generation from the filmer...an incredible show!
04-25-02 07:32 PM
Gazza "Tracks" was really great - and it was good that so many of the songs hadnt been bootlegged previously too (especially the stuff on disc 4)..wish he'd played more of the songs live though,usually it was just a couple per night in a 165 minute show

Difference with Bruce is - a lot of his unreleased stuff is unquestionably as good as what he'd previously released officially, so he could play a lot of that stuff in concert and it would work for his fans. Same with Dylan.

I dont think that applies to the Stones - theyve tended to release their BEST material (no one could seriously suggest from whats available that the circulated songs that are available are on a par with "Jumpin Jack Flash" and stuff like that - maybe their quality control has been better,or maybe its just a case of not being as prolific or finishing songs properly) They also would rarely if ever take chances by playing unreleased songs in concert

(The Stones,Dylan and Springsteen are my three fave acts by a mile and I collect all three of them. I hope the Stones can eventually put a boxed set of unreleased material that'll thrill their fans like "Tracks" and "The Bootleg series" did for the fans of the other two!)
04-25-02 09:03 PM
Joey "Joey,
I do indeed have a copy of The Who's Jones Beach 2000 video...the one where Townshend smashes his guitar...my copy is 1st generation from the filmer...an incredible show!"

That is Great !! I am interested in trading for it .

Please give me your E-Mail address ...I would really appreciate it .

Thanks

Joey

04-26-02 05:18 AM
MRD8 Joey,
My email address is [email protected]
04-26-02 11:29 AM
Joey I just E- Mailed you .

Thank You very much Sir !!!!!

Joey
04-26-02 05:14 PM
sandrew Gazza, I think you're right about the Stones' "vault." While they probably have recordings of hundreds of fragments, leftover riffs, and jams, I doubt very much they have 66 unreleased songs - I'm talking polished, radio-worthy songs - ready to go.

I'm surprised you like the fourth CD of "Tracks," by the way. I'm partial to the first two - the last collection was all that synthetic stuff he recorded without the E Street Band. (I do like "Back In Your Arms Again" though.)

But back to the vault: I remember Keith saying how they chose which songs made it onto Voodoo Lounge. He said, basically, they threw on the 15 they had "ready to go" - which would certainly account for the inclusion of weak tracks like "Suck on the Jugular."

Perhaps that's what they have generally done for most of their records: write like crazy, then release whatever's finished.
04-26-02 05:21 PM
Gazza well..the atraction about disc 4 was that I had many of the songs already that were on the first couple of discs (mostly,the Darkness,River stuff..) so whilst that earlier stuff may be BETTER,disc 4 was a bit of a find for collectors!
04-26-02 05:25 PM
sandrew Gotcha ... I'm a pretty big fan of Bruce, but haven't collected any Springsteen rarities. So "Tracks" was a veritable feast for me, from start to finish.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.